• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How hard is it to impress you ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As the title says : How hard is to impress you ?

What kinds of things impress you ? Are they more physical in nature or ideas are more likely to impress you ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, I think it's pretty hard to impress me, for the sake of trying to impress me.

Most times people impress me it is unintended. Most times people are trying to impress me, they don't...

That's weird, I need to ponder on this subject. :p

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Discipline impresses me, however positive or negative. It doesn't mean I'll like it though.

How about you AS?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perseverance is what impresses me mostly by the way. But not perserverance in trying to impress.

But for example perseverance through rough times. Staying on top. In control.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a pessimist, I'm easy to impress...

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Discipline impresses me, however positive or negative. It doesn't mean I'll like it though.

How about you AS?

Well I don't have the time to write a my long answer now since I have to get some sleep. You will get your answer tomorrow.

;)

Also I would like to get more feedback first.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm impress by perseverance, hard work, and discipline...three traits i lack and envious of.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Most of my rivals impress me, which is why they are my rivals. They keep me on my toes. Very few people rice to this occasion.

I'm not impressed by bullshit, you know the kind, the American variety. "Up front where we can all get a strong whiff of it." - Carlin

I am impressed by raw skill and versatility aka thinking outside the box and immersion. This is always cool in my book.

Anything new tends to surprise and impress at the same time.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm easily impressed when someone's being themselves. I can sense ingenuity from a mile away.

The types of things I find impressive depends on what I desire to learn at the moment. I've found the best insight (though usually delivered in an implicit format) in the most unexpected places and individuals. I have an infinite child-like curiosity and want understand anything potentially useful as my time permits.

At the bottom line, if I'm shown a new and an equally (or a more) effective way of doing something, you can bet I'd respond with great interest.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most of my rivals impress me, which is why they are my rivals. They keep me on my toes. Very few people rice to this occasion.

Hell, I'd give it a shot. Might even grain your approval. :rofl1:

Things that impress me:
1) The natural world (yay universe!)
2) Elegant ideas (awe-inspiring displays of intellectual prowess generally)
3) Creative accomplishment
4) Dumb jokes and word play (Im a veritable pun slut hehe)

Things I could give a flying fuck about:
1) Status symbols.
2) Titles
3) Idiots

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
People who master gimmicky type skills like back flipping off roofs and tightrope walking impress me. Crazy xSxP stuff.

Mentally, I get impressed when someone's idea, thought, or action gives me a brain leap in understanding something better. Little eureka moments.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hell, I'd give it a shot. Might even grain your approval. :rofl1:

Things that impress me:
1) The natural world (yay universe!)
2) Elegant ideas (awe-inspiring displays of intellectual prowess generally)
3) Creative accomplishment
4) Dumb jokes and word play (Im a veritable pun slut hehe)

Things I could give a flying fuck about:
1) Status symbols.
2) Titles
3) Idiots
The rice and shytz isn't important. What is more important is - how hard to you kiss? You really should play the field.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Actually, I think it's pretty hard to impress me, for the sake of trying to impress me.

Most times people impress me it is unintended. Most times people are trying to impress me, they don't...

That's weird, I need to ponder on this subject. :p

Not weird at all, but yeah, I agree.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The rice and shytz isn't important. What is more important is - how hard to you kiss? You really should play the field.

All depends on what I have my mouth on.

TheDaringHatTrick

MBTI Type
XNFJ
What impresses me?

Intelligence, rapier wit, and a charming smile. A career they're passionate about. A sense of humor. Creative talent they're fostering with a hobby. And let's not forget good manners.

What really impresses me?

All of the above, and a dedication to a cause greater than themselves.

What astounds me?

All of the above, and the ability to take great care of their body.

Yeah, the last stipulation sounds pretty shallow, don't it? And maybe it is, but I go through great lengths to maintain my appearance, so I think it'd be nice to have someone who thinks the same way and doesn't jeopardize their personality and integrity for it!