• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics Types

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I am an INTP in MBTI and socionics. It says that to find your MBTI type from socionics, you have to reverse the last letter of your coding. Is anyone else here the same type in both systems and is an introvert?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nope, you don't automatically reverse your last letter if you're an introvert.

G

garbage

MBTI and Socionics type correlations are all over the place. For the functions to line up "as expected" in Socionics, a MBTI introvert would flip the last letter.

But the functions have different definitions in Socionics, so this isn't a cut-and-dry method. Sensing is especially different, with internal physical states belonging to Si and Se being about acquisition and influence. Intuition seems to have more of a MBTI Ne flavor overall, too. (I'm not sure about the others, and I'd love to hear about them.)

It's also purported that a MBTI INTP and a Socionics INTp actually describe the same type, just that the function order is in disagreement between the two systems.

Despite this, the online tests are about the same as in MBTI--mostly dichotomy based. Socionics relies on functions much more than MBTI, so dichotomy tests are even more inaccurate than MBTI's :doh:

As an example of how this plays out, I'm ENTp in Socionics and ENTP/ENFP in MBTI, and my INFP is a Socionics ISFp.

See also: the J/P switch, a good brief set of function definitions, and a chart of MBTI/Socionics correlations.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I test INFp in socionics, and INFP in MBTI, so the "same" for each.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've tested as ESTp and ESTj at different times.
Is it the same, supposedly, with extroverts - that you switch the last function letter?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
No, there is no reason why you should flip the last letters. The functions are switched, but they are defined and described in different ways, so a combination of Ti-Ne in MBTI can be roughly equal (in behavior) to a combination of Ni-Te in socionics. In any case, there is no real clear-cut correlation, even though I personally believe that for most people most letters remain the same.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There isn't much of an MBTI correlation. I'm ISFj in socionics and INFP in MBTI. You can be any socionics type and any MBTI type, they don't HAVE to be all that similar but they are a lot of the time.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
ENFP/ENTP in Socionics, ENFP in MBTI.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In Socionics I relate about equally to INTp, INFp, and INFj. I go with INFp because I know I have strong use of Ni in that system and because the INTp descriptions have a certain aura that's foreign to who I am.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In Socionics I relate about equally to INTp, INFp, and INFj. I go with INFp because I know I have strong use of Ni in that system and because the INTp descriptions have a certain aura that's foreign to who I am.

You either have PoLR Te or PoLR Fe. Those are two very different things... The PoLR is the vulnerable function. INFp and INTp are totally different. There are plenty of differences. You should look at the function's positioning definitions, the functions themselves' definitions and then apply them and see what fits.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Le point de moindre resistance, I hate it, it's vindicative

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You either have PoLR Te or PoLR Fe. Those are two very different things... The PoLR is the vulnerable function. INFp and INTp are totally different. There are plenty of differences. You should look at the function's positioning definitions, the functions themselves' definitions and then apply them and see what fits.
I think I relate more to INFp: I'm an extremely subjective person, and that's the antithesis of Te.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I'd say about half the time your socionics type is the same as your MBTI type, but the other half of the time it could be completely different

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
My socionics type is ISTj, which lines up with my MBTI. In addition, like my MBTI type, most tests indicate that while I am likely ISTj, they also indicate that ESTj and INTj are possibilities if ISTj isn't my type. In my case, the two systems agree.

look.to.the.sky

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I mentioned this in another thread already, but it seems like everyone who posted here didn't post there. None of the Socionics tests are that great, though usually give you a nice lead. It is best to read the information elements and functions and decide for yourself (true for MBTI as well). Some qualities persist from MBTI descriptions over to Socionics, but it's all really different.