• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

can you catch stupid?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I know everyone says you can't. but I think it might be possible, because I'm convinced I'm dumber then I was a year ago. So thoughts on this, because I'm partially convinced I've caught the stupid virus.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Well, we can do mentally stimulating or non-stimulating activities. So if your environment promotes a non-thinking atmosphere, that could maybe slow you from progressing. Or maybe if you don't use it, you lose it, and regress in intelligence.

Or maybe you live near a nuclear plant and have early onset Alzheimers.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I heard that you get alittle bit smarter each time you hit your head against a wall. I'm not 100% sure if it's true, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Edit: You are in school, correct? Do you study more difficult or less interesting (to you) material now than you did a year ago? You may have just finally reached more challenging material. Also, diet and exercise can affect how effective and sharp your brain is.

Finally, yes, you can catch stupid. Critical thinking and constant questioning make up your immune system. Remove those things, and you are no longer immune.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I mean I've studied things harder than what I'm studying now. And it's like things that use to come so easily to me don't anymore, and I don't quite understand why.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
it could be that your diet is lacking some important nutrient or something...like weed

with me its cuz im bored with life and need change

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Who's Stupid? Why are we trying to catch him?

Sorry couldn't resist .......

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think being content is the smart way to avoid apparent stupidity, and there's always more to learn in life.

... But then, people generally like catching out other people's stupidity any way.

So, we're all on our own.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I mean I've studied things harder than what I'm studying now. And it's like things that use to come so easily to me don't anymore, and I don't quite understand why.

I don't know if you guys are better concentrators than ENFPs, but as I've got older I've got less motivated to just do stuff because I should. It might be that you aren't as interested in it as you thought you were. But now you are more aware of it.

p.s. I only entered the thread for the sake of silliness, but Peacebaby beat me to it :).

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah I caught stupid. I'm keeping it locked up tight.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know everyone says you can't. but I think it might be possible, because I'm convinced I'm dumber then I was a year ago. So thoughts on this, because I'm partially convinced I've caught the stupid virus.

If you are easily influenced by people around you, and you surround yourself with stupid people long enough, I suppose it is possible...

I have had a similar problem, except I haven't caught anything, I just haven't that healthy and I haven't been getting the right kinds of mental exercise.

Physical and mental calisthenics has been helping me the most, and it'll probably help you too. I'll let you know when I come up with a good workout routine...