• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotional Intelligence (EQ)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's above-average. ;)

It said average. It is better than I expected. I'm thinking I did extremely well on the face reading and situation handling so it brought the overall score up.

Still, I don't see why not being effusive or handling your issues on your own mean you're not well-equipped emotionally.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
121/93 for me..

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Damn. This blows.

Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 109
Subscale percentile = 73

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is slightly below average. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is just barely acceptable. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. It’s easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a solid ability to offer advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

Okay, so if I take my IQ, average it out with my EQ, can I use that score and make people think I'm normal? That'd be cool beans.

Ohhhh, so EQ shows restraint - well pfft, that explains the below-average mark then.

I'm proud of myself, though - when I took a similar test in college, I scored as an EQ of 70 or some retarded figure like that. So I'm getting better!

(Anyone still think I'm ENFJ - huh, huh??? I don't think so! Fe-dom must have a high EQ result).

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
No. :( I got to the 20th question or so. They are too situational and I can already see the pattern in which the points are given and highly disagree with the way they distribute points.

+1.
You could see exactly what they were looking for and it was like I was walking into a very familiar trap. No thank you. The situations described are not applicable to a lot of people.

Well, i don't agree with most of the questions.

For example:

I feel like I worry about things that other people don't even think about.

Ofcourse I do, I'm an INTP and KNOW my mind is thinking things no one else would, but that in itself doesn't worry me. Does the test take that into account when I strike Most of the Time?

Or for example:

I feel uneasy in situations where I am expected to display affection.

I assume I only have to display affection to close friends? In which case I won't feel uneasy. But if you expect me to display affection to a stranger, then yes, very uneasy. But to me, I should not be expected to display affection then.

in other words, I think INTP's have an entirely different view on EQ and can not be tested in this manner.

That being said, I got a really low score. It was due to stupid statements like:

I will do whatever I can to keep myself from crying.

:doh:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it's totally BS. (Okay, that wasn't very EQ of me, now, was it? *sigh*)

Okay, listen, this is totally sensor biased - I determine how people are by the way they FEEL and what I SENSE not how they LOOK...So it's totally crap to ask an Se-tard to analyse how people feel based on a picture. :wtf:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Snapshot Report

Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 153
Subscale percentile = 99

Eh.

A lot of the questions required further analysis for coherence than what was immediately available; otherwise, the test seemed geared towards self-evaluation than 'objective' scoring.

Of particular support to this criticism were the 'what does this person feel' statements when the user was asked to compare perceived sentiment against a picture. In this case, culture - not universalism - determines appropriate emotional response.

Interesting test, nonetheless.

Well my IQ is very high, so it balances out with the lower EQ ;) .

Haha - I thought you said you had a high IQ? :D

P

Phantonym

What I really dislike about the concept of EQ is that it's too broad. A person can be extremely aware of their own emotions, have understand about how they feel the way they do, have understanding of how other people feel but because they are depressive and aren't motivated individuals. Suddenly all of the above is thrown out of the window and these people are labelled as low EQ people.

Well that explains it.
My results:
Subscale IQ score = 61
Subscale percentile = 1

Wow. A major downer.

Queendom is inconsistent with the scores, and appears to pull your EQ from out of a hat.

Thanks for pointing that out, I was beginning to wonder if I'm really that emotionally retarded.

Man, the tests online really go from high in the sky to mole kingdom. Some of them are too positive and make you seem like you're the biggest thing since sliced bread. And then there are those that just make you feel like a :wacko:
Where's equilibrium when one needs some?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Wow. A major downer.

Nah.

The test provides insight into self-perception, itself a score only lightly connected to 'legitimate' emotional identity.

External reinforcement is a better metric to gauge our emotional strength - how well we 'fit in' without compromising what's important to us, alongside how well we balance this natural continuum while enabling others to be the very best that they can be (still yet without sacrificing the emotional rights of others...).

Exponential balancing of this equation is is unrelated to anything offered on the, ahem...Queendom...test.

In short, no worries.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Subscale IQ score = 135
Subscale percentile = 99

kinda expected that...but this only means that i know what the right situation-specific emotion is...not what i do to handle that situation or even if i allow myself to feel that emotion

i liked that though...except i cant believe i stuck around long enough to finish that thing

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I got 76 :(

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. It's hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Subscale IQ score = 113
Subscale percentile = 82

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i disagree with a lot of the questions and i generally feel that i could describe things better using my own words rather than those provided. i got 104.

i also disagree with the definition for my score:

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is slightly below average. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is just barely acceptable. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. It's easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a solid ability to offer advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

anyway, this test got me thinking that there should be a test for analytical intuition.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've been having thoughts/doubts lately about my abilities. Last night I was wandering around and decided to roll into a bookstore. I had no aim or purpose in being there, but I drifted on into the psychology section. The books on emotional intelligence caught my eye and peaked my interest in the subject. So this morning I took a long/comprehensive test from here-

Queendom.com: Tests, Tests, Tests and more Tests, The biggest testing center in the world with personality, intelligence, relationship, career and mental health related tests.

And I got a score of 98 :/. Apparently that is below average. It's not surprising considering I'm an INTP, but still, I think it holds me back a lot and I would like to work on increasing my emotional intelligence in a non-painful way if it exists :p .

Has anyone else ever taken an EQ test? What do you think about the whole concept? What are the supposedly good methods for increasing EQ?

I furthermore think its not surprising that you are intp. Cause to have the right set of molecules in your mind to get to the idea of opening up a thread about emotional intelligence, needs some guts

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I can't remember if I took this already or not...

Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 75
Subscale percentile = 5

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. It’s hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

Wow. I feel somewhat retarded.