• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotionally dead = dead ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
First I want to say that I am not emotionally dead. But I am not that far from it either. Especially by other peoples standards.
I am interested of opinions of NTs and comments/questions of Fs are quite welcome also. Since it is about the side of rationality that is not mentioned on this forum too much.
This posts talks about thing in general way, more specific are left for the thread.

In real life it is not unusual that people see me as a person that has no soul.
What is not that far from the truth since I am quite uninterested in pretty much everithing the average person is and what it is close to their hearts.
You name it : food , sports , cars , women , alcohol , drugs , money patriotism, ...... even things like arts and movies are in this category for me.

It is not even that much unusual that the other person asks " Do you even feel anything?". Since from the position of the other person I can appear like I am totally empty and in a way I am.
For example I know that some familiy members will die in not too far future.
So I have analysed their condition and marked my calendar. I don't want anyone dead, it is just that I don't see the alternative and I would not like to be caught by suprise by this. I am well aware that this can sound quite heartless to someone but this is the way I operate.

Same worths when it comes to people problems. I don't feel for people.
I am sorry but I don't do that even if it is somthing quite bad. Like dead baby or plenty of dead in natural disaster. However I offer a possible solution(s) almost always.

Also I don't know what romantic love actually is. Since I have never sense it.
Another thing is that I don't have spiritual feeling and I have never prayed in my entire life (not even once) Etc.
Some people say to me that they would rather die then live life like I live mine. Since there is no warmth in it at all.

But there is twist in all of this which people tend to overlook.
It is not their fault it is just that they don't experiance/have this/my approach.

The thing is that I am not too emotional person but my mind is hyperactive all the time. It never shuts down or it is really relaxed.
I am always thinking, analysing or planning something. For me it is normal that I spend 4-8 hours inside my 4 walls each day just thinking about things.It is not even related to collage, I just think about things.
Studing and classes are extra time on that.

I don't do this for any perticular reason it is just the way I am built.
I when look at other people I must admit that feelings can turn people day/life into hell. It looks that people don't even understand this, since they are built this way. From what I have seen I have certain advantages over other people.
The most obvious one are things related to neuroticism.
For example I don't have problems with stress because of my rationality. For example: I have never broke anything in my life because I was pissed off at someone or something. It is not unusual that people try to comfort me and they end up disturbed since I am handling situation a way too well.
What is one more manifestation of low neuroticism.

People usually say that they can't comprehend that someone can do things that are hard and don't make the person happy. Since they would get bored and annoyed quite fast.
The answer is quite simple actually: Because they don't make me unhappy.
Some people chew this explanation easier and some harder.

This is because retionality reduces both aspects a good one and a bad one.
But this is not just because T (deficit of F) the other thing is that my introversion and intuition mixed with rationality are creating personal world in my head. That is very well developed in my case.
I can do boring things since I am not there. My body is but my mind is not.
Personally I think this is one of my greatest strengths since it is quite hard to get me bored. This is like having a book always with you. Since I will aways think about something or analyse or plan.

The main reason why I have this kind of a mind and I am able to maintain it lies in a fact that I don't think that life has a purpose. Actually I think that the very idea of purpose is man made and it does not exists in reality.
I think that I have saved myself from a lot of problems in life with this because this line of thought created the atmosphere where I don't have worry about thing. What in the end means that I have lost one of the strongest emotion factories in life this way. What opend a space for even more analysing. What in the end created a personality it created over the years.

Another reason why this works is because I see the outcomes and possibilities clearly in many cases. But I am quite rational and J so I focus on outcomes or things that lead to them. As person I am almost never in present. I am always focused on future and I use past as a potential databank. My brain simpley does not alow me to take a brake from this. This will manifests itself in one way or the other way but it will be always there.

This is where thing start to becaome very interesting since with this connection with mainstream behaviour is sevearly damaged. Since it alows me a degree of freedom I would never be able to have otherwise.
Which is becuase I am not afraid to look in a direction where things are not pretty and I am able to avoid depression because of this.
I can analyse whatever I want and it will not have any strong efects on me since thinking on a level good - bad is greatly reduced.
For example my thinking about history of Earth and universe led me to conclusion that Mankind can't survive in this reality. But I am not bothered by this at all since I fail to see why that would be something bad.
Actually one of my biggest problems is that I usually can't share my thoughts with others without making them depressed.

This is one of the main reason why I am not too strong on Fi. I simply don't see the point of having many values. In a way this is no different from sitation when P attack J that he/she plans before they know all the facts.

But because of my way of life and good intuiton I can afford stronger planning. However bacause of strong rationalty I dont plan always since I know that this is not a wise choice always.
What is one more sign of F deficit since I can't do things just like that. I have to explain almost everything to myself and give myself reasons why would I do this or that .

Since I have this amount of rationality I have managed to develope good planning skills and I live by them. Since I am alone most of the time I can plan by a quite extensive degree since number of variables is not big and number of values that needs to be preserved is not too big either.

All of this can sound very boring or cold but I think it is actually not since emotional deficit opens a gate to entirely new/different way of living. Since many problems in a way are not problems anymore and intellectual freedom you get will make sure you have always something to do.
This post perhaps is not ideal expanation since it does not shows how much energy is actully needed for this.

I am quite alive as a person but I am alive in a different way then most people.

This posts talks about things in general way, more specific are left for the thread.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
hypothetically speaking, if someone didnt want to read several pages, how would you sum this up for them? hypothetically, of course.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
hypothetically speaking, if someone didnt want to read several pages, how would you sum this up for them? hypothetically, of course.

If we overlook the fact that this is a shot version, the point of the story would be that people that are very T don't invest less energie in lfe then others. In a way they invest more and they get certain bonuses which other don't.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No one who can write posts that long is emotionally dead. Or even close to being emotionally dead. For someone who is a low neurotic, I think you spend an inordinate amount of time obsessing that you think other people think that you aren't "human" enough.

Are you a pariah? A missionary? A savant?

Maybe I'm naive, but from what you speak of your life... You sound happy. Or at least content, with both your lot in life and your own personality. Do you need to justify yourself? Spread a "message" like those who have attacked you?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
feel the same as the other two...only read the first few sentences because really it's way too long...but if YOU are okay with the way you are...then i guess my question is why do you care?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
No one who can write posts that long is emotionally dead. Or even close to being emotionally dead. For someone who is a low neurotic, I think you spend an inordinate amount of time obsessing that you think other people think that you aren't "human" enough.

Are you a pariah? A missionary? A savant?

Maybe I'm naive, but from what you speak of your life... You sound happy. Or at least content, with both your lot in life and your own personality. Do you need to justify yourself? Spread a "message" like those who have attacked you?

I said that I am not emotionally dead. I am not doing this because of myself I am doing this because this side of rationlity is not shown enogh here.
I have done a number of posts and threads about emotions lately so I want to close the story with this.
I don't consider myself attacked just missunderstood.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
misunderstood or just not related to? i feel like you've done pretty decent job of explaining your position, who you are and how you function. i think many people get it but not many people ARE the same way.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
misunderstood or just not related to? i feel like you've done pretty decent job of explaining your position, who you are and how you function. i think many people get it but not many people ARE the same way.

That depends on who you you calculate in. Here I am generally better understood then in real life. Which could be because I use my undeveloped F much more here then in real life.
As I said this thread supposed to be a conclusion.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a conclusion with or without feedback? are you looking for resolve? because i can't help if i don't know what you want....but sorry i can't read all of that....mostly because i just think it's more of what you've already said and i just don't know what your objective is.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
a conclusion with or without feedback? are you looking for resolve? because i can't help if i don't know what you want....but sorry i can't read all of that....mostly because i just think it's more of what you've already said and i just don't know what your objective is.

That is true, a degree of things posted is already posted before but this time I have gathered them in one place and posted them in as a big post.
Objective is: if someone want to comment or talk about living life as strong T they have a place to do it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i see...so you thought it might be cool to have a discussion with other like minded people?
okay...i guess i have nothing to add then, carry on. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ that is weird.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read half of it. :) I say, hey, if it's working for you being that way and you have no desire to change anything, then good on you, and may the rest of your life continue to be contentful as well.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read half of it. :) I say, hey, if it's working for you being that way and you have no desire to change anything, then good on you, and may the rest of your life continue to be contentful as well.

that's what i'm saying. if you're happy than no worries mate.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
What do you see as the point? Of the things that you achieve, of overcoming the situations you've mentioned (that other people believe you should be more stressed out by). Is there a point? If not, why do it? Does this matter?

I'm not attacking. I'm curious.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First I want to say that I am not emotionally dead. But I am not that far from it either. Especially by other peoples standards.
I am interested of opinions of NTs and comments/questions of Fs are quite welcome also. Since it is about the side of rationality that is not mentioned on this forum too much.
This posts talks about thing in general way, more specific are left for the thread.

In real life it is not unusual that people see me as a person that has no soul.
What is not that far from the truth since I am quite uninterested in pretty much everithing the average person is and what it is close to their hearts.
You name it : food , sports , cars , women , alcohol , drugs , money patriotism, ...... even things like arts and movies are in this category for me.

It is not even that much unusual that the other person asks " Do you even feel anything?". Since from the position of the other person I can appear like I am totally empty and in a way I am.
For example I know that some familiy members will die in not too far future.
So I have analysed their condition and marked my calendar. I don't want anyone dead, it is just that I don't see the alternative and I would not like to be caught by suprise by this. I am well aware that this can sound quite heartless to someone but this is the way I operate.

Same worths when it comes to people problems. I don't feel for people.
I am sorry but I don't do that even if it is somthing quite bad. Like dead baby or plenty of dead in natural disaster. However I offer a possible solution(s) almost always.

Also I don't know what romantic love actually is. Since I have never sense it.
Another thing is that I don't have spiritual feeling and I have never prayed in my entire life (not even once) Etc.
Some people say to me that they would rather die then live life like I live mine. Since there is no warmth in it at all.

But there is twist in all of this which people tend to overlook.
It is not their fault it is just that they don't experiance/have this/my approach.

The thing is that I am not too emotional person but my mind is hyperactive all the time. It never shuts down or it is really relaxed.
I am always thinking, analysing or planning something. For me it is normal that I spend 4-8 hours inside my 4 walls each day just thinking about things.It is not even related to collage, I just think about things.
Studing and classes are extra time on that.

I don't do this for any perticular reason it is just the way I am built.
I when look at other people I must admit that feelings can turn people day/life into hell. It looks that people don't even understand this, since they are built this way. From what I have seen I have certain advantages over other people.
The most obvious one are things related to neuroticism.
For example I don't have problems with stress because of my rationality. For example: I have never broke anything in my life because I was pissed off at someone or something. It is not unusual that people try to comfort me and they end up disturbed since I am handling situation a way too well.
What is one more manifestation of low neuroticism.

People usually say that they can't comprehend that someone can do things that are hard and don't make the person happy. Since they would get bored and annoyed quite fast.
The answer is quite simple actually: Because they don't make me unhappy.
Some people chew this explanation easier and some harder.

This is because retionality reduces both aspects a good one and a bad one.
But this is not just because T (deficit of F) the other thing is that my introversion and intuition mixed with rationality are creating personal world in my head. That is very well developed in my case.
I can do boring things since I am not there. My body is but my mind is not.
Personally I think this is one of my greatest strengths since it is quite hard to get me bored. This is like having a book always with you. Since I will aways think about something or analyse or plan.

The main reason why I have this kind of a mind and I am able to maintain it lies in a fact that I don't think that life has a purpose. Actually I think that the very idea of purpose is man made and it does not exists in reality.
I think that I have saved myself from a lot of problems in life with this because this line of thought created the atmosphere where I don't have worry about thing. What in the end means that I have lost one of the strongest emotion factories in life this way. What opend a space for even more analysing. What in the end created a personality it created over the years.

Another reason why this works is because I see the outcomes and possibilities clearly in many cases. But I am quite rational and J so I focus on outcomes or things that lead to them. As person I am almost never in present. I am always focused on future and I use past as a potential databank. My brain simpley does not alow me to take a brake from this. This will manifests itself in one way or the other way but it will be always there.

This is where thing start to becaome very interesting since with this connection with mainstream behaviour is sevearly damaged. Since it alows me a degree of freedom I would never be able to have otherwise.
Which is becuase I am not afraid to look in a direction where things are not pretty and I am able to avoid depression because of this.
I can analyse whatever I want and it will not have any strong efects on me since thinking on a level good - bad is greatly reduced.
For example my thinking about history of Earth and universe led me to conclusion that Mankind can't survive in this reality. But I am not bothered by this at all since I fail to see why that would be something bad.
Actually one of my biggest problems is that I usually can't share my thoughts with others without making them depressed.

This is one of the main reason why I am not too strong on Fi. I simply don't see the point of having many values. In a way this is no different from sitation when P attack J that he/she plans before they know all the facts.

But because of my way of life and good intuiton I can afford stronger planning. However bacause of strong rationalty I dont plan always since I know that this is not a wise choice always.
What is one more sign of F deficit since I can't do things just like that. I have to explain almost everything to myself and give myself reasons why would I do this or that .

Since I have this amount of rationality I have managed to develope good planning skills and I live by them. Since I am alone most of the time I can plan by a quite extensive degree since number of variables is not big and number of values that needs to be preserved is not too big either.

All of this can sound very boring or cold but I think it is actually not since emotional deficit opens a gate to entirely new/different way of living. Since many problems in a way are not problems anymore and intellectual freedom you get will make sure you have always something to do.
This post perhaps is not ideal expanation since it does not shows how much energy is actully needed for this.

I am quite alive as a person but I am alive in a different way then most people.

This posts talks about things in general way, more specific are left for the thread.

For a long time I felt as though I did not feel anything, and I will tell you why. I could not relate to the THINGS other people loved, as you say, like cars, money, and blah blah blah. So it made me feel totally crazy and apathetic to the point where I wondered if there were seriously something wrong with me. Then, I realized I just appreciate *different* things. It's not that I don't feel - I just feel differently and passionate about radically different things, and to fit in, you sometimes have to *suppress* your feelings because otherwise people look at you like :wacko:. But that doesn't mean that you don't feel or can't feel - it just means that you need that special catalyst that fosters that little reaction so that you have fireworks....

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Do you have any goals in life AO? If so, why? Emotionally dead is obviously not the same thing as dead. I mean animals aren't dead either.

I mean no offense by these questions btw, just trying to understand why/how a strong T such as yourself sees life.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
For someone who sees no reason for people and exists on such a "logical" realm why do you post in a forum? I must tell you I see the OPost as a way to justify not feeling like you "fit in" or something similar.

Someone had to say it.