User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default Introverted ENTPs

I know this isnt the radical scientific breakthrough expected but; there was often the discussion about ENTP coming off as very socially introvert. Plus the fact that people then confused the mbti meant introversion, with the socially one and didnt know whether they better fit as intps or entps or your Lord Jesus.

I was wondering, besides the fact that most entp are prolly socially introvert because they dont want to look insane: Couldnt it be that they are too, because their thinking or namely one of the only two rational functions they have is weaker and put on place two ?

This has the graver implication that every person sharing this fate is prolly more prone to be socially introverted. In the way like you need to gather your power alone with your introverted thinking, or your extroverted thinking gets exhausted at some point in public.

This may come off as stating the obvious I know. But its an integral sensitive part to a persons personality, I think gets forgotten in the whole personality haste sometimes.

Just my feeling, how is your beer ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'd say Tertiary Fe is the key for social success... At least for ENTPs.

(Just stating the obvious)
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    ya but thats even weaker
    It usually makes the difference, because it means balance.

A high-Ne ENTP may be very difficult to approach and understand, despite the fact it's an extroverted function. Hence, Ne is not enough, never enough...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

hmhm...

I am really not into the whole thing and I have got immense problems to put my thoughts in words.

I was just wondering, lately I retreated from social life completly and this has been going on for like 4-5 years now. It was the best that ever happened to me, I have grown to become a very happy and relaxed person.

But lately, forced by my job, I have to react to peoples inquiries more often now. And tho I am very quick to respond in the first place, they make it happen after two or three sentences, to see that I am not much of a sparring partner.

Thats the point I get exhausted and need to retreat, gather energy again, its like this whole Ti function barely is alive or lies dormant or is only useable when in private.

I was better when I was young, then I felt witty enough to spring at all accusations, dismantling every arguement into unrecognizeable shit.

But nowadays. I am feeling like I am loosing my mind.

Therefore I was thinking, maybe thats a thing some rational function users, who have the function at place 2, can share. Being prone to get lost in another world or to need prolonged time to process information
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

my guess that even the functions strive for a natural balance. introvertedness becomes more extroverted over time, and vice versa.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Entropie, I like to see a thread like this. It helps me better understand myself. I always thought that the ENTP profile fit me more, especially which functions are used. But I also feel like I'm in the situation that you're describing.

I've always been socially introverted until I get to know an acceptance level of who I'm talking to. And I have noticed that people seem to like me better socially when I use Fe but it's really hard for me because I loathe revealing my emotions, at least any emotions other than sarcastic cockyness.

I'm always afraid that people wont see me as a good person anymore if I just speak my mind. I have to heavily filter what I say to people. It's about the equivalent of straining through cheesecloth.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Costrin wrote something somewhere about Ne tending to lump things and sometimes it will disregard the whole lump just to move on to a new tangent or allow a new tangent to materialize along with its little tangents all at once, which creates a whole new lump. These lumps can be back to back and even be considered yet a bigger lump as they fit into the overall idea trying to be articulated to another or to ones self. i'll sometimes want to start articulating things and start off with a sentance and be cutoff without the addons and just let things go with the hope the listeners take it down the right path. That's only as of late as well. i used to slice and dice stuff pretty good too. Best way i can describe it is-let'em figure it out for themselves. Although i have a very strong desire to want to help them out as they go. You know...as new shit comes to light.

I think we are just finally accepting the whole concept of (going through the motions). Introverted Sensing
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I'm definitely becoming more introverted with age.

My theory has always been that I have introverted tendencies because society is vaguely to highly uneasy with ENTPs, especially female ones. So we've been conditioned to avoid certain social situations because we'd have to suppress ourselves to fit in. Why bother doing that when one could read a book instead?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    My theory has always been that I have introverted tendencies because society is vaguely to highly uneasy with ENTPs, especially female ones. So we've been conditioned to avoid certain social situations because we'd have to suppress ourselves to fit in. Why bother doing that when one could read a book instead?
    +1. Yeah, I basically give up.

EDIT: But also, I tend to think more now before I speak and am less wont to just talk talk talk.