• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How this makes you feel ?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For which reasons couldn't you view it?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean, are you deliberatly shutting you off from these forms of horror? Are you willingly building a wall around you to exclude yourself and your emotions from witnessing these events? Are you trying to hide from the destruction we are capable off? Do you enjoy pretending living in a perfect world, as to feel better and happy. Instead of facing the cold horrors of our daily lives?

Or does the link not work for you?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Here is the full story. Yesterday I have wondered around a You Tube a little bit and run across this video. But to me there is something deeply morbid about this video. Especially sice I took my time to figure the lyrics and the context.
Plus one of the rare things that are really interesting to me is apocalypse talk.

So I have decided to post this to see opinions of others.
If someone else wants to comment the topic is still open.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The apocalyptic point of view is of fair interest to me.

I explained in an earlier post that I find it good for us to have the capability to destroy ourselves. For the sole purpose of showing our true worth as a race. To see what we are deserving off.

It's a topic Ive pondered and dreamt about a lot. From a very objective and apathetic point of view however. But if there is some sense of purpose in this universe. Then no doubt such capabilities will be pivotal in finding those purposes.

Nostradamus' lyrics were first cause for me to delve into this subject. As well as doomsday movies, and such.

Most people wish we did not have the capability to destroy ourselves. And are in fact trying to hide from that fact. Terrified of the potential. I'm the opposite of that. I find it amazingly interesting.

To be able to live in a generation that is faced with the beginnings of these crossroads. To be able to taste the movement of our race into the future with the ability for great destruction, as well as the ability to build amazing feats. Is probably what I most enjoy, about the time we live in, right now.

Lark

I mean, are you deliberatly shutting you off from these forms of horror? Are you willingly building a wall around you to exclude yourself and your emotions from witnessing these events? Are you trying to hide from the destruction we are capable off? Do you enjoy pretending living in a perfect world, as to feel better and happy. Instead of facing the cold horrors of our daily lives?

Or does the link not work for you?

The link didnt work. Its not embedded or something like that. What is it showing?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha.

Okay, just click on the link in the blue area. It will take you to youtube.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The main reason why I have actually opened this topic is to ask why people(majority) feel so uncomfortable having conversations about this kinds of things. (things that include alot of dead people in the process)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, that rules me out then. :(

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Oh, that rules me out then. :(

No problem. We can expand it to "Why some people like to talk about this kinds of things".

The whole point is that the thread stays psychological in foundation instead of turning into a philosophycal thread. Nothing more.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah alright.

From a psychological point of view. I find it educational and important. Not emotional but factual.

I suppose some people, prefer to exclude themselves from such topic as to not confront themselves with such horror and grief. To try and protect themselves from these atrocities. Perhaps because they might feel as if they won't be able to live a happy, and safe life. The thought of it potentially happening anywhere. That we have the capability to wipe anyone out of existance in the blink of an eye. Might weigh so much on a person's shoulders that for them it is best to forget these things happen as much as possible. To prevent themselves from thinking about it. So they do not need to deal with such information in their daily lives. Putting up an emotional protective shell.

I'm not saying that is a wrong thing to do. I'm sure for some people that is probably the best course of action. In the end, everyone deserves a chance to live a happy life. But for me that wouldn't work. I want to be confronted by this. I want to learn from this. I want to know humanity's potential and I am not afraid to sample this. For good or bad. It's a most intruiging subject for me personally.

I think that's the best I can explain on my psychological aspect as well as my assumption on the psychological aspect for those who don't feel comfortable or avoid thesr topics.

Lark

The main reason why I have actually opened this topic is to ask why people(majority) feel so uncomfortable having conversations about this kinds of things. (things that include alot of dead people in the process)

Hmm, I'm not uncomfortable discussing dead people, war or bombs. I dont find it traumatising, to be honest the soundtrack and explosions meant that I associated it with entertainment and the terminator movies actually.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Turned it of halfway out of not being interested. Gave me a unfamiliar feeling of sorrow as I realized I could never get back those 2 minutes.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Reminds me of BlueWing's post...

Considering I'm pretty far back in the thread I guess participating is moot now :D

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Made me feel sad and a bit despondent, but anything of this nature tends to have that effect on me. Didn't watch the whole thing. Figured I got the point.

Just for the record, I don't avoid discussing things I consider morbid unless they are highly irreverent and offensive.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
Didn't really feel much of anything. Only that the song wasn't too interesting. I think the internet made me desensitized to most violence and shock videos/images.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
Hmm. I suppose the difference for me is simply that I don't set the deaths of everyone else who dies all the time to music and watch it for funsies.

It was because the creator of the video did this that I actually laughed as I watched it.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I was awestruck. I've seen a bunch of those bideos before, and they always leave me awestruck and completely aware that humanity needs to get their shit together before fecal matter hits the oscillating unit. =)