• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Handwriting Thread: Introverted, or Extroverted?

My handwriting...

• Total voters

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ugh it's so hard to explain. Here: let me illustrate. The first picture would be if I held it straight. The second picture is how I actually hold it (mirror image). Then I crane my neck to the left and out to re-align.

Last edited:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my paper is really angled too but it makes it slant a bit to the left...i'm thinking that's not a great indicator of i/e but the other things were fitting.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Hell, yes, I do that too!!!!!!!!! I turn my paper to a 45 degree angle almost, now that I think about it, and then I twist my head also to a 45 degree angle. God help me if I don't have lined paper - my lines go up and down like waves on a sea. That's why I prefer lined paper and preferably graph paper to write on - keeps me neat and organized, which I like.

(Don't you p's kill me now).
Hah! My writing is complete chicken scratch... and I'm a J. :blush:

I also do the turn paper at 45 degree thing. Actually I think many people who tend to really push the pen across the page does that because the arm naturally extends outward in an arc. To place the page completely horizontal will impede pen/arm movement when you're writing fast.

For this reason, the faster your writing, the more there's a tendency to slant rightward. When you're analyzing handwriting, you're suppose to take that into account. So if you see upright handwriting on a fast hand... the uprightness is deliberately enforced, where as leftward slant is downright unnatural.

Also the change in letter size in writing is natural. Smaller writing indicates focus and the ability to concentrate. So when you're focused, your writing naturally become smaller and also less expansive. (being more critical, letter spacing decreases). The reverse is true when somebody's writing freely.

I have a sample of writing i did about 5 minutes ago for homework:D
sorry its not in english, its my irish essay xD

what do you think? Besides the obvious messy writing xD
Young... Writing seems to correspond to somebody under 16? Sensitive with an incline towards fantasy (rounded loops on the ds and balanced f flourish).

Your signature at the bottom? There's no need to hide yourself behind fancy flourishes. People are more interested in who you are underneath.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hey Nightning! Mind taking a look at mine?

I have a couple more recent images...

handwriting02.png

handwriting03.png

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
picture.php

Wrote this just now.

picture.php

Notes from Legal Environment of Business. Sorry quality is so bad :( Damn cell phones.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not that I (normally) pay attention to people's handwriting, but I do recall some people sitting in very awkward 'inward' positions at the study desk, writing, and their handwriting happens to be slanted a lot to the left. Apparently, they happened to be the most antisocial/shy people, and their seating 'posture' was annoying enough to get the ugly attention.

... I'm pretty sure it's to do with the introvert/extrovert of your personality. I'd think handwriting 'spacing' is to do with the feeling/thinking side.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hadn't come across anyone with writing as bad as mine till I saw Whatever's :D

What say yee Mousey?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have no way of posting my handwriting on here, but I write about 80% straight, 13% to the left, and 7% to the right. It looks somewhat like Haphazard's writing sample.

wolfy

awsm
My writing is straight with an almost indistinguishable slant to the left. Which also matches my introversion/extroversion.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I noticed in my handwriting that the 'spacing' between words is quite wide/apart, suggesting I'm standoffish and solitary, as opposed to gregarious. Damn it, that can't be too good.

... I'll say in-between, but I can't make out exactly how apart it looks like, clearly. :steam:

wolfy

awsm
I lied earlier. When I looked through some old notebooks just now, I noticed the writing all slants to the right.

I'm an extrovert.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so big loopy y's and g's mean they have a tendency towards fantasy? is that what you said?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I lied earlier. When I looked through some old notebooks just know, I noticed the writing all slants to the right.

I'm an extrovert.

yeah...and i'm an introvert according to my slant but i know a lot of introverts that slant to the right...so i'm not buyin it.

can you clarify this ?

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I hadn't come across anyone with writing as bad as mine till I saw Whatever's :D

What say yee Mousey?
You know, I actually read what you wrote for some reason.
I kind of like your hand writting.
You're right about doctors but this applies to pharmacist as well!
They must have some secret code that normal people cannot crack. How do pharmacists know without even having to try?:shock:

Mine is "robotic" looking. It tends to look "smooth, medium-small sized and loopy". I apply so much pressure that my fingers change shape after my "hard labor".
My mother forced me to write bigger because she said it was ugly.:cry: It's not!
I followed her advice in 6th grade but now I'm back in my old ways.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I said I would post mine. Here is one sample. I don't have a scanner so I just took a picture of it

WritingSample.jpg

I'm right handed, so of course there is going to be a slight slant to the right (I think) but turning the paper helps to negate that and seeing as I write as I was taught (to turn the paper at an angle) it makes your writing straighter and allows the true "slant" to come out.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Eagle, looks like your handwriting is (normally) some what slanted to the left. Good one!

Wolfy, hmm...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's pretty shaula. it looks like my dads. :)