• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feelers - learn to think(!)

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
EDIT: "you have to hold that train of thought"

euhm examples of how to hold that train of thought, without using my examples?

EDIT 2: doh, you mentioned not to juggle ideas around.

Wich in practicality means (atleast for INFJ's) being tuned in the moment.

No it does not mean tuning in the moment (Se), but focusing inwards because that's where your thought lies. Inside and not outside. There is external input in terms of you continually reading the other person for comprehension but that's not the main component.

The natural thinking style of Ni is to make leaps, from one idea to the next to the next which might be related to the first idea and so you loop back and jump off on a different tangent. What you get there resembles a rather messy spider's web which is focused upon your first idea.

Just because each leap makes perfect sense to you doesn't mean the connections are readily explained to somebody else. Therefore in order to explain, you have to start from the center of the web and pick 1 path to follow.

Therefore in your mind, you have to do two tasks simultaneously. One is to keep Ni (spider) spinning its web. The second is to plot a reasonably direct approach through the web to reach the fly.

I don't know about you, but my mind can't attend to 2 things at once. I switch back and forth between the two. Which means, in order to plot the course I must remember which spot Ni left off at. (Hence holding onto the train of thought) I don't mean to stop it. I mean to temporary pause it. Find your words, then let Ni move on. Repeat.

Faster is not good. The faster you go, the more your natural tendencies take over. Which means N overruns everything. N is anything but systematic. ;)

Slower deliberate thoughts are better.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Man, as a feeler I just don't think. Ever. Seriously. Logic is never applied.

In all seriousness I don't understand how you could think feelers have trouble using logic. The only time I'm NOT using logic is when something applies to a value of some sort. I use more logic in decision making than emotions. Even when something of value is at stake I will apply logic to it, because I value logic over everything else in my mind. If I make a stupid decision then that's bad, I'd rather break a value than act on it and get a bad and/or worse result. But that voice of value is still there when I'm making that sort of decision, so coming to some sort of median is ideal.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Feelers - learn to think(!)

No thanks! I'm happy this way.

Thinkers - learn to feel(!)
:smile:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
"staying focused" is not the same as Thinking. My Ne is anything but focused, and zips around like a lunatic, but it still feels the firm hand of Ti at the rudder, evaluating and theorizing as it goes in a pretty detached, dispassionate manner. And yet at the same time, I'm also passionate and firey; choleric. My Ti sees no conflict in any of these things... my ENFP brother however, can only explain and theorize their coexistence by resorting to emotional evaluations that just don't apply to me. His conclusion? I must be crazy, or lying. But I know I'm neither :D

See? You can meander around like crazy but it remains coherent. The hallmark of having T in the saddle.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
*Skips the Reading of a lot of stuff*

I use Te a lot... though it tends to waste my time bringing up useless plans and information that is only vaguely relevant to the information. I use Ti a lot... though it tends to make me unsure about myself as a whole by just breaking my Ni connections without rebuilding them (Without some effort at least).

sade

Okay kids. Step away from the vodka.
I'm confiscating it, and don't expect the bottle to be full when I return it.

Gengar

MBTI Type
INFP
is this meant to be a thread where two people post a whole load of crap and then laugh at those who seriously reply to it?

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huh? I don't feel like thinking today. *quietly lays back down and drools on pillow.*