• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Indigo Children

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I first encountered this idea of "Indigo" as an aura color in 1997/1998 when reading what is a personality theory book by Barbara Bowers, "What Color is your aura: Personality spectrums for understanding and growth". Being the _N_P that I am, I felt no need to belief in either auras or reincarnation in order to see value in what was being said. Please note that the author developed the content of this book based upon her observations while reading the auras of others, and yet, to me, almost none of the book required any "belief" in auras to be meaningful/useful. I think the Indigo section touched a bit on spiritual/psychic stuff, and I think the crystal section did more. But otherwise, I don't recall any of that psychic/spiritual/aura stuff in the descriptions of the other colors/personalities.

I scored very highly for Indigo, and quite highly for crystal, though at other [admittedly much rougher/assetive/physical] times in my life my second color was,as I recall, physical tan. As I recall from her first book, Pamela Oslie trained under Barbara Bowers.

To me, there nothing in Bower's book seemed to "New Agey" or "out there", but I also haven't read it in a while. IIRC, I thought the crystal description was more out there than the Indigo one. Then came Pamela Oslie's book, which to me had a "Indigo's are so psychically advanced" tone, which I did not care for at all. Then came Tober or whoever with that "Indigo children" book, which seemed to say things like "Indigo children don't feel a need to talk to adults because they are too busy telepathically communicating with other children!", at which point I totally had a WTF reaction!
I think Oslie's second book, or at least the second one that I know of, Love Colors, toned down the psychic/New Age greatness of Indigos to a point that I could tolerate and live with, it was her first book that bothered me. Please note that I liked both "What Color is Your Aura" and "Love Colors" enough that I bought them, and they are both in front of me write right now while I am typing this. The "Indigo Children" books that I have read offended me so much that I wanted to spit on them or something, and I don't spit on books!

FWIW, I have a lot of background in eastern philosophy, yoga, and martial arts. I know and have known many people that would describe themselves as "psychic." I personally think that many things exist within the realm of human potential, but "little special Johnny is going to save the world because of his special indigo telepathicness", it makes me wanna get a zen stick and smack people around for their self-deluded idiotness. Also, in one of the "Indigo children" books, there was an interview section, and some like 14 year old was saying things like "I feel so different from others, and appalled by our consumeristic society, and like an outcast AND I JUST KNOW THAT I AM ENLIGTENED, I CAN JUST *FEEL* IT" [bolding mine]. I "believe" in enlightenment, I believe that there are enlightened individuals in this world, but if you look at say Zen Buddhism, there are standard tests that they do to make sure such an experience is actually happening and correct, and not just wishful projection or taking something that isn't enlightenment and thinking that it is enlightenment. If this like 14 year old is so darn confident in their attainment, let some, say, Zen master have a take and them and confirm it. I'm pretty darn sure this like 14yr old is no such thing as enlightened, but if for some reason they are then let them take their place alongside the likes of Hakuin, Bodhidharma, the Buddha, Lao Tzu, HH the Dalai Lama, Kalu Rinpoche, Ramana Maharshi, Nissargadatta Maharaj, etc. IF said 14 yr old actually was enlightened, I think they'd be doing something else with their life other than, apparently, lying around and whining about how others don't understand or accept them.

Not that I have any strong feelings or reactions on this matter now or anything.... ;)

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, and let us not also forget that there are also Indigo Adults:
Indigo Adults: Understanding Who You Are and What You Can Become
Indigo Adults: Forerunners of the New Civilization

both by Kabir Jaffe and Ritama Davidson
They have a website too
I can not claim to have read more than just a bare smidgeon of their book, while parts of it are probably pretty "out there" in the eyes of others, I did not find anything in what I read to be offensive. Nor did I find any of it helpful for anything, but again I only perused a small smidgeon of it.

Also, ADULT INDIGOS

For me, I do what I do and other people can call it what they will. I'm an INFP, I meditate, I practise things like philosophical taoism, zen buddhism, and non-dual vedanta. I can "do" many things; to my knowledge all of them are well-known to meditative traditions such as buddhism, taoism, etc. I'm all for higher consciousness and the development of human potential, but I don't see anything especially "new" here, and I definitely don't think that going around thinking that "little special Johnny is going to save the world because of his special indigo telepathicness" is somehow a helpful or useful thing to think. Did people like Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Anandamayi Ma, and other saints and the like ever publicly claim they were benefitting the world due to their telepathicness, or at worst if so that their telepathicness was more impactful than the other things that they did???

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I scored crystal, I don't remember the second one, tan or green or something, I think and thirdly, indigo.

I took the test a while back. :)

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
*takes deep breath*

BUUUULLLLLSHIIIIIIIIT!!!

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Carlin pretty much covers it:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxmE2qMbYRU"]Kids Proud[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCAdb7JdygA"]Kids[/YOUTUBE]

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i know a seven year old girl who can tell you what day a certain date waaay into the future or the past will be or was

she barely knows her times tables...no way shes calculating anything

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I do know a child who is very precocious.
t's my neighbors'. She knows what shows are showing, we try to trick her into watching the news etc but it's as if she can read the titles when she's not even in kinder garden yet! She knows how to count.

I think she's amazing but I don't buy the indigo children hype.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
i know a seven year old girl who can tell you what day a certain date waaay into the future or the past will be or was

she barely knows her times tables...no way shes calculating anything

I would love to run some experiments on her. Why hasn't the government tried to steal her away yet à la Drew Barrymore in Fire Starter?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I would love to run some experiments on her. Why hasn't the government tried to steal her away yet à la Drew Barrymore in Fire Starter?

i would too, but no. being 7 with stuff hooked up to you? go to hell

the ability in itself is not isolated to her...there are more than a few incidences on record of the exact same hyper-intuitive goodness...theres a video a middle aged man doing that same thing on national geographic...let me see if i cant find it

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Top three were indigo, lavender, and green. On another one that I ran across on a Google search, I scored highest in lavender. A lot of the descriptions for each color seemed to overlap, though. I guess that's why they say it's an example of the Forer effect. As soon as one of the color result descriptions mentioned clairevoyance, claireaudience, and clairesentience, I stopped reading. Are these people for real?

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Top three were indigo, lavender, and green. On another one that I ran across on a Google search, I scored highest in lavender. A lot of the descriptions for each color seemed to overlap, though. I guess that's why they say it's an example of the Forer effect.
Green children?I have to see this, it'll be hilarious.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
^^would kinda give new meaning to "cabbage patch kids."

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Blue 11
Lavender 11
Indigo 11
Violet 9
Yellow 8
Abstract tan 8

Interesting test...

As for the 'Indigo'children..I dunno what to make of that. It's an interesting concept. According to the test in the other thread I score 94 percent on it, but I do not identify with several of the qualifiers. I've met people that do fit the description and they're quite fascinating.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I came across this test which associated indigo children with starlight children. Star Light children apparently have alien ancestory....It was quite amusing taking the self test. I was crying with laughter at the end, because you guessed I'm a alien. I wish I had the link! Anyway every time I think of indigo children, I think of that survey.
I'm a lavender, with abstract tan/indigo/crystal all equal after that -that makes me a murky purple...Purple's good, I like purple.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Geuss theres no better place then here for this.

[YOUTUBE="nDgT1DcIW9k"]Puscifer-Indigo Children[/YOUTUBE]