• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Befriending My Soul

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
You guys go ahead and set up a time to do this without me. *sniffle* Thanks for considering my schedule, though, Victor.

I have to work Sunday during the day and won't be around till later in the evening, around 9PM EST, which definitely won't work if we're trying to work around time zone issues as well! :) I hope you have fun, and when anybody decides to do something of this nature again, let me know. It sounds quite interesting.

Mole

Permabanned
You guys go ahead and set up a time to do this without me. *sniffle* Thanks for considering my schedule, though, Victor.

I have to work Sunday during the day and won't be around till later in the evening, around 9PM EST, which definitely won't work if we're trying to work around time zone issues as well! :) I hope you have fun, and when anybody decides to do something of this nature again, let me know. It sounds quite interesting.

Bananatrombones is right. Time and schedules are irrelevant to us.

So if you send me your Skype name or phone number, I can ring you in a trice. We can read Wind in the Willows to one another whenever it suits us.

Victor.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
LOL. This whole thread is so bizarre. And I completely love it. My Skype name is in your Inbox.

Mole

Permabanned
LOL. This whole thread is so bizarre. And I completely love it. My Skype name is in your Inbox.

This thread is bizarre only because it is original and new.

Rather than driving forward looking in the rear vision mirror, we are simply looking through the windscreen.

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
Shamanic Trance States
Each depth of trance has valuable uses. For example, in the Light and Medium Trances you can learn to begin practical Shamanic Journeying so that you can see, hear, touch and smell experiences in the worlds which border ours. In those trance states these journeys will feel similar to a fantasy or daydream and you may wonder if it is real, or just your imagination. As you train yourself to deepen the trance the journeys become more vivid, until, in the Deep Trance, they look and feel as though they are taking place in physical reality.
This is about where I'm at right now with the trance stuff.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Victor, I send you a virtual very, very gentle kiss on your cheek.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your soul has poor hygiene, and keeps sleeping on the couch way into the afternoon. I don't think we can be friends.

Mole

Permabanned
Victor, I send you a virtual very, very gentle kiss on your cheek.

Tiltyred, what would I do without you. I am right in the middle of arranging a conference call on Skype between Jewelchild, Bananatrombones and myself to read Wind in the Willows aloud, and my computer went down. This was the perfect time for a virtual very, very gentle kiss on the cheek.

Mole

Permabanned
Shamanic Trance States

This is about where I'm at right now with the trance stuff.

Hello Bcvcdc, it's nice to hear from you.

Yes, trances are a normal part of our daily life. All of us enter the hypnogogic trance twice a day - once when we are waking up and once when we are falling asleep.

Constantly during the day we are moving in and out of trances such as the TV trance, the driving trance, the reading trance, the exercise trance, the music trance, the sexual trance, the computer trance, the dancing trance, the sports' trance, the narcotic trance, the alcohol trance, the cigarette trance, the self talk trance, the trance of eating, the shopping trance, the astrology trance and the MBTI trance. Why, we even enter a light trance when we travel in an elevator.

The truth is there is nothing esoteric about trances, they are as common and normal as apple pie.

But what is most interesting is that we take trances for granted. They are just given to us - almost none of us have been taught how to design our own trances.

But here I am, I have designed a group trance consisting of reading Wind in the Willows aloud over the noosphere.

Iwaker in New Jersey, NY and I have had one successful run - so much so we talked for three and quarter hours.

And at the moment I am organising a second run with Bananatrombones in Surrey, England and Jewelchild in New York.

Wish us luck.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
So if I post on the Internet while I'm riding my exercise bike and listening to music, what kind of trance is that? Or am I combining trances at the moment?

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
There's a trance institute?

There's an institute for everything. I want to make an institute. Maybe we should make an institute for people who read books turn and turn about via Skype. The institute of soul changers. :)

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I don't like my voice. It might be a useful exercise to read aloud to a bunch of strangers. Maybe I would read without pretense and like the way I sound. Or maybe nobody notices what I do. Bone conduction and all.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
I just like books. And hanging out. That's about all the responsibility I plan to assume in this shindig. :)

Mole

Permabanned
depends, sounds like a big responsibility

It's just Wind in the Willows. My parents read it to me as a child and I loved it. And Mole, the Water Rat, Toad and Badger have remained my friends for life.

I would like to introduce them to you.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I just like books. And hanging out. That's about all the responsibility I plan to assume in this shindig. :)

I have only one phone. It's at my house. Not like wherever I go I can talk on skype! Plus what if I come down with strep? :cry:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's just Wind in the Willows. My parents read it to me as a child and I loved it. And Mole, the Water Rat, Toad and Badger have remained my friends for life.

I would like to introduce them to you.
It's one of my favorites. My mother read it to me many times when I was a child. Have you seen the film adaptation with Michael Palin as Ratty?