• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is YOUR point of living?

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
So what the hell is the point to any of this? Well, obviously, there is no objective point. But there is a subjective point. What is yours? - My point of life? It's simple. To enjoy my time here, and live it to the fullest. I know other people have more "noble" ambitions, but quite frankly, liking my life is about all I care about in life.

How do you stay motivated to live this life? - I do things I enjoy, and make allowing me to do more of them my never ending "goal".

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, totally worn out, yelling "Holy shit, what a ride!"

That does it for me .. I am not going to think about life, i am going to live it (with all its up and downs) ;)

Trope

MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w6
I've really thought about this and I think it's to have really nice looking deltoids. And serrati anterior. Oh yeah. And to have fun. And peace, the uncut stuff.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

So what the hell is the point to any of this? Well, obviously, there is no objective point. But there is a subjective point. What is yours? How do you stay motivated to live this life?

It's better than the alternative?

LOL j/k

Seriously, though: I see my life as a catalyst to help other people achieve their goals and dreams.

At work, I'll never make it big, and I will probably always need to work extremely hard for very little pay, but I don't care. I know that I have helped hundreds of people pass that test they needed, get the job they've always dreamed of, make a perfect speech and presentation, get the promotion or extra money, give them a reason to push themselves, provide themselves with personal satisfaction, etc. Whatever their goals I helped them get there, although they had to do it themselves.

In my personal life, I'm also a catalyst, but in a different way. I try to lift people up and help them see how beautiful they are and what they can achieve. I wake them up to their potential and how far they've already come. I like to think I wake something up in them they didn't know they had (usually positive) no matter what it is about.

The purpose of life? To learn. To know. To experience. To sense. To feel. To develop. To grow. To understand. To be.

The soul can exist, but it does on a different plane. We need a physical plane, so we need to ask ourselves why???

Why do we exist for a mere average of 80 years in an eternal ever? What is this function? Purely biological? Spiritual? What is this essence?

I believe in nature. Nature is about development. Our JOB here, in my opinion, is to foster our own development along with/due to the development of others.

But why??? Why this development? And is it linear or cyclical?

I think biology and nature drives us to develop, and over the long term, to evolve. That's linear. The short term is cyclical.

To what end or purpose?

Well, if we knew that, there would be no mystery to keep us going, and we would end, as our purpose would have been served. It is the mystery that drives us.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
(Think I'm experiencing Deja Vu from so long ago, as far as gone back to my mid-teens... having just clicked on this thread.)

... Strange.