• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How often do you feel that life is passing next to you?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am curious how much you can relate to this and how often you are afraid that this could be true for you? In the case that you have this kinds of fears what are you doing about/with them?

Example:

1.Person: OMG it is already 13.5.2009

2.Person: So ?

1.Person: SO?! Life is passing next to me and I am not living it!

I am asking since it looks to me that a number of people have this fear.
Even when life is not passing next to them.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do feel this way all the time.
And life does go by too fast.
I think that I expect too much of myself in one day, sometimes. I plan myself full but then don't plan for unexpected events like chit-chatting online, napping, a friend calling, taking a shower. So the day gets filled up with all of these little diversions and I never get the giant bulk done as expected. And the day is over.
And life passes by this way.

I guess I wouldn't call it a "fear."
Its more of a mild annoyance. Getting busy and having time fly by without always getting everything in that I really want. That is an annoyance for me.

I don't say annoying things like. "what? its already may 18th?"
Cause there's nothing I can do about what day it is :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've never really gotten it, honestly.

I don't feel a lot of pressure to live life to the fullest, to sample everything it has to offer. Which is why I don't mind when it passes by. Any more than a person who doesn't want Ice Cream cares when the Ice Cream truck goes by. I just want friendship and freedom to study, along with a bit of comfort perhaps. It's funny, though... the people who want everything seem to get what I want with no trouble, but quickly use it up to get something they see as more important.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
i wouldn't want to go back in time for nothin. However, this morning i noticed there was a bit of 'autopilot' to the way i sprinted up a hill. As if the mind was still prepared but the body didn't respond in it's usual advancing manner. So i may be back here to this thread in a month or two if things flow in there stadard nature. i think it's just a fluke though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes...i often feel like i'm on a merry go round trying to determine the best time to jump off.

__Merry_Go_Round___by_Vishuddha.jpg

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
every single day of my life.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

Ditto. Especially when the date and time are brought to my attention. Reaction, "oh my goodness, we are in May already, gosh I had hoped to travel to MORE places by now and write MORE by now and thought of MORE things that I should have done by now" :smile:

Also, when I come across someone I like and really admire what they are doing, I add that to my list of things and immediately wonder when I will have time to do that thing too and whether I will have enough time to do all that I desire and the upper loop starts again...

There's also always this nagging feeling about this alternate universe where I am matched with the perfect job for me or perhaps, more realistically, perfects jobs (serial occupationist would likely be perfect). I just keep feeling like I haven't found my path to this alternate universe yet.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is very interesting since person 1 in the exmple is very very likely a Ne-dom.

I was thinking about directing question to them but I have concluded that asking everybody will be more productive on the long run.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp

Yep, me too.

When I get on that train of thought it always ends up with anger that I just don't have enough time in my life to squeeze everything in because it's moving by too quickly.

I still can't believe I'm almost half way through 2009, I really intended to do more. :doh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is very interesting since person 1 in the exmple is very very likely a Ne-dom.

I was thinking about directing question to them but I have concluded that asking everybody will be more productive on the long run.

it is extremely common for me to have no clue what day it is. i've been off by more than a week quite often. :blush:

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
it is extremely common for me to have no clue what day it is. i've been off by more than a week quite often. :blush:

ONLY when I drink a bunch the night before. Those first few moments of confusion are hilarious.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I couldn't have said it better...

Until I had kids I hardly ever, if ever once, stopped to smell the roses, I just kept going...like an idiot.

Whenever I get this urge, I qualm it by chilling out for a few days and enjoying all that is good in my here and now. It really helps. Actions resolve my anxieties, probably very typical for an extroverted sensor. :doh:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
It happens when I'm at the reading room studying.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I don't really feel like this. If I do, it's usually when I'm having fun.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it just occurred to me...that i actually have no idea what day it is right now! haha...i think it's the middle of may...but couldn't tell you the exact day.

should i be concerned for myself?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it just occurred to me...that i actually have no idea what day it is right now! haha...i think it's the middle of may...but couldn't tell you the exact day.

Lol, no- I think this is an Ne trait.

My roommate ENXP convinced me that it was Taco Tuesday at our nearest Mexican restaurant yesterday. (I followed too!! :doh: )

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha!!! yes i've done that...or not that but something like that...and it's so disappointing..like if it's actually a day they're closed and you're all excited about it. : /

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

I'm exactly the same.

That's why deadlines always creep in on me...