• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What kind of types do you resemble situationally?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My answers:

ENTJ when negotiating business deals, and in some job interviews
ENTP regularly
INTP while studying, or when in "informative" or analyzing role in public

ENFP when spending time with someone with good emotional world
ENFJ when I notice the need to be mentoring or therapeutic for someone
INFP when I'm on sentimental mood and watch some sad movie (edit: moved from ISFP)

ESTP in my impulsive mood with good friends
ISTP when concentrating on bureaucratic paperwork

ISTJ when doing my taxes, it requires damn much concentration
ESTJ when I try to output a good image in order to get social leverage

edit: I just listed my different faces, you list yours :) They may come in different situations and cover different types.

Last edited:

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
:shock: I think no matter how much I try I resemble an INFP in all situations.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ISFJ when in school generally, or I'm talking to someone with a position of authority over me.

INTP if I'm analyzing/explaining something complex, or I'm in a really sarcastic and critical mood towards everything, especially if it's something related to social norms.

INTJ if I'm being very direct about things and don't feel the need to mince words.

INFP if I'm expressing my deeper emotions.

ENFJ if I'm trying very hard to make a good impression.

I'm not sure, though, and these are just guesses based on my perception of the types.

girlnamedbless

MBTI Type
ESFJ
ISFJ during school, cause I don't know anywhere there yet.
ESTJ when people say "I hate my parents and I want to die".

autumn

MBTI Type
eNFP
I am an ENFP.

I resemble an INFP when I am especially contemplative, and often when writing, particularly when I am going through a time of self-growth and trying to work things through and understand them more fully. I am extroverted, but not strongly, so I suppose this is the type I am most similar to anyway.

However, when I am writing a logical paper or essay, my suppose you could see a bit of a resemblance to an NT.

Right now I am in charge of most of the organizational aspects of a household of people, most if not all of whom are Perceivers (including myself). However, since I am the one in charge of the organization, I sometimes find myself having to use functions and behave in a way that I normally associate with STJs (my opposite). It's...very interesting. I can do it, but it is clearly a learned ability and not an innate one.

Interesting topic!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While I am INTP at core, I can wear an NF face in social situations where I feel comfortable -- especially online, as I feel very confident in my writing ability and there is a buffer there between myself and the other people, so I don't have to emote physically. (Speaking, in real life, and having to emote tangibly is emotionally harder for me.)

Why do I do it? Because I enjoy expressing myself that way sometimes, and I think it helps other people feel comfortable, and it is a way I can project that I care about people.

Usually when I get tired, however, that's when I drop back to a flatter mood and can become blunt and drop the niceties. Then I am just looking for content resolution, not emotional cushion.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ESTP when I'm partying or playing sports
ENTP when I'm with other NTs

Bethy

MBTI Type
INFJ
As I wrote in my introductory thread, a former boss of mine assumed that I was an ISTJ because I was good at auditing files and because I had majored in German in college. Also, I have somewhat of a serious, cool demeanor, especially in the workplace.

Why was German evidence for him? He said that if I excelled in such a subject, I must be "detail oriented," and naturally good at remembering those details. Actually, it took me years to get the grammar right, and I still make mistakes sometimes, much to the amusement of my German friends.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An outsider might think I was..

ESXP at parties I'm enjoying
IXFP in a relationship
XSTP during sports
INTP at school
IXFP if someone's angry at me for no reason
ENTP if I'm discussing an interesting, abstract-ish topic
INTJ if I'm planning something
ENTJ if I'm arguing with someone on something I feel strongly about
ISTP if I'm just hanging out (most of the time)

Usehername

On a mission
ENFJ in larger social situations and leading things

INTx around close friends discussing things

IxTJ when I'm in Bitch Mode when I'm cranky. I try to hide this or hide myself.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I act like an ENTP when drunk. :cheers:

During emergency or crisis situations I often appear like an INTJ.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP pretty much all the way through...

when negotiating business deals, and in some job interviews

figure out what makes them tick and improvise/persuade and make a quick decision to get it over with, letting the chips fall where they may.
while studying, or when in "informative" or analyzing role in public
skim-read the stuff and then sit and think about it for a while, coming up in my mind with the same stuff (mostly) as in the textbook within half an hour, write about it in the assignment (or whatever) and charm myself past the inevitable questions as to sources etc.
when spending time with someone with good emotional world
Pretend to listen and empathise, say 'yes, yes' a lot and 'well it's all you can do isn't it?' and keep the cliche count up, and try not to die of boredom.
when I notice the need to be mentoring or therapeutic for someone
Ask odd questions and be impertinent from time to time, shake them up and get them thinking in ways they hadn't before so they realise the problem they thought they had wasn't a problem, but there's another one that's far more pressing and they have the solution.
when I'm on sentimental mood and watch some sad movie
Sick buckets at the ready, or just put on a costume and walk around talking in thee's and thou's all day.

in my impulsive mood with good friends

um... well that's just normal for me
when concentrating on bureaucratic paperwork
fill it all in on autopilot and send it off, knowing they'll send it back with relevant parts highlighted if I've missed anything. Or if there's a problem then they'll phone me, at which point I have them at a disadvantage and can pretty much walk away with the shirt off their back. Or alternatively, get someone else to do it

when doing my taxes, it requires damn much concentration

get someone else to do it; pay them if necessary.
when I try to output a good image in order to get social leverage
be myself, translated for the consumption of whatever audience I'm facing.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
We suppose to use the preset format? :huh:

I don't change much I don't think...

INFJ when in some job interviews (There are reasons why I'm not in business :blush:)
INFJ regularly
INXJ/INTP (Ni Ti) while studying, or when in "informative" or analyzing role in public

INFJ when spending time with someone with good emotional world
INFJ when I notice the need to be mentoring or therapeutic for someone
INFJ/P when I'm on sentimental mood and watch some sad movie

ENFP in my impulsive mood with good friends
irritated INFJ when concentrating on bureaucratic paperwork

even more irritated INFJ when doing my taxes, it requires damn much concentration
when I try to output a good image in order to get social leverage (uhhhh doesn't apply)

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
I have to wear many hats...

Because of my job, I have to frequently put on my ESTJ hat (which I can do, but I don't like to do). I have also had to put on that hat a lot because of being a single parent and taking care of my mentally ill mother. (it's very draining for me) :zzz:

Other than that, I am a classic INFP.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
We suppose to use the preset format?
You can list all the different types you resemble in different situations, not just those I listed first :)
I don't change much I don't think...

INFJ when in some job interviews (There are reasons why I'm not in business :blush:)
INFJ regularly
INXJ/INTP (Ni Ti) while studying, or when in "informative" or analyzing role in public

INFJ when spending time with someone with good emotional world
INFJ when I notice the need to be mentoring or therapeutic for someone
INFJ/P when I'm on sentimental mood and watch some sad movie

ENFP in my impulsive mood with good friends
irritated INFJ when concentrating on bureaucratic paperwork

even more irritated INFJ when doing my taxes, it requires damn much concentration
when I try to output a good image in order to get social leverage (uhhhh doesn't apply)
Good answers! Are there other types you look like sometimes? When does it happen?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENTP pretty much all the way through...
Nice way to be yourself in all the situations :) Thanks for answers. There is a lot of possiblities for different impressions and behaviours within an MBTI type (and theory).. Do you think that someone familiar with MBTI would mistype you in some of those situations, or should they understand that you are an ENTP, in essence?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nice way to be yourself in all the situations :) Thanks for answers. There is a lot of possiblities for different impressions and behaviours within an MBTI type (and theory).. Do you think that someone familiar with MBTI would mistype you in some of those situations, or should they understand that you are an ENTP, in essence?

I suppose sometimes I could be mistaken for ENFP, cos I do sometimes go into silly mode if I'm feeling particularly cheerful or pleased about something.

Do you mean you act like a sober ENTP when you're drunk, or like a drunk ENTP?

When I'm drunk, I'm not usually much different, except the whole motor function impairment thing. I'm still saying the same sorts of things and behaving in the same way, just stumbling, tripping over and slurring my speech more! Oh, though the one difference a friend here has just pointed out (in the room with me, reading over my shoulder!!) is that I become less likely to bite my tongue if I have something to say to someone or to couch it in diplomatic terms. I don't know how much of this is ENTP though and how much is just me...

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP

Same here, except when drunk I tend to alternate between ENTP (gregarious) and ISTP (thrill-seeking, such as in thinking that starting and participating in a "fight club" would be fun, before sobering up and remembering that short-term thrills are simply not worth probable long-term pain). Several people have commented that "this is the first time I'm met you while you're sober", as I'm not very sociable without alcohol in my system. In emergency or crisis situations, I have the motivation to act according to the percieved odds, without trying to manipulate the odds or come up with a better solution, but I'm never happy while doing so.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
My answers:

ENTJ when negotiating business deals, and in some job interviews
ENTP regularly
INTP while studying, or when in "informative" or analyzing role in public

ENFP when spending time with someone with good emotional world
INFP when I'm on sentimental mood and watch some sad movie (edit: moved from ISFP)

ISTP when concentrating on bureaucratic paperwork

ESTJ when I try to output a good image in order to get social leverage

You are an ENTJ through and through.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Me, ESTJ:

ESTJ when negotiating business deals, and in some job interviews
ESTJ regularly
ENTP while studying, or when in "informative" or analyzing role in public

ENFJ when spending time with someone with good emotional world
ISFP when I'm on sentimental mood and watch some sad movie (edit: moved from ISFP)

ISTJ when concentrating on bureaucratic paperwork

ISFP when I try to output a good image in order to get social leverage---especially on the internet when I want to seem more introverted than I really am [/QUOTE]