• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the hardest decision you've ever had to make?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Title says it all.

What factors went into your choice?

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Had a k9 that had to be put down. To this day that decision tops any pertaining to keeping any relationship alive.

L

Lasting_Pain

The hardest decision in my life was to accept the fact that I am what I am and it is impossible for me to change that.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The hardest decision in my life was to accept the fact that I am what I am and it is impossible for me to change that.

That was basically my conundrum as well... and it led me to make some very intense, very large, very complicated choices in my life that I am still dealing with today... but I don't regret what I chose at all, I just wish it could have been easier for everyone involved.

Factors:
  1. Experience and information (i.e., experiences of others).
  2. Faith.
  3. Advice from people I trusted.
  4. Promises and commitments.
  5. Personal insight.
  6. Intellect/Rationality.
  7. Trying various other solutions and seeing how they worked.

Some of these things conflicted. it took me a long time to weigh it all, then commit to a different course of action.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it was when I was 18.
I was extremely depressed and had a really crappy job and was graduating highschool. I hated my friends and the house my mom and I lived in was dumpy. Not much to do in the town. I was going to stay but made a snap decision to move 4 hours south and get new friends, dump my boyfriend and get a new job.

Factors being that I had gone on a couple of vacations, one to Florida. It got me away from my hometown and my depression lifted. I figured I would just get away from my crappy situation permanently.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
When I was 13 and I had to choose whether to report my parents or not and whether to pursue a criminal case against them. It was one of the most heatbreaking and difficult decisions I've ever had to make.

The second time was finally leaving my ex husband, again something I wrestled with for a long time.

The main factor that drove me in both decisions were my safety, in both cases the threat to me had become too great to allow any longer, if I hadn't felt my life was in danger I'm not sure I could have forced such a binding decision upon myself.

B

beyondaurora

Leaving my husband.

Factors:

1) My psychological state.
2) The perceived opportunity and desire to travel the world and accumulate diverse life experiences.
3) My understanding of my husband as being arrogant, insensitive and boring and not sharing the same goals as I.
4) The allure of an affectionate, exciting, passionate, carefree man.

(P.S. Please don't rip me on this...the decision is not something I'm proud of, and I suffer from it daily.)

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Leaving my husband.

Factors:

1) My psychological state.
2) The perceived opportunity and desire to travel the world and accumulate diverse life experiences.
3) My understanding of my husband as being arrogant, insensitive and boring and not sharing the same goals as I.
4) The allure of an affectionate, exciting, passionate, carefree man.

(P.S. Please don't rip me on this...the decision is not something I'm proud of, and I suffer from it daily.)

Can i rip on your husband on this? Reads like his arrogants ignored himself.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

To be someone is only possible if there is something or someone to measure yourself with. And Measuring is totally overrated, if you have got the eagles eye and can guess the length to two decimal places by just one look :D

nanook

a scream in a vortex
the hardest choice ... i am still procrastinating it. i have the entheogen needed to investigate the demanded insight, handy in my table drawer, but ... procrastinate that as well. truth be told, thats why i am here.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've had to make many terrifying decisions. Being ill forces your hand frequently, sometimes daily. I'm in a constant state of choosing between things I either don't want, or know nothing about and don't trust.

But I'll say leaving my old neighborhood behind. My grandfather's house, the one I was raised in, the one my mother was raised in, sits in the middle of a terrible violent area. SE Raleigh has twice the violent crime rate of the entire city. Gangs. Drugs. Rapes. Murders. Those of you who read my blog, you know the double shooting I mentioned last Thursday on my old street? There was another homicide just a block away last night. The folks in the area are holding meetings because it's gone from bad to totally out of control.

I remember driving out to school one morning and seeing cops at the end of the street because children waiting for the bus had discovered a woman who'd been shot execution style and left in the road. Life means so little there.

When I first realized we HAD to leave, I cried. I cried and cried, and couldn't stop crying. The very idea of leaving our little house behind, with the only stability I ever knew - my grandfather, who'd been dead for a long time - was terrifying and grieved me.

I realize now how important it was that we leave. It was a matter of survival.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Hardest decision I ever had to make was to let a few people I love go.

Factors: Recklessness with their lives- money, drugs, promiscuity.. (I sound like a total prude, I know).

Since our values clashed, I think that really kinda severed ties.. As much as I wanted to be 'there,' I don't think be 'there' really helped, until maybe one day, they will wake up, realize. Or maybe they just didn't care? I think that sometimes, things happen for a reason. I believe that group influence is really strong. Being the oddball I guess, my hopes were to help rub off in a positive way? It didn't. I had to wake up myself. I still wish them the best of luck.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're not a prude, Viv. I've had to do the same thing.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Thank you.. Sometimes, I tear up inside when I see people I love let their lives spin out of control.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My granddad was the stabilizer in my life when I was a kid. He was from another place and time. He was in an accident that killed him when I was, I don't know, 8 years old? Things were mostly calm with him around. When he died, everything fell apart.

I know he would never have wanted us to stay and be in danger.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The decision to break my soulmates heart, in order to keep from losing my other soulmate and SO, knowing that doing so would mean losing him forever. And I did.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'm currently in the middle of the hardest decision of my life. After telling my mom that it's not my responsibility to take care of her, that I'm her SON, she has started to go down a pathway that will financially, physically, and emotionally destroy her. She's an ISFP that is letting Fi make 100% of her decisions.

The decision I have to make is how independent from my mom I want to make my life. Do I move to a new city (which I want to do anyway), how often do I see her, how many favors do I still owe her, etc. If I'm not careful she will not hesitate to take me down with her when she finally hits bottom.