• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Animals have personality right?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
And they smell nice, too.

And do people have chipmunks for pets?

They take out the scent glands of pet skunks. They don't smell any more or less than a cat.

I wouldn't doubt that some people do have chipmunks for pets, but I have never met any of those people.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have two. Chip E. #1 lives under my back deck. Chip E. #2 lives under my front veranda. They're cute but very descructive. Up close they remind me of a hamster I had as a child. And they do let you get very close.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They take out the scent glands of pet skunks. They don't smell any more or less than a cat.

Yes, I know that. (Though cats can smell pretty bad.)

I'd like to get a pet kangaroo or wallaby.

EDIT: Do people keep bats for pets? I always thought bats were cute.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Bats World

People sometimes desire having a bat as a pet. Yes, bats are beautiful and something we all love, but the act of keeping one as a pet will cause it to experience great terror, inappropriate and damaging nutrition, loss of it's right to enjoy reproduction and rearing if it's young, and terrible loneliness and boredom. Wild bats are capable of living over 25 years. Bats kept as pets rarely survive more than one year.

A flying squirrel usually lives 5 or 6 years in the wild, but can live up to 15 years in captivity. It's possible to meet all of a flying squirrel's needs in captivity, but I don't think that's the case for bats.

In a related story, my flying squirrel reminded me a little bit of a bat sometimes when she was all spread out.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow, that even beats out guinea pigs... I had one that died at 9 years old... They usually don't live that long in the wild or captivity.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No one answered my question! GRRR!!!

Do people keep bats as pets?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Dude I answered your question. People do sometimes but it's not a good idea.

Mercurial

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w6
Bats World

A flying squirrel usually lives 5 or 6 years in the wild, but can live up to 15 years in captivity. It's possible to meet all of a flying squirrel's needs in captivity, but I don't think that's the case for bats.

In a related story, my flying squirrel reminded me a little bit of a bat sometimes when she was all spread out.

Did she ever glide for you?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Did she ever glide for you?

She would jump 6 or 7 feet between me and Noah, but we didn't really have the space for her to glide proper.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^^ quoted for posterity. Glad you said it for me, I really didn't want another warning (I'm not keen on banishment)...

I just am less likely to read stuff in quotes. I dunno why...I guess I'm just weird that way.