• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why am I always smoking in my daydreams?

wolfy

awsm
I've always wondered why I am always smoking in daydreams. Whenever I visualise myself doing something, making something, I'm always smoking. I've never been a smoker but have always visualised this way.
It doesn't bother me but I'm curious whether you have are any theories.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Perhaps it's the fact that so many of your heroes (at least musical ones) are smokers or were.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Maybe it seems glamorous in a grungy way and that's how you see yourself.

S

Sniffles

I would often imagine myself smoking a pipe. Then I finally got one. ;)

wolfy

awsm
I don't know, I have no conscious desire to smoke. I don't consciously think smoking is glamorous.

Maybe it's a subconscious connection between smoking and masculinity. Because my Dad smoked when I was a kid but I can't remember it. But then why would I only do it while daydreaming about making things.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Maybe it's a subconscious connection between smoking and masculinity. Because my Dad smoked when I was a kid but I can't remember it. But then why would I only do it while daydreaming about making things.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

But what is it the rest of the time? I'm not sure I want to know, but I think I do.

The idea of creating something like a tool of some kind, is also considered somewhat masculine in psychological terms.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i agree with juggernaut. if a lot of people you respect were smokers you might have positive associations with smoking. maybe subconsciously.

also, i don't know if you are very anti-establishment or anti-authority, but smoking often goes along with that. now that smoking is no longer in vogue it is a way to stick it to the man.

wolfy

awsm
i agree with juggernaut. if a lot of people you respect were smokers you might have positive associations with smoking. maybe subconsciously.

also, i don't know if you are very anti-establishment or anti-authority, but smoking often goes along with that. now that smoking is no longer in vogue it is a way to stick it to the man.

Yeah, I think you and juggernaut are on the right track.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
it could be a sensing thing too. i guess you have never smoked, but smoking is a very powerful sensory experience. especially for someone who relies on their sensing a lot (i am this way).

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Basically, it looks badass.

That's the only reason anyone would ever start.

wolfy

awsm
There are other good reasons, it gives you something to do with your hands while talking to someone, it's a great reason to step outside.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe you are sleep-smoking. So not only picturing it but also doing it in the sleep :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Or film your alterego Dr.Hyde @nite, where he hides his stash :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp