• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Animals have personality right?

Vicki

MBTI Type
????
I was wondering if animals/pets have the four letter personality that people do?
what do you guys think about that?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, no. Because they can't take the MBTI without the ability to read, and they are a lot more biologically based, less capable of independent thought. But they're still sweet, warm, and caring.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think the same rules apply to it, but animals certainly seem to have distinct personalities. The dogs my parents have had were all different in personality, and my cat is certainly different from most cats.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Animals most definitely have personality. To say otherwise is simply a demonstration of mankind's perceived superiority over other lifeforms.

(And most people don't really have personality, either.)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah, my cat is an ESFP. Almost every animal I've met has had a personality, and if you look into their eyes, you can see some spark of personality in them.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love squirrels, always said I wanted to be one in my next life. :shock:

And if you end up not liking at it, at least you can be ensured of a short life span, when you dodge back and forth between cars on the road.

(I still think Frogger should have been named Nutter.)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Squirrels appear to be ESFPs if that helps. :devil:

My pet squirrel was more of an INFP. But she was one of the nocturnal flying variety, so maybe that's a bit different from a regular squirrel.

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
My pet squirrel was more of an INFP. But she was one of the nocturnal flying variety, so maybe that's a bit different from a regular squirrel.

Awww you had a pet squirrel? that's so cool. :wubbie: I adore squirrels, in the summer I go out to the garden and they live in a huge tree at the end, they are always messing up my lawn burying their nuts and then they forget where they left them and dig everywhere.

Still cute, I especially love it when the young squirrels start emerging.

They are grey suirrels though, you americans killed most of our red ones. :cry:

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've had cats all my life; they've all had distinct personalities. I have a one year old and watching her grow and develop a 'style' all her own has been fascinating.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Awww you had a pet squirrel? that's so cool. :wubbie:

It was great. A friend of ours rescued a baby flying squirrel from his cats and mended it and nursed it back to health. He wasn't able to keep it, and he feared it wouldn't survive in the wild, so he gave it to us. At first we named it Hamilton because there was a little nub in its genital area which we assumed was a penis. Then I hooked up with some flying squirrel enthusiasts online and one of them told me that it was a girl, so we changed her name to Hamiltina. :)

Here's a few pictures:

Squrl.jpg

squirrel2.jpg

squirrel.jpg

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think my dachshund may be an ENFJ...though either way, she's definitely Fe dominant. She also sits in the sun during the summertime as if she's contemplating life, so I figured that she has an Ni secondary function.

I didn't know that people kept squirrels for pets, though. Ivy, where do you live? (City or country, I mean.)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think my dachshund may be an ENFJ...though either way, she's definitely Fe dominant. She also sits in the sun during the summertime as if she's contemplating life, so I figured that she has an Ni secondary function.

I didn't know that people kept squirrels for pets, though. Ivy, where do you live? (City or country, I mean.)

Suburbs. They're unusual pets, but some people do breed them and sell the babies. They bond tightly to their favorite human and will ride around in a chest pocket. We've considered buying another one since we loved having our first so much.

Brighten Farms, USDA Breeders skunks, raccoons, foxes, coyotes, servals, squirrels and more!

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Racoons as pets. It would be like having a three year old that could climb. Brighten Farms could make money selling child proofing items. :D

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
No kidding! You'd have to pay me to have a raccoon as a pet.

Skunks, I hear, are quite docile and sweet.