• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Handwriting Thread: Introverted, or Extroverted?

My handwriting...

• Total voters

sade

I'm right handed and my writing tends to right.

Last edited:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...and i'm an introvert according to my slant but i know a lot of introverts that slant to the right...so i'm not buyin it.

can you clarify this ?

Direction of slant is not correlated with intro/extroversion. Neither in practice nor in theory ( according to the literature I've read, at any rate).

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm left-handed.
Wonder if thats why mine is straight instead of slanted

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Direction of slant is not correlated with intro/extroversion. Neither in practice nor in theory ( according to the literature I've read, at any rate).

yeah...i'm going to have to agree and i don't even think it has to do with friendliness because i'm really friendly and some of my family and friends slant right quite a lot and are introverted and not especially friendly either.

i think it has more to do with my trying to make it straight...overcompensating maybe??

i think it's all pretty interesting though...does anyone know of a good site to look at that would go into the analysis a bit more? just curious...

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm left-handed and my handwriting tends to be straight as long as I have a flat writing surface.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Here's a section from my notebook. Am left-handed, but my handwriting usually slants to the right to the point of almost being italics. Slant degree is largely dependent on how I am feeling that day.

handwritingsample.jpg

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Hey Nightning! Mind taking a look at mine?

I have a couple more recent images...

handwriting02.png

handwriting03.png

1st impression
Neat printing. You care about making a good (socially correct?) impression, but you're not nit picky about the details. You have a good idea about what you want.

5 degree right slant with medium sized characters.
Character width is average, balanced upper/middle/lower zones
Relatively rounded lettering (e,o,d,g etc).
Fair pressure but not rigid letterform

However words are spaced fairly close to each other. Sometimes there's no break between two words. Is the story written mostly for yourself? It's as if there are some things that you don't want to share with others. This is counterbalanced by the letter spacing between characters. You're fairly open to ideas.

Consistent connecting strokes in "th" and "fa" etc despite well formed loops. You take time to do things right but is not one to waste time.

Capital As and Ws suggest artistical inclination. I could have cheated because I saw your drawings though. :D

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh noz - mine is either upright or to the right
its probably because i'm right handed

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
picture.php

Wrote this just now.

picture.php

Notes from Legal Environment of Business. Sorry quality is so bad :( Damn cell phones.

This is a bit too blurry to work with... but judging from the way your writing changes between the two (plus the other sample you've posted earlier) I'd say you're good at focusing on the task at hand when you need to get some serious work done.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I hadn't come across anyone with writing as bad as mine till I saw Whatever's :D

What say yee Mousey?

It's a mess Trin! :D

Carefreeness in writing... They say if you leave gaps open on the top of o's d's etc you're pretty open about expressing yourself. Sometimes telling people things you probably shouldn't have shared. Gaps that point downwards is inability to keep other people's secrets. I don't see those.

Average size writing, very fast line of writing. Ending of words often simplified to a curved line. However some of these are unidentifiable without the context of the other characters/words (e.g. -ng vs -y). Meaning you move fast (intelligent) but don't necessarily care if others can follow your line of thought.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I said I would post mine. Here is one sample. I don't have a scanner so I just took a picture of it

WritingSample.jpg

I'm right handed, so of course there is going to be a slight slant to the right (I think) but turning the paper helps to negate that and seeing as I write as I was taught (to turn the paper at an angle) it makes your writing straighter and allows the true "slant" to come out.

Actually, yours has a slight left slant. Very minor, like 2 degrees. Your capital Is are kept straight though. Perhaps you like to see yourself as upright independent and not easily influenced by others.

Letter size, letter spacing, word spacing... nothing unusual. The writing is medium leaning towards small. Slight introversion?

T-bars are a tad low... Is that your usual style or was it only because you well feeling tired/sad when you wrote that?

You write as you think, deliberately. The slight backward slant almost feel as if you're holding onto the thoughts and making sure you've got the right word before you put it down on the page... No crazy pen flying across the page like Trin's. :)

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
My handwriting changes. It astonishes me when people have recognisable handwriting styles.

What I find interesting, too, is the way you hold your hand&pen while you write. Another infj pointed out to me that I write in a typically associated "wrong way" (there is apparently such thing as considered a wrong way to hold your pen while writing) and that she writes in an exact same way.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
1st impression
Neat printing. You care about making a good (socially correct?) impression, but you're not nit picky about the details. You have a good idea about what you want.

5 degree right slant with medium sized characters.
Character width is average, balanced upper/middle/lower zones
Relatively rounded lettering (e,o,d,g etc).
Fair pressure but not rigid letterform

However words are spaced fairly close to each other. Sometimes there's no break between two words. Is the story written mostly for yourself? It's as if there are some things that you don't want to share with others. This is counterbalanced by the letter spacing between characters. You're fairly open to ideas.

Consistent connecting strokes in "th" and "fa" etc despite well formed loops. You take time to do things right but is not one to waste time.

Capital As and Ws suggest artistical inclination. I could have cheated because I saw your drawings though. :D

Of the two excerpts, the first one I was planning on posting somewhere, the second I wasn't going to show to anyone in particular.

I sound like a very contradictory person.

It's way different from the other interpretation of my handwriting I got a while ago.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
You write as you think, deliberately. The slight backward slant almost feel as if you're holding onto the thoughts and making sure you've got the right word before you put it down on the page... No crazy pen flying across the page like Trin's. :)

Good point.

... I'll try that by writing something scientific (thoughtful), and another casual (loose) - and see the difference.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
My handwriting changes. It astonishes me when people have recognisable handwriting styles.

What I find interesting, too, is the way you hold your hand&pen while you write. Another infj pointed out to me that I write in a typically associated "wrong way" (there is apparently such thing as considered a wrong way to hold your pen while writing) and that she writes in an exact same way.

Hmmm now I'm curious... which is the "correct way" you're suppose to hold the pen? :huh:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting..

My penmanship tends to be small, all caps, straight up & down [friends often tell me it looks similar to the text in most comic book speech bubbles], no margins [I fill the whole page], all the round letters closed, and the pressure between firm and light. Just steady. I don't recall what all of that signifies.. I took a few handwriting analysis tests for fun in the past...

This is a wee sample of my own; it's not of the best quality & it's at an odd angle. Taken w/a crappy cameraphone. It's on standard college-ruled lined paper.

th_handwriting.jpg
th_penmanship.jpg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Originally Posted by nightning
You write as you think, deliberately. The slight backward slant almost feel as if you're holding onto the thoughts and making sure you've got the right word before you put it down on the page... No crazy pen flying across the page like Trin's.
oh see! there ya go...that explains it right? i mean...and isn't that more an extraverted thing? because i totally write as i think. i don't know what i'm about to say until i've written it. i type that way too...so...what's the deal...extraverts can backward slant right? i mean...i do. okay...thinking out loud...you don't have to answer i guess.