• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How hard is it to impress you ?

INTPatricia

MBTI Type
intj
i want a man with dishpan hands

:wubbie: just do my dishes and take out the trash... :heart:

...and then I'm all yours... :newwink:

:smoke:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
near impossible.
But I appreciate skill in general. That's something I respect.

LucrativeSid

I love, appreciate, and utilize the extraordinary, but since I always expect it to be abundant, I'm rarely impressed by it.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Not hard, just do or think of something I haven't before.

yeah the thing is people don't share everything with you donut. and neither do you share your ideas.
That's one of the reasons why everybody think they're special.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
yeah the thing is people don't share everything with you donut. and neither do you share your ideas.
That's one of the reasons why everybody think they're special.
There's adifference between thinking and knowing you are special. I find that very impressive.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ok, here is the thing.

It is very very hard to impress me.
I think my worst social problem is this. Since people function on the way that they are impressing eachother all the time. People say that they are hard to impress but next to me all of them they are actually easy to impress.
Simply because social dinamics can push them in a playful mode.

What especially horrifies people is that not only that I don't give compliments when they are expecting it I actually start to criticize. Of course I am simply trying to get more information to check is this really good or actually it isn't.
Plus I need to place things into a logical framework wich is needed because I need to know what can actually be done with it. Which means I can have a "problem" with things that are simply for fun.

In my vocabulary there is no : WOW that so cool! :D
Maybe I can fake it in some sitations but this is not my thing.

This can be directly linked to my deficit of Fe since I have a deficit of it even for an INTJ. On the other hand I have very strong Te that is being used in the places where Fe should be used. So I come as overly critical and hostile but still calm and reserved. Over the years I have learned to keep my mouth shut but in some situation that is unpractical.
It is simply in my nature to take everything apart. Even if I will keep my mouth shut I will do the entire process of analysing.

I can't even remember how many times I have been accused that I don't know how to enjoy in life. (what is technically true)

When I was younger my SP father used to get annoyed by my overrationalization/planning of pretty much everything. What has resulted with "Shut up Data!" from his side on many occasions.

I simply can't help myself when somthing gets infront of me. I simply have to analysed it. Unless there is something better to do.
Even on this forum I have caused a number of lols with this approach. Since people thought I am too serious.

But even if I will be impressed I will have to take it apart first.

The main problem in all of this is that everyday life in no match for my inner/private life.

Everyday life: Includes talking about weather , daily politics , Tv shows/movies , cell phones , analysis of sport games , food, having a baby.
And stuff like that.

While privately : Science talk like why is Croatia which is a European county more of a African country from geological perspective, water/food supplys on a global level , why we should expand into space and what is space anyway , why it is inevitable that mankind will extnct one day, geopolitics and distribution of conventional and nuclear weapons in the world. Plus many similar things.

I can do everyday talk if needed but you simply can't expect of me to be impressed if I have this kinds of things in the background.

Some people can talk about this but they don't talk about this seriously.

Often I am acused that I am arrogant and that I don't respect other peoples opinions or social conventions. Which is true and I am actually proud of it.
For example in my country alot of people claim to be politically wise while I disagree with that "fact" since it is obvious that it is not true.

Which is mainly because almost no one thinks about things that are not close to our borders. They have the right to think what they want but they simply fail in facts and possible scenarios because they don't take all the date into consideration.

Btw. my society has a deficit of N and stronger Js (and strong introverts of course)

For example I am the only male member of my family (dead ones included) that is not an SP. While all women are EFs.
We don't hate eachother but deep understaning between us is unlikely in most cases.
So finding similar minded people is quite a task. In the case that there are not some NPs around I would not have anyone to talk to about abstract things at all.

I am not posting this bacause I am looking for a shoulder to cry upon.
I am simply interested in how other NTs solved this problem. :yes:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^^^ There is nothing wrong with what you are saying. Each to their own. People genuinely like to know what makes others tick, its hard with people like yourselves as your a closed book. Simple communication solves so many problems with less criticizism though.

How hard is it to impress me?

Not very hard, i like people, i like to know how they tick and as i am usually a good judge of character if i think your a dodgy character, goodbye.
Saying that though i am always on guard, so you'll only see what i want you to see and i will keep you at a distance until i feel safe to let you in. ;)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
My ISTP impresses me all the time. Not just with his knowledge and how in touch he is with his physical surroundings, but also his determination and quiet resolution. Funny story: few weeks ago he came over and we were clearing out the shed. Found an adult sized pogo stick that us lot gave up on, having not managed to get a single bounce out of it before falling off. ISTP picks it up and figures he's gonna have a go. Gets two jumps first time. Within 10 minutes, he's got 15 jumps, even though the pogo stick's air compression springy type thing is badly in need of pumping up. Few days later he turns up with a pump, sorts it out, and doggedly stuck at it, in the blazing heat, til he'd done about 30 jumps.

I was so impressed, I joked "Oooh you're sexy when you get all determined!" But for an instant there, I was almost turned :laugh:

Knowledge is quite hard to impress me with... understanding and insight though, impresses me. And good human qualities like patience, compassion, willpower, kindness and faith (not necessarily in supernatural stuff). And competence.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Knowledge is quite hard to impress me with... understanding and insight though, impresses me. And good human qualities like patience, compassion, willpower, kindness and faith (not necessarily in supernatural stuff). And competence.

Same. I envy people with a 'go do it' attitude because I don't have it. I'm impressed with their ability to get off their butt and do something. It's been so easy for me to impress teachers and parents with half-assed work that I've gone and got myself stuck in neutral (or first gear).

Not very hard, i like people, i like to know how they tick and as i am usually a good judge of character if i think your a dodgy character, goodbye.
Saying that though i am always on guard, so you'll only see what i want you to see and i will keep you at a distance until i feel safe to let you in.

I'm very much this way, too. If I like you it isn't too hard to impress me (I am in no way discriminating about anything), but if you're sketchy it will be very unlikely that I'll even be polite to you. People know when I don't like someone.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
It's hard to impress me. I often feel bad about it too. I don't know how to act to make the person feel like I'm impressed without overdoing it. When people feel like they can't impress you, I think they get the vibe to just stay away from you. It kind of sucks.

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
It's hard to impress me.
I often feel bad about it too.
Why do you feel bad? Your standards are your standards. Why should you compromise them for anyone?

I don't know how to act to make the person feel like I'm impressed without overdoing it.

Say something like, "Well done"?

When people feel like they can't impress you, I think they get the vibe to just stay away from you. It kind of sucks.

Some people "need" external validation. I wonder if they confuse your lack of being impressed with rejection?

Comments are bolded in the quote because I'm lazy.

WickedQueen

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
3w4
As the title says : How hard is to impress you ?

What kinds of things impress you ? Are they more physical in nature or ideas are more likely to impress you ?

The passion for humanity, walk the talk, honesty, and loyalty.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Not hard at all.
I literally try to consciously not be impressed by some characteristic of a person, any person, because I always am and it's a bit worrisome.
Even on this forum, my mind is like, "Wow, I like how honest they are, wow, their avatars are amazing, wow, she's so friendly, etc. etc." When I get in arguments with people, I'm still thinking, "Wow, it's cool that they stick with their views so adamantly, even though it's a pain in the ass."
Very worrisome.

P

Phantonym

It is not that difficult to impress me when I'm in a good mood and my "people-channel" is open. People's efforts to impress others merely amuse me and I dearly love to laugh (possibly with them but most probably at them). But if I'm caught off guard, it's really the simple little things that impress me the most. Things that are not that obvious and forced, and not used solely to impress others.

People being themselves, open-minded, sincere, with a good (or bad) sense of humour and tons of wits. People who are able to overcome themselves and their fears without advertising it loudly to the rest of the world. People who make a conscious decision and stick to it, but not at the expense of others. I admire that a lot.

When I'm not in that good of a mood, I couldn't care less about other people...

Scarfism

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w9
It is quite difficult to impress me (especially when it comes to people).

Things that impress me are:

1. When someone expresses themselves in a different way than I do yet, at the end, their ideas are the same.

2. Decisive people who can get things done.

3. Nice people.

4. People who remind me of myself. ;)