• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Relation between types and shower-habit?

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
5-30 minutes on weekdays, 30-60 on weekends. I do some of my best thinking in there. So relaxing...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is this 'habit' you speak of? :D

Utterly depends on my mood. My So is amazed that I, as a girl, can take a shower in two minutes. On the other hand, if my mind is preoccupied (feeling blue, trying to figure something out, etc), I lose track of time and the water will put me into a trance. Also, I have long hair down to my hips. It takes some time to take care of that :D
Then half an hour is no problem.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably about 15 minutes. It's one of those things where the near-OCD tendencies start appearing. (Not clinical or anything...just tendencies that would be OCD when taken to the extreme.) The way my hair is run through has to feel just right, and until then, it won't be satisfactory. Hard to explain. Keep doing it until it "feels right". That's the same way I pick food when I go out to eat, keep looking until I see something that just looks like it would "taste right" for what I'm hungry for.

But also part of going rather slowly through the shower for me is that I do kind of zone out and forget what I'm doing, but not for long.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
I like to take what I call "shower-baths" (basically showers in a combination shower/bathtub with the drain plugged so that the tub gradually fills up) untill the hot water runs out. Unfortunately, circumstances make that impossible right now.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
15 minutes. I need to wash my hair 2-3 times, and lather my body 3-5 times, depending on what my day was like.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INFP. If I'm not on a time crunch, I can take up 40 minutes sometimes. Usually I take like 5 minutes actually washing my hair, a minute using my charcoal face soap, and then like 3 minutes lathering my body. The rest is me standing there submerged in the hot water, thinking about life and stewing in my feelings. Well, they do say that lonely people take the longest showers cause the hot water is like giving them a hug. I also check my phone while in the shower for the time cause I know I take forever to shower. I need to play music when I'm in the shower too, a quiet shower is an uneventful shower.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I only take baths, unless I'm sweaty or disgusting as fuck, then it's a shower (mostly in summer, after mowing, after exercise, etc). My baths are regularly 2-3 hours and include adding more hot water 1-2 times. I do not bathe daily. You can type me however you want.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I only take baths, unless I'm sweaty or disgusting as fuck, then it's a shower (mostly in summer, after mowing, after exercise, etc). My baths are regularly 2-3 hours and include adding more hot water 1-2 times. I do not bathe daily. You can type me however you want.

Baths are also my preference especially for a long period of time, showers are for the morning and i am always running late so they are always perfunctory. Baths are for the afternoon/ evening..relaxing, drinking too much wine, replaying music, play with bubbles and water so hot i have to dip my toe in twice to decide its time to get in.