• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have You Changed Over the Years?

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I suppose I've changed quite a bit. I mean I've grown up and am certainly no longer the child I was. But I feel like I'm still very much the same person at my core. I think if my younger self and my current self met, we wouldn't be surprised at all that we're the same person.

Im still growing and changing though, which is something we never really stop doing.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
YES. I am always looking for how people are evolving and why. So I hope I do as well ! I feel more in touch with my feminity.

Stronger in my authenticity (my sx type has been a trap sometimes). I have also change my rythme many times for my own good. I take more time to think, feel and act properly.

But still hard-to-please with myself. I have to think "Take it easy". Sometimes...

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, biologically, psychologically and physically I have changed. It's not possible to remain the same, even in a state of suspension, even in a vault, because the brain thinks and while it thinks it will figure things out, and while it is figuring things out it will come to new conclusions and based on those new conclusions new though patterns will emerge. We are all of us a work in progress.

Connoisseur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp
Wanted to be a future entrepreneur, worked in sales, pushed myself, got slapped in the face numerously by how unfit I am for that carreer (too high in neuroticism)- that made me come to terms with my weaknesses and the importance of realistically looking at "what it takes", instead of being such a naive wishful "thinker". Now I'm more hard-working, but too cynical, paranoid and overly critical of myself, so I guess that didn't go too well.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would be worried if I didn't change at least a little bit. Because change means you have learned, and grown as a person. Life experiences change and alter how you react to future experiences. I think people do posses a core though. An unwavering aspect of themselves, that dictates how change affects them.

I know I have changed over the years, mostly through my outlook on life, humanity, and spirituality. I cant exactly go into detail, as its very difficult to explain the observation off the top of my head.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've mellowed out a lot as the years have gone by. In terms of temperament, I had a significant amount of Choleric tendencies and very little Phlegmatic leanings when I was younger. That particular relationship has now reversed itself.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I dont know. Im not sure I have. Underneath it all Im still the same. Still messed up and weakly hanging on to “being ok”. I dont think Ill ever change. Not really

Deprecator

As a teenager I thought I was a genius destined for greatness.

Now.... I'm not so sure.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Yeah. In a sort of weird way. I used to be very...shall we say 'passionate about things.
But i seemed to reached this sort of...Budd-ish, nihilistic sort of contentment ( which also leads to aggravation) were I can no longer understand why humans do things like identify with differing sides of an argument or viewpoint, no matter how far-reaching or insignificant issue is.

I get inexplicably exasperated when people start up with the "us v them" band agonizing. It isn't as though I have no concern for certain issues. Rather, it's easy to keep my view points detached from mine own identity and those beliefs have very little ( not always none) impact on my view o other people as individuals and I am very exasperated by those who do , which , well, that's pretty much human nature.
My hair dresser once so brilliantly nailed down the source of much of my stress as "Having no tribe" and it's true. I don't think I ever will have a tribe as it seems that agreeing with those in the tribe on EVERY front-not because I actually believe in it but because 'if you're not with us you're against us- and the vary concept of a tribe cannot exist without the 'us v them' mentallity; soethingz I've grown to denounce outright

It's a sort of "Everything and nothing are the same." " Society is nothing more than a pendulum, eternally swinging from one extreme to the other" sort of perspective.

I (mostly) believe there is no point to almost any battle-from international war to petty bickering- because when it comes down to it we are all the same; a bunch of hysteric, shit-flinging apes, incapable of reasoning beyond "That guy's from the uther side! GET 'EM!" and wouldn't it be nice if we could all realize that our hatred of each other is what makes us all the same and just fucking laugh at each other already?

So, in a word I feel I have grown ...detached pretty much from humanity in general.

And no, I don't think I'm 'special'. I think I'm alone and I'd be better off if I could come back down to Earth.

rav3n

Yup. I'm far less likely to put up with people's horseshit. Life's too short.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I feel largely the same, just far more low energy. Which was already pretty low to begin with.

But I'm sure that I have.

Lark

I feel largely the same, just far more low energy. Which was already pretty low to begin with.

But I'm sure that I have.

I can relate to this.

Although I wonder is it getting older, its how I feel offline too, if that makes sense. Like I dont think its unrealistic or impossible to say that you feel differently online to offline and that there can be some kind of splitting off of the experience of one from the other.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have, and not even in a good way for the most part. As a child I was much more outgoing. I was still an introvert at heart, but I could actually speak up, go up and talk to people willingly. Teach, look how at how great my handwriting is! Teach, my pen pal and I have so much in common! Hey you, want this magic wand I made out of a straw and a sticker gem! It's hard to even start a conversation with my family nowadays because of my shyness.

I was also more feisty and assertive too, which I'm not sure is a good thing or a bad thing. Like I got into a fight with a neighbor in 4th grade, stood up to my mother more, and had a phase where I corrected everyone's grammar on the internet. Over time I became more chilled out, which is a good thing I'd say.

I also feel dumber then my younger self. I went from being labeled the smartest in my class to making typos constantly and being awkward in conversation because I can't come up with a reply. Also younger me was doing crafts, making OCs, drawing more and making her own jewelry. I've always liked those things, but over time I just lost the inspiration unfortunately. I'm working more on my art though these days though. Lol, why did I become such a disaster?

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I’ve changed in several ways over the last couple of years, which has been an uncomfortable but necessary process. Uncomfortable because many of the experiences that have elicited change were brought on by periods of significant stress, and necessary because I think the changes have led to better self-awareness, self-assurance, and a more understanding view of other people. I have a tendency to feel like I lost certain aspects of myself when I was a teenager, mainly a boldness that was strong when I was a kid. I also wasn’t particularly reflective or introspective (this didn’t really develop until I got to college), so I don’t remember having a strong identity. I think I was kind of blah and not a very interesting person (sucks to admit, but it is what it is), or at least had a hard time expressing those things about myself. I think because I was so reserved and didn’t understand myself that well it made it that much harder for other people to get a sense of who I really was. I do remember occasionally feeling a sense of separateness from other people when I was in high school that morphed into very intense feelings of inadequacy in college and grad school.

I think even when I became more reflective in college and started journaling to help with that process, I still only had a very superficial understanding of my actual strengths and weaknesses. I had a tendency to idealize certain traits that I wanted to have rather than honestly looking at myself and my past history to see if those traits fit. I just remember all of these past issues coming to a head in grad school, combining with the stress I was already feeling from school, and my life just kind of imploding on itself. I was just so miserable and realized that if I didn’t change something and reach out for help that I was never going to feel satisfied. So I started seeing a psychologist, which helped with getting the stress and anxiety under control, and also ended up getting a job in a less stressful district (less micromanaging from admin and parents) which allowed me to breathe a little and gain a sense of competence. Competence really seems to be a key thing in my life; it lessens the tendency to idealize certain ways of being and leads to more honesty/confidence in self-analysis and interactions with others.

Last edited:

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh it was great, over the years I’ve changed tremendously for the better, but that was all taken away in a single instant and my entire life was almost ruined because I was poisoned and it made me stupider—it virtually ruined my short term memory. I can still function, but this has happened to me a few times, that’s another thing, what’s with all these random freaking poisoners out there putting things in random people’s god damn drinks? Fuck.

Right now I’m doing everything I can to repair it however I can if there’s a chance, but even being moderately impaired by this, I still have too much going for me and the Soviet Union-sequel country I live in wants to take away all drive and life inside of me, personality, intelligence and virtually everything until I’m an empty-headed weak and mouldable follower.

I’ve had all these problems my entire life and it’s only until recently that I realized I’m entirely ill-adapted and unwelcome within the country I live in and have never really been welcome here so it feels pointless to really focus on the personal side of things and fake fantasy world nonessential.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yep. I've systematically ripped down everything I can find in my mind relating to how I view myself and rebuilt. The rebuilding is still going on and I'm not entirely sure where I'll end up.

This is pretty much what I would've said in a much less succinct way. My personality definitely isn't static, if I looked at myself as a child, even a teen I wonder if I would even recognize the girl standing before me.

NoorGuin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes, my self-esteem has improved significantly
although that's not always obvious, i sometimes still have my moods

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well I got taller and more good looking - I like to think I got wiser (not 100% sure about the latter though) :gleam: