• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Intelligence doesn't mean jack shit if you don't do anything with it. IQ is unimportant.

Type has nothing to do with it.

You can be an S with average intelligence, make more money, feel better about yourself, and change more lives for the better, if you have a good idea and make it work.

I would much rather be the S, than a T with a 300 IQ who never leaves his basement, and only discusses ideas with the four people on the internet he deems intelligent enough to be peers.

Implementing what you've learned, is better than having a high IQ, and keeping everything to yourself.

Let the Church Say:

Bro_C_by_church_lgt.jpg

AMEN

KDude

I can think intuitively and enjoy the company of INPs, for example, but I don't call myself an N precisely because of IQ. If that's what statistics show, so be it. I'm not an N then. I'm not abysmal, but I'm hardly Mensa level either. And I'm cool with that. It's seems to be one of these areas where I don't care to compete.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I KNOW I'm smart... I went to college on a full scholarship and have always scored more than adequatly on IQ tests (and not the silly online ones!). I just happen to enjoy channeling my intelligence into the presence and into practical applications most of the time instead of dreaming of things that AREN'T particularly useful or beneficial to me. The weird idea that people have that smart= interested in philosophical bullshit is just plain prejudiced and I've been annoyed by it here for the past 3 years :thumbdown:

Jaguar

I KNOW I'm smart... I went to college on a full scholarship and have always scored more than adequatly on IQ tests (and not the silly online ones!). I just happen to enjoy channeling my intelligence into the presence and into practical applications most of the time instead of dreaming of things that AREN'T particularly useful or beneficial to me. The weird idea that people have that smart= interested in philosophical bullshit is just plain prejudiced and I've been annoyed by it here for the past 3 years :thumbdown:

Are you referring to the 'talented' N's who lose their keys, or the N's who can't tie their own shoes?
Just checking. . .

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you referring to the 'talented' N's who lose their keys, or the N's who can't tie their own shoes?
Just checking. . .

dammit... I was referring to the Ns who get lost in their own living rooms there! :steam:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Hee hee. We can sell them maps to their own houses, complete with a "you are here" arrow. For an extra fee, we could offer them a guided tour of their houses or their living rooms, depending on their need for remedial assistance.
Our assistance could save a life. The Ns will find their way out of their living rooms before turning into skeletons!!! :D

dammit... I was referring to the Ns who get lost in their own living rooms there! :steam:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Any type can be intelligent in it's own way, as there are a lot of types of intelligence. One can do what the other one isn't good at, and the other way around.

I recently read a story about a guy who was extremely intelligent (more like a mathematical intelligence), when he god a B+ (he only got As), he went rampage and killed his teacher.

Now the obvious questions was, if he was so fucking smart, why did he kill the teacher, ending up in prison?

Even though he was extremely smart, he was good only at ONE specific thing: math and physics.

Kind of like a savant syndrome

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Any type can be intelligent in it's own way, as there are a lot of types of intelligence. One can do what the other one isn't good at, and the other way around.

I recently read a story about a guy who was extremely intelligent (more like a mathematical intelligence), when he god a B+ (he only got As), he went rampage and killed his teacher.

Now the obvious questions was, if he was so fucking smart, why did he kill the teacher, ending up in prison?

Even though he was extremely smart, he was good only at ONE specific thing: math and physics.

Kind of like a savant syndrome

Maybe his teacher wasn't smart enough

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what do you have to feel guilty about? :huh:

(except for those of you who are total supremacists... then that's not cool :nono:)

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
yeah, this is a tree house. No sensors allowed!

(even though they probably built it)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and we can break in and shove you out if you protest too... don't forget it :devil:

KDude

(even though they probably built it)

It depends. ENTx's tend to make deadly treehouses, with traps, and little boards with nails sticking out, hidden beneath some leaves. My friend stepped on one of those once. :dry:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
That certainly depends on your goals in life.

Well, yes. If your goal is to milk the government for every penny you can instead of working, anyone can do that. Some more successfully than others.

If you intend to make some sort of impact on other people, you actually have to do something.

Seriously though. Elaborate.

Are you saying, for example, someone with an average IQ is unable to understand Particle physics, or Chemical engineering, and therefore should not waste their time trying?

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
yeah, I'm voting for a sensor in 2012. I don't want a pompous intuitive in the white house oh wait

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
GuessWho is correct. Just because someone understands abstract maths doesn't mean they have social intelligence, common sense, or even sanity.

Besides, since we're talking about pompous intuitives in the White House...let's talk about how that doesn't make a damn bit of difference. I would have rather had Hillary than Obama, and she's ISTJ. However, I'd prefer ENFJ Obama over Dubya (ESTP) or Sara Palin (ESFJ?). Type has nothing to do with intelligence or political preferences, though we might notice trends in *type* of intelligence.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what do you have to feel guilty about? :huh:

(except for those of you who are total supremacists... then that's not cool :nono:)

Do you mean our old friend Lexxy sexy.