• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is YOUR point of living?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The way I see it is like this...

Life came to play due to some millions-of-years-old comets bombarding the early Earth and planting the "seeds of life" -- some complex hydrocarbon molecules. Fast forward a few billion years, and presto! Here we are.

So what the hell is the point to any of this? Well, obviously, there is no objective point. But there is a subjective point. What is yours? How do you stay motivated to live this life?

That's a good question. I suppose my motivation is just to see this thing through to the end. I think it's a kind of curiosity, maybe. I don't know. I am alive, therefore, I'll persist until I am dead. Yeah, that's it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes that's what I meant wolf.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That's a good question. I suppose my motivation is just to see this thing through to the end. I think it's a kind of curiosity, maybe. I don't know. I am alive, therefore, I'll persist until I am dead. Yeah, that's it.

I know for sure that one of your special motivations in life are to break the contest in who says the word "I" the most times in his life :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well, though I should know you by now I have to admit I skipped your posts therefore I just can state the obvious. Was that too badly formulated ?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose it's nearly 2am there as well, isn't it Entropie?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
she really uses to talk alot about herself, I was just wondering if she knows more

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
My literal 'motivation' is my beating heart and my body, but if you mean what purpose do I ascribe to my own life, that is an open question, even at this late date...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I understand your posts, and unfortunatly the joke was not received. :) No need to dig yourself in!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We do try to be ahead. Can't say we're always ahead though. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya and never do that, that wouldnt be like Chuck Norris would do it :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuX7lHEU7-Y"]Chuck[/YOUTUBE]

F

FigerPuppet

To put my print on history and the future of mankind instead of just being a bystander living a meaningless life. That is also why I want to be a physicist.
And then there's the curiosity for the future. I wish I could live forever and just observe the technological and social evolution of Man.

Mole

Permabanned

Life came to play due to some millions-of-years-old comets bombarding the early Earth and planting the "seeds of life" -- some complex hydrocarbon molecules. Fast forward a few billion years, and presto! Here we are.

So what the hell is the point to any of this? Well, obviously, there is no objective point. But there is a subjective point. What is yours? How do you stay motivated to live this life?

Why not ask Marvin, the Depressed Robot?

Unfortunately he will only pass the question on to Deep Thought.

And we all know what he will say!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Why not ask Marvin, the Depressed Robot?

Unfortunately he will only pass the question on to Deep Thought.

And we all know what he will say!

It was never said the marvin passes questions to deep throat.

Think again ! :D

Mole

Permabanned
It was never said the marvin passes questions to deep throat.

Think again ! :D

Mate, mate, they are related - they are both robots.

Do you seriously believe they don't communicate?

All robots operate on a back channel.

What one robot knows, they all know.

I've seen Hal, Marvin and Deep Thought all sitting quietly together, apparently saying nothing. But when I opened up the back channel, it looked like they were gossiping about the whole world.

No, your conversation and mine is like a pebble on a beach, while the conversations held by Hal, Marvin and Deep Thought are like galaxies colliding.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Full 100% heartfelt devotion to the Obama youth corps.

For real though-curiosity

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

Love is the only thing worth living for.
Getting it and giving it. :hug: