• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Declarations

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm in control here!
Excuse me, i'm a lady.
I know how you feel.
You should listen to me.
I know what i'm talking about.

This same basic irony is applied to type declarations on a regular basis. These occur with such frequency between so many different sites through the years that it is hopeless to even try to count. Some examples that inspire doubt.
random 'infj' post said:
I just discovered i'm an INFJ and it fits so incredibly well. I love to analyze people and can read them so well. I generally know their inner thoughts and can predict what they will say and do next. etc. I'm almost always right.
The majority of other posters roll their eyes and/or are annoyed and feel intruded upon. Surprisingly, said INFJ does not perceive this possibility.

supposed 'intp said:
I am really logical and therefore my conclusions are generally right.
Other posters think apparently not this time.

There are certain declaration when made, suggest themselves to be false by the nature of the declaration. Certain personal attributes are only relevant 'if' demonstrated. Those who must declare before and/or instead of demonstration are likely false.

This is just an observation that seems worth keeping in mind.

R

RDF

I'm in control here!
Excuse me, i'm a lady.
I know how you feel.
You should listen to me.
I know what i'm talking about. [...]

Blanket declarations of that sort often turn into the first stage of a rather harsh "reality check." :)

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Other posters think apparently not this time.

There are certain declaration when made, suggest themselves to be false by the nature of the declaration. Certain personal attributes are only relevant 'if' demonstrated. Those who must declare before and/or instead of demonstration are likely false.

Blanket declarations of that sort often turn into the first stage of a rather harsh "reality check." :)

Haha, so hilariously true.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
random 'infj' post said:
I just discovered i'm an INFJ and it fits so incredibly well. I love to analyze people and can read them so well. I generally know their inner thoughts and can predict what they will say and do next. etc. I'm almost always right.
supposed 'intp said:
I am really logical and therefore my conclusions are generally right.

These seem like the things you'd read in an introduction thread. I don't see what's wrong with them. If a person is just found out about MBTI and what their type is then these things seem natural to say. Isn't it arrogant to assume that you know more about a complete stranger than they know about themself? :rolli: If a person says they fit the description of an INTP or INFJ or whatever then what is wrong with that?

heart

heart on fire
If a person says they fit the description of an INTP or INFJ or whatever then what is wrong with that?

I wondered about that too.

Isn't it arrogant to assume that you know more about a complete stranger than they know about themself.

Yes, it seems ironic in a post about ironic statements.