• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you develop Ni?

S

Sniffles

Well since there's already one or two threads about Ne, I guess it goes without saying that Ni deserves a thread of this kind as well.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just resurrected the old thread, we must be using the same brain-waves.

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Speaking of Ni....

I've been doing some research on myself. I think it's possible that I'm IxTJ. I've noticed that even though I use quite a bit of Si, I use quite a bit of Ni as well. But I probably use Te the most. Most of the INTJ's profile fits me too. (The ISTJ profile fits about 95%, but the INTJ's fits at least 80%.)

What stuck out the most were my usage of Ni+Te. The whole, "Make theory, turn into working system, explain system to others to use" thing, for one.

I have a few other ideas, but who knows. Any thoughts?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I recommend getting rid of it, rather than developing it. It leads to misunderstandings, assumptions, and general discomfort.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I generate Ni through Ti and Ti gets its data from Se and Ne, being Se thats what I am used to , but others Ne-Te can also do the trick sometimes.

Ni is not bad if properly used:)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Alcohol thats the cause and solution to all problems - Homer J. S. , cheers

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
spending time with yourself thinking about things deeply

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I recommend getting rid of it, rather than developing it. It leads to misunderstandings, assumptions, and general discomfort.

Tee-hee, it's funny cause it's true.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I focus more on Ne, but Ni is so hard for me to get into. It goes against the Si thought process completely. When I try using Ni, I worry about details and it screws me up.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yep-yep, this is it. This is why Ni is my strongest little cognitive thingy by far.
Most of the time, I am alone, and when I am alone, I reflect upon things.

spending time with yourself thinking about things deeply

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First someone is going to need to explain how Ni works in the first place. I have no idea, and I haven't seen that anyone else has any idea either.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First someone is going to need to explain how Ni works in the first place. I have no idea, and I haven't seen that anyone else has any idea either.

hahaha, yup, I've read the descriptions, it just puzzles me how it works. Ne is pretty simple to understand, same with all the 'Xe' functions (and Si). I'm going to try to figure out how it works now :newwink:

F

FigerPuppet

Here you go

p. 222: "...draws our attention to immediate sensory phenomena. ... It prompts an interest in perception itself--the process of recognizing and interpreting what we take in."

p. 223: "Introverted Intuition would prompt us to liberate our sense impressions from their larger context, thereby creating new options for perception itself."

p. 229: "Introverted Intuitions are not really ideas. They're like trains at the edge of articulated knowledge. You can't claim them or advocate them. You put on a hat, grab hold of a boxcar door, and see where they go."

p. 153: "Introverted Intuition suggests that absolute meaning is an illusion--the result of having incomplete information."

As a dominant function:

p. 225: "For INJs, patterns aren't 'out there' in the world, waiting to be discovered. They're part of us--the way we make sense of the riot of energy and information impinging on our systems. A disease syndrome is a useful construct, but that's all it is--an aggregate of observations attached to a label, telling us what to see and how to deal with it."

p. 225: "Where Extraverted Intuitives see many behavioral options, INJs acknowledge many conceptual standpoints. They experience no need to declare one inherently better than another. Indeed, these types have the disconcerting habit of solving a problem by shifting their perspective and defining the situation some other way."

p. 234: "For INJs, truth isn't about logic. Truth is a frame of reference, a way of organizing information, which serves one set of needs or another."

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks heaps man, I got distracted while gathering information :blush: I did see some similarities between Ne and Ni though, Its quite interesting.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
To elaborate on the quote above, the direct quote is this:

Like the other perceiving functions, Introverted Intuition draws our attention to immediate sensory phenomena. However, Introverted Intuition is more cerebral than the three just discussed. It prompts an interest in perception itself--the process of recognizing and interpreting what we take in.
Whatever types we happen to be, we use all four types of Perception in one way or another. For example, if we were spending a day at the beach:

Extraverted Sensation would prompt us to go with our sense impressions as they occured: to lie in the sun, play in the surf, listen to the gulls piping overhead.

Introverted Sensation would move us to stabilize our sense impressions by integrating them with facts we knew to be consistent. We might bring our favorite book, a snorkel and flippers, a bag of snacks, extra towels because someone will probably forget one, and a watch to make sure we beat the traffic home.

Extraverted Intuition would move us to unify our sense impressions with their larger context, thereby creating new options for meaning and response. For example, as we lie on our blanket in the sun, perhaps we hear music n the distance. Someone passing by mentions a great restaurant in town. Suddenly we're thinking: Hey, there must be an amusement park nearby. If it's on our way to town, we can check out the rides before we look for the restaurant that passerby was talking about. In fact, maybe the guy knows about other places we should consider. Where did he go?

Introverted Intuition would prompt us to liberate our sense impressions from their larger context, thereby creating new options for perception itself. For example, we might find ourselves wondering why people feel so strongly about getting a good tan. We remember reading somewhere that before the Industrial Revolution, being tan marked one as a manual laborer, because it suggested work out of doors. After the Industrial Revolution, it was pale skin that suggested manual labor, because it indicated work in a poorly lit factory. Such correlations aren't relevant today, but a good tan is still considered attractive. Why is that? We consider raising the question as a topic of conversation, but we're pretty sure our friends will think we're observing a situation instead of enjoying it.

It comes from Personality Type: An Owner's Manual by Lenore Thomson. I'd recommend it for anyone wanting to learn about MBTI in great detail.

Snow Turtle

It's not thinking unawareness?

Si does go naturally against intuition for me, but only in the sense that I force things to the conscious and grind through the process to arrive at my destination. Interesting how one of the questions to determine N/S is what's more important to you?

- The answer.
- The process.

Considering I'm constantly working on the specifics of the process, all that remains is the desired answer. In the same manner that intuitives might be more interested in the process, because it is usually working unconsciously and generating an answer. Course faulty processing leads to assumptions and all that, but Si is prone to that as well. *shrugs*

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Why would it make sense? In comparison to that described in Se and to an extent Si.

I think that people are mixing Ni and other functions.
Since if you have a strong Ni you can't really tell what is Ni a what is some other function. Since Ni is a way of thinking and it is the most illusive function.