• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Handwriting Thread: Introverted, or Extroverted?

My handwriting...

• Total voters

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i can't analyze my own. i don't trust me not to kiss my own ass.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
some free writing... what does it supposedly mean if it isnt straight on the right side?

97032695.jpg

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It looks very right slant to me grayscale...

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
A person's age and nationality have as big an impact on their handwriting as their temperament. Most people over about 40 in English speaking countries have been taught rightward slanting script and Germans have been taught a style in school that makes very rounded letters (they used squared paper to practice and each letter had to fill a square). The French have traditionally been taught a very loopy and curly style of script, and in recent decades the British have been taught a "straight up" and plain style. To say nothing of people whose native language doesn't use the Latin alphabet or people whose does, but have learned non-Latin script languages such as Russian, Greek, Arabic etc. If you don't take into account the script a person was taught in school, any guesses you make as to what their writing says about them risk being quite far off.
That explains littlelinguist's and blackmail's writing. :thumbup:

some free writing... what does it supposedly mean if it isnt straight on the right side?

It's both... or rather left + right. It's in a special class on its own. Variable slant. :D

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah, why don't many others slant to the left? I'm one of the four in the poll that does this. >_>

Three...I lied... o_O

So wait. If handwriting is big then little, what does that mean? Because big is supposed to be many sporadic ideas, but if you switch back and forth...I guess...you're indecisive? :huh:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
handwriting to the left because I turn the paper so much when I write on it...

I write with a major left slant unless I turn the page (& then there's still a slight slant). I do the 45 degree angle, then twist my arm & lean my head to write straight (I though this was normal?).

I tend to print with large, rounded letters & a little flourish. It can be neat if I take the time, and people actually like it, but I usually don't have the patience so it's a bit messy.

My ESFP sister does the squished bubble squares. MY ISFJ mom has this elegant, perfect cursive handwriting....neither my sister nor I got that from her.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Scruffy .. Yuck

*is puzzled by the strange "caps" within the sentence... Are you a native/fluent English speaker? (although I do see you're from UK...)

e.g. Confident, Small, Sad, Aware.

Strange emphasis on those words suggest you might be trying to convince yourself that they're true... Paired with a larger signature at the bottom of page. (public image might be a projection which you don't really believe in)

This goes against the upward slant of the writing.

Easy going person, kind-hearted.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I'm right handed and my writing tends to right.

First person with a lighter hand in this thread :D

Flow of writing... seem to for the most part take the path of least resistance, but with forethought of where to go. (Th formation). They say large loops in "d" indicate sensitivity. In particular to other people's comments towards self.

Right slant but rather large spacing between words. Not reclusive, but prefers to have some personal space. Overall balanced letterforms and line spacing with horizontal word endings. Internal focus in maintaining "balance" - clear thinking, objectivity. You try not to be influenced by others, but other people's comments can hurt you.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Handwriting.jpg

Okay, now psycho-analyse me.

You try to get everything done right while being efficient. There's a tendency to give your work a once over before moving on. (careful i dots, for the most part... ;) word ending curls backwards slightly, rapidly crossed t-bars)

Smallish writing, no loops in ascenders and descenders. Mostly a quiet person. Rapid efficient movements. Again suggests you get everything done is a timely manner. No frills for you.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Extrovert by nature :D

handwriting.jpg

Well according to Subbie... you're a rebel! Where are those nice round letters? ;)

Energetic writing, but the poor numbers are a mess. An engineer that doesn't like other people checking his work? :devil:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
That explains littlelinguist's and blackmail's writing. :thumbup:

Ah no, Blackmail's writing is not very typical of French handwriting. He imitates typicality occasionally but it's clear that he usually disregards it completely. Hence our little conversation back there. And Little Linguist is American ;)

edit - and entropie's writing shows more typical German traits than you think.

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
Anybody wanna know what their handwriting says about them? Who is feeling brave? :cool:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
If you check out the old thread, you'll see aelan had a bit of a headfuck with my handwriting. IMO, it's because she wasn't able to take into account the difference that knowing (and frequently writing in) several languages that don't use the Latin alphabet, has had on my handwriting.

If only I could be bothered to find that thread, or even search in this one to see if anyone's already linked to it...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anybody wanna know what their handwriting says about them? Who is feeling brave? :cool:

yeeeahhh.i do! :)
samples on here somewhere...first or 2nd page i think...whataya got?

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'm an introvert, but NEVER in my life has my handwriting slanted to the left. Throughout the years, it has either been small or big, narrow-spaced or wide-spaced but it will either be straight or slant to the right. Now that I've taken this poll, I wonder whether I'm an extrovert masquerading as an introvert--but not either, I hate mingling too much with people like extroverts do---I'm more comfortable reflecting on my thoughts and feelings...but I do like to mingle with people when I like to, but they're not just my source of energy.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
You try to get everything done right while being efficient. There's a tendency to give your work a once over before moving on. (careful i dots, for the most part... ;) word ending curls backwards slightly, rapidly crossed t-bars)

Smallish writing, no loops in ascenders and descenders. Mostly a quiet person. Rapid efficient movements. Again suggests you get everything done is a timely manner.
Thank you! For the most part I'd say that I'm very impressed with your analysis. Except for one part...

No frills for you.
I purposely "give my work a once over" not only to look for mistakes (as I make frequent spelling errors :dry:) but also to make sure it looks pretty. :blush: I hate to admit it, but it's true. The "rapid efficient movements" are a part of my 'frills' as I want my handwriting to flow nicely. However, due to the subtly of my 'frills' I can understand how you came to this conclusion. Also we may have a different opinion of what a 'frill' is.

Handwriting.jpg

You people see this!

Handwriting-2.jpg

But when I review my handwriting, I see this! The marking I've provided show what my mind is thinking every time I write something. Pink means I should continue doing that kind of scripting while red means either failure or please try again. Witness my subtle frilly letters! (Yes, I know, I'm obsessive. I have reason to believe that I'm splitting hairs.)

... And by the way - stylish handwriting...
I'm satisfied that my objective for pretty pendmanship has been fulfilled. :D Although I won't sacrifice efficiency for the pretty. ;)

*This post was way longer than I intended it to be.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Ah no, Blackmail's writing is not very typical of French handwriting. He imitates typicality occasionally but it's clear that he usually disregards it completely. Hence our little conversation back there. And Little Linguist is American ;)

edit - and entropie's writing shows more typical German traits than you think.

*throws up hands in despair* I'm not attempting anymore from you weird folks across the ocean. :steam:

Alpha Prime: There's a few people who've posted samples in this thread that are waiting for analysis I think...

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Last edited: