• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverted ENTPs

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I know this isnt the radical scientific breakthrough expected but; there was often the discussion about ENTP coming off as very socially introvert. Plus the fact that people then confused the mbti meant introversion, with the socially one and didnt know whether they better fit as intps or entps or your Lord Jesus.

I was wondering, besides the fact that most entp are prolly socially introvert because they dont want to look insane: Couldnt it be that they are too, because their thinking or namely one of the only two rational functions they have is weaker and put on place two ?

This has the graver implication that every person sharing this fate is prolly more prone to be socially introverted. In the way like you need to gather your power alone with your introverted thinking, or your extroverted thinking gets exhausted at some point in public.

This may come off as stating the obvious I know. But its an integral sensitive part to a persons personality, I think gets forgotten in the whole personality haste sometimes.

Just my feeling, how is your beer ?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'd say Tertiary Fe is the key for social success... At least for ENTPs.

(Just stating the obvious)

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ya but thats even weaker

It usually makes the difference, because it means balance.

A high-Ne ENTP may be very difficult to approach and understand, despite the fact it's an extroverted function. Hence, Ne is not enough, never enough...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
hmhm...

I am really not into the whole thing and I have got immense problems to put my thoughts in words.

I was just wondering, lately I retreated from social life completly and this has been going on for like 4-5 years now. It was the best that ever happened to me, I have grown to become a very happy and relaxed person.

But lately, forced by my job, I have to react to peoples inquiries more often now. And tho I am very quick to respond in the first place, they make it happen after two or three sentences, to see that I am not much of a sparring partner.

Thats the point I get exhausted and need to retreat, gather energy again, its like this whole Ti function barely is alive or lies dormant or is only useable when in private.

I was better when I was young, then I felt witty enough to spring at all accusations, dismantling every arguement into unrecognizeable shit.

But nowadays. I am feeling like I am loosing my mind.

Therefore I was thinking, maybe thats a thing some rational function users, who have the function at place 2, can share. Being prone to get lost in another world or to need prolonged time to process information

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
my guess that even the functions strive for a natural balance. introvertedness becomes more extroverted over time, and vice versa.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Entropie, I like to see a thread like this. It helps me better understand myself. I always thought that the ENTP profile fit me more, especially which functions are used. But I also feel like I'm in the situation that you're describing.

I've always been socially introverted until I get to know an acceptance level of who I'm talking to. And I have noticed that people seem to like me better socially when I use Fe but it's really hard for me because I loathe revealing my emotions, at least any emotions other than sarcastic cockyness.

I'm always afraid that people wont see me as a good person anymore if I just speak my mind. I have to heavily filter what I say to people. It's about the equivalent of straining through cheesecloth.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Costrin wrote something somewhere about Ne tending to lump things and sometimes it will disregard the whole lump just to move on to a new tangent or allow a new tangent to materialize along with its little tangents all at once, which creates a whole new lump. These lumps can be back to back and even be considered yet a bigger lump as they fit into the overall idea trying to be articulated to another or to ones self. i'll sometimes want to start articulating things and start off with a sentance and be cutoff without the addons and just let things go with the hope the listeners take it down the right path. That's only as of late as well. i used to slice and dice stuff pretty good too. Best way i can describe it is-let'em figure it out for themselves. Although i have a very strong desire to want to help them out as they go. You know...as new shit comes to light.

I think we are just finally accepting the whole concept of (going through the motions). Introverted Sensing

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm definitely becoming more introverted with age.

marmandahalf

My theory has always been that I have introverted tendencies because society is vaguely to highly uneasy with ENTPs, especially female ones. So we've been conditioned to avoid certain social situations because we'd have to suppress ourselves to fit in. Why bother doing that when one could read a book instead?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
My theory has always been that I have introverted tendencies because society is vaguely to highly uneasy with ENTPs, especially female ones. So we've been conditioned to avoid certain social situations because we'd have to suppress ourselves to fit in. Why bother doing that when one could read a book instead?

+1. Yeah, I basically give up.

EDIT: But also, I tend to think more now before I speak and am less wont to just talk talk talk.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
both of the entps i know can seem quiet, propbably because the type is naturally contemplative. enfps seems to also be like this but due to their Feeling function they have a greater need to connect with others and express themsevles which makes them less reserved. i had wondered if Ne makes quiet extraverted children.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP

This sounds very familiar!

Even when I'm hanging out with my friends, if I fully "let loose" I almost ALWAYS get weird stares or questioned.

It happens even when it comes down to the smallest things. For example, I'll say how a certain thing that just happened reminds me of some other random thing, and I'll get interrogated on how it relates and why I thought that. Then my reason is broken down into little bits to show me why it makes no sense.

Whenever I meet new people, I know that what I naturally want to say will be looked down upon and I'll be viewed as "wierd", so I put on an act that is basically a dumb-down version of myself, and drop it once I know someone relatively well.

I also have a hard time holding a long-term conversation with someone comfortably unless I know them extremely well.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ne is less about people more about random ideas, projects and invention. I was considered extroverted as a child but not now, like others have said, ENTPness is more socially accepted when suppressed, so meh, give up, shut up.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
*Maybe when ENTPs get older they try to form their articulation in a fasion to better fit others comfort zones.*

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
This sounds very familiar!

Even when I'm hanging out with my friends, if I fully "let loose" I almost ALWAYS get weird stares or questioned.

It happens even when it comes down to the smallest things. For example, I'll say how a certain thing that just happened reminds me of some other random thing, and I'll get interrogated on how it relates and why I thought that. Then my reason is broken down into little bits to show me why it makes no sense.

Whenever I meet new people, I know that what I naturally want to say will be looked down upon and I'll be viewed as "wierd", so I put on an act that is basically a dumb-down version of myself, and drop it once I know someone relatively well.

I also have a hard time holding a long-term conversation with someone comfortably unless I know them extremely well.

get an intp friend.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
get an intp friend.

I've got one and he understands me, which is interesting. I don't have to filter anything with him because he's just as funky as me.

On the other hand I have the tendency to want to do the filtering for both of us in social situations. He tends to not filter himself at all and I feel like things he says can reflect poorly on me. Therefore, me being the weirdo will say things to divert attention away from the subject at hand.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Here's how it works for me.

With people like strangers I will never see again I am comfortable. I play a role. I play the 2D version of myself. Synarch-lite. All smiles and game questions about YOU. What do YOU do? Tell me about YOU.

When trying to make friends with new people, when trying to connect, I can become suddenly uncomfortable and quiet because I am so guarded. Because I have a hard time letting people see into my interior. Intimacy is hard to achieve for me and takes a lot of time and patience on the part of the other person because I am so timid when it comes to intimacy. Conversely, this is also why I tend to fall for people who can see through me and into me and provide what I really need naturally. I've noticed that most of the important people in my life are very patient and accepting of me, despite my flaws and unruliness.

marmandahalf

On the other hand I have the tendency to want to do the filtering for both of us in social situations. He tends to not filter himself at all and I feel like things he says can reflect poorly on me. Therefore, me being the weirdo will say things to divert attention away from the subject at hand.

:yes: I have an INTP brother. I totally did this growing up. He would be unable to read the situation and would be *gasp* TOO weird, so I'd have to cover his tracks.

Then one day I realized that he means way more to me than whoever I was trying to seem "normal" to. So I stopped. Mostly.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
I've got one and he understands me, which is interesting. I don't have to filter anything with him because he's just as funky as me.

:yes: I have an INTP brother. I totally did this growing up. He would be unable to read the situation and would be *gasp* TOO weird, so I'd have to cover his tracks.

Then one day I realized that he means way more to me than whoever I was trying to seem "normal" to. So I stopped. Mostly.

ha, thats funny. i was intitially going to add onto my comment, "you'll look normal by comparison".
its good for both to be finally able to stretch and use their Ne wings. liberating and fun.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I was wondering, besides the fact that most entp are prolly socially introvert because they dont want to look insane: Couldnt it be that they are too, because their thinking or namely one of the only two rational functions they have is weaker and put on place two ?
I doubt it. In regard to the function order, the same can be said for ESFPs and ESTPs and they’re the most blatantly stereotypical of the Extroverts. Both of them possess dominant Perceiving functions yet they’re very clearly in the Extravert box (Captain Kirk would be your stereotypical ESTP). Everything I’ve seen leads me to believe that Intuitive Extraverts, especially ENTxs are just very unsociable for Extraverts. This is largely because of the amounts of Intuitives and thus the amount of Intuitively geared conversations they’ll run into are just very rare in comparison to the amount of Sensor geared conversations that Sensing Extraverts will run into. The majority of people are interested in small talk and that stuff doesn’t interest ENTxs. This is compounded even more by the fact that unlike ENFxs, Extraverted Rationals don’t have an inherent interest in people and their values.