• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

W

WALMART

People with high IQ's are obvi more important than even middle of the road test scorers.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People with high IQ's are obvi more important than even middle of the road test scorers.

William J. Sidis, with the world's highest estimated IQ (depending on who you ask), amounted to nothing in his life. His only claim to fame was his IQ, and most people don't know who he is.

W

WALMART

William J. Sidis, with the world's highest estimated IQ (depending on who you ask), amounted to nothing in his life. His only claim to fame was his IQ, and most people don't know who he is.

I do not place objective criteria on one's quality of life.

Edit: Other than IQ scores.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Yup. Those who have made great advances for the human race in technology, knowledge and philosophical understandings etc..likely had high IQ's, but not all who have IQ's will make such contributions.

A turd is a turd wherever you place it, but if you cultivate it as part of a fertilisation process at the right part of the garden...it can cause all manner of things to grow.

Last edited:

Nicki

Retired
IQ tests are created by N types for N types so isn't there an inherent bias?

I

Infinite Bubble

I always thought that since it's just a test that you can practice getting better at, it's more to do with how good you are at IQ tests. A person with average intelligence could just get very good at the pattern recognition questions presented and get a high IQ. It doesn't test creativity- a key quality of high intelligence, and neither does it test EQ (but of course it's not meant to). I'm sure the people who care just have no other good qualities that they feel they can associate with themselves to fall back on, so they emphasize its importance. I don't think it tests someones general intelligence, but one type of cognitive ability.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always thought that since it's just a test that you can practice getting better at, it's more to do with how good you are at IQ tests. A person with average intelligence could just get very good at the pattern recognition questions presented and get a high IQ. It doesn't test creativity- a key quality of high intelligence, and neither does it test EQ (but of course it's not meant to). I'm sure the people who care just have no other good qualities that they feel they can associate with themselves to fall back on, so they emphasize its importance. I don't think it tests someones general intelligence, but one type of cognitive ability.

The founder of mensa, Lancelot Ware, just wanted to meet girls he didn't have to speak down to intellectually.

The founder of the IQ test itself, Alfred Binet, used it to identify students who had learning difficulties.

If it was only made to test one type of cognitive ability, then why complain that it only tests for one type of cognitive ability?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ever wondered what the IQ of God would be ? I mean if it was very high, the Feelers could be pissed cause he may be a ruthless insensitive rational guy or girl. And if it was pretty low the Thinkers could loose respect, cause he may be a fluffy unicorn....

This a tough question ! I doubt that he is both high on F and T, cause that would only be Allah and Allah is allmighty :)

Standuble

Ever wondered what the IQ of God would be ? I mean if it was very high, the Feelers could be pissed cause he may be a ruthless insensitive rational guy or girl. And if it was pretty low the Thinkers could loose respect, cause he may be a fluffy unicorn....

This a tough question ! I doubt that he is both high on F and T, cause that would only be Allah and Allah is allmighty :)

If God created man in his own image then surely he would need to possess both strong T and F for if not one or the other would not only not be in God's image but would possess some skill or ability God doesn't. An imperfect being possessing something a perfect being does not (well except imperfection but religion likes to ignore that potential mindfuck) is a bold claim, especially when said perfect being is omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent yet has logic worse than mine...who demands the worship from beings where by his proclaimed nature he knows they are just doing it for ulterior motives and their own personal gratification. I was going to write more but my primitive logic warned me that I am perilously close to making an error of reasoning which I would not consciously realise I had made (if I had not already made it.)

As for Allah, fuck Allah. What mbti is the Moon anyway?

As for MBTI and IQ I would say there isn't one. IQ tests measure only a) pattern recognition b) sequential thinking and c)logical problem solving abilities and d) the background knowledge to actually determine primarily b) and c). You could be the best of the best and achieve low IQ marks because you live in a cave and have never had any way of finding out which numbers come after 20. Plus context is key in many question and most of these contexts in the questions seem to be derived from background knowledge. It needs a huge overhaul.

I would like to see an IQ test Se-dom style. The best break dancer/beer drinker/serial shagger/drug overdoser has the highest IQ.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If God created man in his own image then surely he would need to possess both strong T and F for if not one or the other would not only not be in God's image but would possess some skill or ability God doesn't. An imperfect being possessing something a perfect being does not (well except imperfection but religion likes to ignore that potential mindfuck) is a bold claim, especially when said perfect being is omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent yet has logic worse than mine...who demands the worship from beings where by his proclaimed nature he knows they are just doing it for ulterior motives and their own personal gratification. I was going to write more but my primitive logic warned me that I am perilously close to making an error of reasoning which I would not consciously realise I had made (if I had not already made it.)

As for Allah, fuck Allah. What mbti is the Moon anyway?

As for MBTI and IQ I would say there isn't one. IQ tests measure only a) pattern recognition b) sequential thinking and c)logical problem solving abilities and d) the background knowledge to actually determine primarily b) and c). You could be the best of the best and achieve low IQ marks because you live in a cave and have never had any way of finding out which numbers come after 20. Plus context is key in many question and most of these contexts in the questions seem to be derived from background knowledge. It needs a huge overhaul.

I would like to see an IQ test Se-dom style. The best break dancer/beer drinker/serial shagger/drug overdoser has the highest IQ.

See it another way: God exists and the devil exists; but the devil hasnt much in common with God. So when God created the universe he created the devil as well. So maybe it's the "dynamic of the cosmos" to bring evil to where is good to balance stuff out or whatever. So maybe God created mankind as sole T-beings and the "dynamic of the cosmos" fabricated F-beings as well.

Which would mean: F-types are the devil :D

Regarding Allah: Factually I am a Muslim, so I like him. When I was 12 I had a very good friend from Turkey with whom I made the confession of faith to the Islam religion. So factually, I'll be going into the version of heaven with that billion of naked virgins :D

Standuble

See it another way: God exists and the devil exists; but the devil hasnt much in common with God. So when God created the universe he created the devil as well. So maybe it's the "dynamic of the cosmos" to bring evil to where is good to balance stuff out or whatever. So maybe God created mankind as sole T-beings and the "dynamic of the cosmos" fabricated F-beings as well.

Which would mean: F-types are the devil :D

Regarding Allah: Factually I am a Muslim, so I like him. When I was 12 I had a very good friend from Turkey with whom I made the confession of faith to the Islam religion. So factually, I'll be going into the version of heaven with that billion of naked virgins :D

You're a Muslim? I think I'm a bigot because I have just lost a lot of respect for you. Islam is a mess as is the Quran. I read the Quran and concluded it to be a confused clusterfuck which hates on non-Muslims far too much. The only systems IMO which were any good were ijtihad and the school of Mu'tazilla and the latter relied on non-Muslim schools of thought. But alas Islam lobotimised itself and then blamed non-Muslims as the reason for them living in squalor.

Your theory does have weight I suppose. I can imagine that God is actually an ENTP as he is quite clearly the greatest troll imaginable.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your theory does have weight I suppose. I can imagine that God is actually an ENTP as he is quite clearly the greatest troll imaginable.

Yeah? I don't know why, but I've always imagined my gods as ESFJs. No wonder I always viewed them as terribly meddlesome, invasive and determined to control my personal feelings, social allegiances and daily mental states (resisting temptations).

Hmm...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are we talking about the personalized concept of "God" created by humans? Or "God" as a concept?

For the former, it depends on the religious tradition. For the latter, there is no type as such because you cannot type a concept.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I imagine that most religious beliefs in Europe and the U.S believe in a personal God and that God frequently resembles their father or the sternest authority figure they encountered. So, the type of each person's conception of God generally depends on the personality type of the authority figures who exerted the most indelible influence upon them.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You're a Muslim? I think I'm a bigot because I have just lost a lot of respect for you. Islam is a mess as is the Quran. I read the Quran and concluded it to be a confused clusterfuck which hates on non-Muslims far too much. The only systems IMO which were any good were ijtihad and the school of Mu'tazilla and the latter relied on non-Muslim schools of thought. But alas Islam lobotimised itself and then blamed non-Muslims as the reason for them living in squalor.

Hehe, I see you put way more thought in this. No I actually left the church to cut short on tax expenses; I usually tend to leave rooms when religious people enter. :)
But nonetheless its their belief and I respect that, its like being a fan of a football team. But since I neither like football or soccer, I dont need religion in my life.

Yeah? I don't know why, but I've always imagined my gods as ESFJs. No wonder I always viewed them as terribly meddlesome, invasive and determined to control my personal feelings, social allegiances and daily mental states (resisting temptations).

Hmm...

That would be the problem with God, he could be everybody for anyone. Thats why I believe in the holiness of pi (categorically excluding the concept of parallel dimensions) :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
God be all like "Yo, do this. Don't do that. I AM THE LORD."
if_jesus_was_a_bro_11.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
God be all like "Yo, do this. Don't do that. I AM THE LORD."
To some people, that is exactly what God is. God is different things to different people, just as we humans are, only infinitely moreso.