• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ever Been Called "Crazy"?

Snow Turtle

Today I was called weird so I asked why he would want to be normal... to which I got the reply that I'm bad weird (maybe he was joking). Another occasion when I mentioned that I was thinking of becoming a psychologist, perhaps down the therapy path. Two people just burst out laughing to themselves mentioning that must be a pretty severe case to send patients to someone insane.

Got to admit, I'm pretty disappointed and annoyed. Starting to think that people just see me as a forgetful fool, slightly eccentric but not realise the other half of me - the more serious side.

Not my day :cry:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Today I was called weird so I asked why he would want to be normal... to which I got the reply that I'm bad weird (maybe he was joking). Another occasion when I mentioned that I was thinking of becoming a psychologist, perhaps down the therapy path. Two people just burst out laughing to themselves mentioning that must be a pretty severe case to send patients to someone insane.

Got to admit, I'm pretty disappointed and annoyed. Starting to think that people just see me as a forgetful fool, slightly eccentric but not realise the other half of me - the more serious side.

Not my day :cry:

I know that I could comes as insensitive INTJ. But none the less I recommend that you start to take opinion(s) of others less personally.

Snow Turtle

I know that I could comes as insensitive INTJ. But none the less I recommend that you start to take opinion(s) of others less personally.

It just comes natural to me to take other peoples words into consideration, otherwise I'd just be ignoring them. Truthfully I'm more bothered by the fact that these people can be so oblivious to the other side of me, and assume that just because I usually act foolish. I don't have another side to me.

Self-projection is innate. I want people to perceive correctly rather than come to false conclusions about me. Which is important for social contact but I'll understand if that's not your priority. :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It just comes natural to me to take other peoples words into consideration, otherwise I'd just be ignoring them. Truthfully I'm more bothered by the fact that these people can be so oblivious to the other side of me, and assume that just because I usually act foolish. I don't have another side to me.

Self-projection is innate. I want people to perceive correctly rather than come to false conclusions about me. Which is important for social contact but I'll understand if that's not your priority. :)

Well just because you take them into a consideration that does not mean that you have to take them on very emotional way.

Stupid question: Why do you act foolish if you feel this way?

Snow Turtle

Well just because you take them into a consideration that does not mean that you have to take them on very emotional way.

Stupid question: Why do you act foolish if you feel this way?

Good point.
I don't purposely act foolish. I just necessarily do what others sometimes deem normal, essentially I'm just being myself. Thinking about the whole thing, it seems really stupid since there's an inherent contradiction in behaviour. I suppose this relates to the whole idea of SFs seeking acceptance from peers when being the self.

I wonder why we are wired this way... or whether more developed habit/traits.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Good point.
I don't purposely act foolish. I just necessarily do what others sometimes deem normal, essentially I'm just being myself. Thinking about the whole thing, it seems really stupid since there's an inherent contradiction in behaviour. I suppose this relates to the whole idea of SFs seeking acceptance from peers when being the self.

I wonder why we are wired this way... or whether more developed habit/traits.

1. Well, it seems that most most SFs are like this.
In this case you only have three major choices. Invest alot of energy to prevent acting like a crazy person, developing thicker skin, leave everything as it is. The choice is yours.

2. Why not both?

Snow Turtle

1. Well, it seems that most most SFs are like this.
In this case you only have three major choices. Invest alot of energy to prevent acting like a crazy person, developing thicker skin, leave everything as it is. The choice is yours.

Haha nice. Think I'll just drop the situation since it ultimately has no bearing on me at the end of the day. Not to mention it's sort of a standard thing to look down on less scientific degree choices even though some would consider geology itself a pseudoscience.

2. Why not both?

Sure. I'm curious about the ratio though.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You do get that - have you ever seen those teenagers that hang out in the mall or town squares? Big gaggles of them, they're all looking the same you know, dressed in the 'uniform' of the bands they worship, sorta gothy/emo and stuff, they're standing there sneering at the passers by about how NORMAL they all are and how these teenagers are BETTER than everyone else because they're INDIVIDUALS with their own MINDS and all these normal people are all the SAME ... cracks me up every time! :)
Most "teen rebellion" has always been a commercialized joke and is, in fact, it's own form of conformity because a lot of it's about being "cool".

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If I haven't been called crazy at least once the day is not complete. :D

Ah the joys of Ni...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I haven't been called crazy at least once the day is not complete. :D

Ah the joys of Ni...

Indeed.
I needn't say more.

Mole

Permabanned
Today I was called weird...

I've been called weird so many times on this site that I have lost count.

But after a while I can see it is an insult by those who feel threatened by me.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

No way. You're awesome. Weird, but in a most delightful way.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No way. You're awesome. Weird, but in a most delightful way.

Now I keep thinking of Victor as a sort of Mary Poppins..

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Never feel insulted when someone cares enough to think about you in the first place. :hug:

(and you are not weird.)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just a little cloudy and out there now and then to the regular INTP (me at least :p ), but in a challenging and interesting way.