• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't solve either one :alttongue:

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
No idea what my IQ is. I'm not gonna think one of those "certified" online tests will give me a real score, and I'm not gonna go out of my way to find out. I don't see anything good that could result from knowing yours or anyone else's IQ anyways.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
I always wanted to get an official IQ test. I tried those online ones but I have I have a hard time believing that 30 or so questions can determine your intelligence...

My IQ from the online tests seem to range from 114 - 140. A strangely wide gap. :shock:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always wanted to get an official IQ test. I tried those online ones but I have I have a hard time believing that 30 or so questions can determine your intelligence...

My IQ from the online tests seem to range from 114 - 140. A strangely wide gap. :shock:

That is not strangely wide. My gap is about 85-155. Those tests don't have a clue.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Online IQ tests suck. Massively.

...but they are so much fun :D

They just don't measure the same stuff the psychologist's test measure.

ygolo

My termites win
I think my real IQ is around 135. But they never revealed what it was as a kid. I was in the "gifted" program, and 135 is "gifted." Also, I think I'm at the age when IQ starts to decline.

Online tests are ridiculously skewed. One of them told me I had a 160+ IQ.

I suck at the tests that require computational speed, I maybe slow, but that doesn't make me stupid. Well, I score about 135 on the speed tests, so maybe there is something to them.

I can be interested in typology and still have absolutely no clue how to solve a Rubix Cube :cool:

It's reasonably straightforward once you know a little group theory. Getting fast at it, however, requires a lot of practice. Especially getting that last couple of cubes, which usually requires a lot of turns.

EDIT: Oh. Wait this is an old thread. So much for IQ.

Oh. I've recently done research on scientific output, and the determining factor is knowledge base, not IQ.

Also, highly developed skills in memory, scrabble, chess, music, and almost anything is determined by hours of deliberate practice. The initial IQ advantage goes away pretty quickly. Of course, most people don't bother with deliberate practice, so you'll see IQ correlate well with success at the average levels. Top performers are a different breed.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I.Q measures certain things in people but the person with highest I.Q isn't necessarily the smartest one in real life. ;)

I don't know (or necessarily even want to know) if I.Q and MBTI type correlate in any way even if I think most people reply to this thread saying NT... ?

Does it matter anyway?

deleted
Although if you build a machine to take IQ tests and it achieves the highest IQ, you are actually the dumbest person in real life.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I honestly think that the smartest/most intelligent type is ENTP.

hommefatal

I honestly think that the smartest/most intelligent type is ENTP.
If you mean combining intellectual and social skills you may be right.
I am an ANFP and I am pretty good at everything asked in IQ tests except for pattern groups or however you may call it. That's the thing most people are best at, so I fall down.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's an interesting question: which type has (on average) the highest IQ.

I have no idea what the answer is, but I'm certain there must be data for this. I would suppose that it would be one of the NT types, because we're the guys that write them.

NB. the debate is not what does IQ measure, are you smart if you have a high IQ etc etc

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
If you mean combining intellectual and social skills you may be right.
I am an ANFP and I am pretty good at everything asked in IQ tests except for pattern groups or however you may call it. That's the thing most people are best at, so I fall down.

What is an ANFP?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Also, highly developed skills in memory, scrabble, chess, music, and almost anything is determined by hours of deliberate practice. The initial IQ advantage goes away pretty quickly. Of course, most people don't bother with deliberate practice, so you'll see IQ correlate well with success at the average levels. Top performers are a different breed.

That's true, but that's also true that even between two well-trained people the one with higher talent will always trump the one with lower talent.