• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lassie

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Okay so I had a bad cold for a week and ended up watching day time TV!! Part of this nightmare was 'The Dog Whisperer'. I'm sure there are those amongst you who have seen this and know of it, for those who don't it's best represented by the 'star' Caesar's own words

"I'm here to rehabilitate dogs and retrain the owners."

Anyhow it was in one of these episodes where he was talking to the owners about how dogs do not have names. They don't recognise names, only energy and scent (okay he's one of those touchy feely types who's always on about "energy" but he does have a way with the dogs so I'll take his word for it).

Right so dogs have no names but have attitude (which I equate to this "energy") by which they know each other.

What about cats? (Oh and btw he did train one cat so nuts to those who think them untrainable!!)

I was also watching a pair of cats in the back garden later in that week. They did not look at each other before they struck. It was almost as if ignoring the other was their sign of being stronger which is in complete contrast to the dogs method of staring straight at the opponent and looking for signs of weakness.

This kind of concentration was brought about by watching how TDW would correct a dog whenever they became focused, before they'd actually made a move out of line.

He did the same with the cat even though it seemed to be not focusing as much.

Anyhow does this work with humans?
Do we focus before we strike or ignore to convince the other of strength? Is this indicative of our personality preferences?

I was thinking that perhaps the whole ignoring to display strength is perhaps introverted where as the staring is extroverted but I'm not sure due to the stress/ shadow cross over which could then lead to reversing the whole thing.

(Oh and for those who do not follow, think of this as a lesson in being random. I'm setting the bar :) )

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Observe.

Bark! Bark bark bark! G-n-n-n-r-r-r-g-g-g-h-h-h

I equate social withdrawal to weakness. Others plainly do not.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Okay so I had a bad cold for a week and ended up watching day time TV!! Part of this nightmare was 'The Dog Whisperer'. I'm sure there are those amongst you who have seen this and know of it, for those who don't it's best represented by the 'star' Caesar's own words

"I'm here to rehabilitate dogs and retrain the owners."

Anyhow it was in one of these episodes where he was talking to the owners about how dogs do not have names. They don't recognise names, only energy and scent (okay he's one of those touchy feely types who's always on about "energy" but he does have a way with the dogs so I'll take his word for it).

Right so dogs have no names but have attitude (which I equate to this "energy") by which they know each other.

What about cats? (Oh and btw he did train one cat so nuts to those who think them untrainable!!)

I was also watching a pair of cats in the back garden later in that week. They did not look at each other before they struck. It was almost as if ignoring the other was their sign of being stronger which is in complete contrast to the dogs method of staring straight at the opponent and looking for signs of weakness.

This kind of concentration was brought about by watching how TDW would correct a dog whenever they became focused, before they'd actually made a move out of line.

He did the same with the cat even though it seemed to be not focusing as much.

Do we focus before we strike or ignore to convince the other of strength? Is this indicative of our personality preferences?

I was thinking that perhaps the whole ignoring to display strength is perhaps introverted where as the staring is extroverted but I'm not sure due to the stress/ shadow cross over which could then lead to reversing the whole thing.

(Oh and for those who do not follow, think of this as a lesson in being random. I'm setting the bar :) )
The chocolate bar? Oh. You mean Cadbury. Whole nuts with whole milk is the best variety.

Take a hike. I mean, walk to the coffee shop, at random. Order some hot Cadbury with thick cream. Take a seat in front of the fire place.
It helps to get over the cold.

Dogs weary bark. Cats see in the dark.

ygolo

My termites win
Observe.

Bark! Bark bark bark! G-n-n-n-r-r-r-g-g-g-h-h-h

I equate social withdrawal to weakness. Others plainly do not.

Someone needs to put away the crack pipe ;)