• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Handwriting Thread: Introverted, or Extroverted?

My handwriting...

• Total voters

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
picture.php

Straight up. Slightly to the left at times. Very squished.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Wow! Your writing is very much like your big personality, cute and a bubbly ball of happiness. Sweet!!!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My handwriting can change a lot. I used to have really messy handwriting in elementary school and i forced myself to learn to write neatly. I used to do handwriting books a lot. In college my handwriting was nice, engineering helps keep it that way. Now it's getting messy again. Waaa. I have to think to keep it neat. Although I think people still say it's nice handwriting.

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
Introvert: When your handwriting tends/is slanted toward the left, as in... \\\\\\ - like that.

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I am ridiculously introverted, and my handwriting tends very noticeably to the right.

It probably only has to do with size, on whether or not someone is extroverted or introverted. The bigger it is, the more extroverted?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
picture.php

I have no idea. I'll try to take a better picture maybe when I get home. Anyone have an comments?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Well the slant isn't just introversion/extroversion... it also has something to do with personability which is related to F. Letting size is probably a more pure indicator for I/E.

Sid's writing

Close to zero margin on left, comparatively wide margin on right. No margin at bottom of the page. Thoughts move fast. A tendency to want to jolt everything down before it goes away. Hesitancy, uncertainty about your future.

Letter size average, upper-zone, middle-zone balanced, lower-zone slightly reduced. Overtly neither extremely introverted or extroverted.

Slant - upright to 5 degree slant.
Lines are "bouncy" Pen pressure variable.
Good spacing between words
Excitable, although not overly emotional (as in not touchy feely). Independent

Connecting lines/air strokes Relatively fast line of thought

Shortnsweet's writing

Very classical ESFP style

Writing size- large, rounded loops, little spacing between words, conflict between upper and lower zones between lines.
large writing with loops indicates a bubbly gregarious personality. Very people loving... Even though there wasn't a rightward slant, all the letters and words are touching. Meaning you gomp people... Sometimes you do it even when they don't want you to.

Large middle zone compared to upper and lower zones. Down to earth person, very much SP

Relatively fast line of writing despite the full loops. You're a smart cookie aren't you? ;)

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
A better photograph please. A little difficult to work with something so blurry

Very small writing size - Quite introverted. Almost to the point of you having low self confidence...

5 degree left slant - You're not really a people person. Reinforced by your need for space (word & letter spacing quite large)

What's with so much underlining? Do you usually underline so much? Need for emphasis... J/control related.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well folks, I have a challenge for you.

Analyze this! (Not so easy with the mirror-image effect MUHAHAHA! :devil:)

(By the way, these were texts while I was practicing for the translation exam).

If you look closely, I have minor changes in writing, mirroring Haphazard's comment about changing handwriting. (I think it was Haphazard? Well anyway, whoever said it).

Hey, I noticed I write differently in German than in English!

Last edited:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Little Linguist is a neat freak :shock:
Rounded upright writing, fairly large although not as large as Shortnsweet's.

Word spacing is precise. Everything is pin neat. Careful and deliberate writing style. Are you sure you're not a J? The superwide left margin is puzzling... I'm not sure if it's due to the way the pages are bound together or what not. So I'll reserve comments.

tastes_like_purple

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
This is pretty interesting:D
my handwriting tends tochange all the time, i can never keep it tidy >.<

Anyway anyone able to analyise it for me?:)

( i hope the pic comes up ¬_¬ ahaha)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, I thought I had bad hand writing. No offense. :p

I'll scan some of mine tomorrow or something. :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Little Linguist is a neat freak :shock:
Rounded upright writing, fairly large although not as large as Shortnsweet's.

Word spacing is precise. Everything is pin neat. Careful and deliberate writing style. Are you sure you're not a J? The superwide left margin is puzzling... I'm not sure if it's due to the way the pages are bound together or what not. So I'll reserve comments.

Ahhh, yes. German margins are about 1-2 inches on the left-hand side. I always write on kariertes Papier (graph paper); if you observe carefully, you will notice it. I try to follow these margins exactly, not going inside or outside the line too much. I also prefer to hyphenate and/or put words on the next line rather than cramming them in to fit (I've heard this is a female trait, but I don't know).

My writing varies from "rounded, straight, and large" to "rounded, slanting slightly to the right, and being slightly smaller". Factors that affect my handwriting include: what kind of a pen I use, how much fun I'm having, and how much I'm focusing.

When I have time, I'm a neat freak, having almost one square between words (yes, I actually think about this while writing) and one line of squares in between each line to give the reader (and me) a chance to write corrections and make additions as necessary. Even while typing I prefer double or half-double spaced texts.

In college, I noticed the more focused I was, the smaller the handwriting. In a creative mood, the handwriting becomes rounder and more flowing. When rushing to keep up, the handwriting increases dramatically in size, as does the space between the words, and becomes drastically sloppier.

Last edited:

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
handwriting to the left because I turn the paper so much when I write on it...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
handwriting to the left because I turn the paper so much when I write on it...

Hell, yes, I do that too!!!!!!!!! I turn my paper to a 45 degree angle almost, now that I think about it, and then I twist my head also to a 45 degree angle. God help me if I don't have lined paper - my lines go up and down like waves on a sea. That's why I prefer lined paper and preferably graph paper to write on - keeps me neat and organized, which I like.

(Don't you p's kill me now).

The logical thing to do would be to keep the paper straight but I CAN'T write like that - I need to twist the paper and my head to think properly. WEIRD, I know...As a kid, my grandparents tried DESPERATELY to rid me of the habit that began when I was 6...Never worked lol. Does anyone else have that problem, or is it just me and mippus?

Oh yeah, and I have have HAVE to scrunch my neck and back while thinking. Thinking and sitting up straight just ain't gonna cut it with me...Eh, doesn't help me now that I have back trouble. Hmm, does that mean I'm thinking too much??? :tongue10:

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Hell, yes, I do that too!!!!!!!!! I turn my paper to a 45 degree angle almost, now that I think about it, and then I twist my head also to a 45 degree angle. God help me if I don't have lined paper - my lines go up and down like waves on a sea. That's why I prefer lined paper and preferably graph paper to write on - keeps me neat and organized, which I like.

(Don't you p's kill me now).

The logical thing to do would be to keep the paper straight but I CAN'T write like that - I need to twist the paper and my head to think properly. WEIRD, I know...As a kid, my grandparents tried DESPERATELY to rid me of the habit that began when I was 6...Never worked lol. Does anyone else have that problem, or is it just me and mippus?

Oh yeah, and I have have HAVE to scrunch my neck and back while thinking. Thinking and sitting up straight just ain't gonna cut it with me...Eh, doesn't help me now that I have back trouble. Hmm, does that mean I'm thinking too much??? :tongue10:

So you'll agree that (this part of) graphology is absolute nonsense?

tastes_like_purple

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
I have a sample of writing i did about 5 minutes ago for homework:D
sorry its not in english, its my irish essay xD

what do you think? Besides the obvious messy writing xD

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Hm, are you in your early 20'ies?
I like to guess age from handwritings...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So you'll agree that (this part of) graphology is absolute nonsense?

Hmm? Analyzing handwriting, like anything, is only useful if it relates truth about yourself. If not, then yes, it's worthless.

Regarding twisting the paper, god help me if I know why the hell I do that.....It's like I skew things and then align them again, with a great deal more effort than it would take just to do it normally. What does that say about my personality?

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
because writing to the right is some sort of a social norm?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
because writing to the right is some sort of a social norm?

The thing is:

I twist the paper so that the upper right-hand corner of the paper is at a 45 degree angle, then bend the elbow so that it's at a 90 degree angle, and twist my head to the left so that it's equal....Disaligning and re-aligning....Bizarre...truly bizarre.

In the end, my handwriting is straight up and down.