• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Perversion

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I know very little about it other than the definition.
I'm interested in the idea though.

Oxford: Perversion said:
perversion |pərˈvər zh ən|
noun
the alteration of something from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended : the perversion of Marxist theory to justify Soviet policymaking | a scandalous perversion of the law.
• sexual behavior or desire that is considered abnormal or unacceptable.
Oxford: Pervert v. said:
pervert
verb |pərˈvərt| [ trans. ]
alter (something) from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended : he was charged with conspiring to pervert the course of justice.
• lead (someone) away from what is considered right, natural, or acceptable : Hector is a man who is simply perverted by his time.

Also, no need to discuss sex perverts -- I'd say by this time, everyone is very familiar with the concept of sex perverts.
Wasted of space.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
They should add (tendancies of indoeuropean languages) They have a nack for having 10,000 ways to say one thing to make it more politically correct.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Perversion is being off the norme. I create my norme. Therefore not complying to my norme when in my realm is perverse.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
It was brought to my attention that this was a bad thread because I didn't ask a question.
When I enforced that I don't have to ask a question for there to be discussion, I was met with the argument that my original post wasn't clear or specific enough.

Well that's the idea.
I don't want it to be clear.
In the first place, I don't know enough about it to be clear or specific.

The idea was that maybe people would tell a story or expound on the idea of perversion.

It's not complicated: Say whatever you want as long as it pertains to perversion.

It's just an information conglomerate.

I'm particularly interested in perverse psychology (not Freud) which is why I put it in this subforum.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When something disturbs the karmic flow of things.
Killing things or people in the right context is fine.
But only when it is necessary.
Much like trimming a tree so that it grows healthily.

In the case of murder - i think the only healthy way to do it would be in defense of another or one's self.
EDIT: everything else would be perverse - as if you could not infer that for yourself:doh:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx

Sunny is standing by to see whether there are any perversions relevant to her interests, so she can jump right in at the right moment.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
Sunny is standing by to see whether there are any perversions relevant to her interests, so she can jump right in at the right moment.

i see one! :moodeath: edgar's death is imminent.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I think the present culture is moving toward obliteration of the concept of perversion. The "do your own thing" is the present persuasion.

What's perverse for me? Anything which causes problems in my life and doesn't support health.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think the present culture is moving toward obliteration of the concept of perversion. The "do your own thing" is the present persuasion.
Well you know I don't see that anyone really does 'their own thing'.
In my experience it's quite the opposite. I see a perverted lot of imitation.
Moreso now than in any culture I've read about.

That may be due entirely to the fact that we don't record imitation -- only the interesting tidbits; the defining moments of an era.

I think that rather than doing our own thing, we all like to think we do our own thing. As long as we can conjure one or two examples of individuality per mention of the idea, we feel confident that we are truly individual, but in genuine truth we're not.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Gotcha on that one, Nocap. Pervasive (and perverted) mass media has everyone on the bandwagon thinking they've discovered something unique and hopefully perverse enough to get attention.

I wonder how far we can push the limits before there's nothing which will make us look badass anymore. We'll have to depend on our own flimsy resources, I spose.

Does this mean that whatever won't be flogging people for my amusement any longer? Too vanilla, I'm guessing.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
We are all humans. "The norm" isn't just defined by society/upbringing but by instinct.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
So. If enough people seek out the "abnormal" as a trend, it becomes normal? Is that what you're saying, sytpg?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Instinct is hardly observable except menifest in cooperation with societal norms.

Have you anything to say about perversion of instinct or...

What are you talking about?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well I can only really speak about myself but the reason why I don't have a foot fetish isn't because society would think I'm weird and it isn't because I chose not to have a foot fetish. It's just not me. So I'm thinking it has got to do with hardwiring and ultimately instinct.

So. If enough people seek out the "abnormal" as a trend, it becomes normal? Is that what you're saying, sytpg?

No I actually meant the opposite :)
It's not all about choice, that's what I'm saying basically. Just like sexual orientation isn't about choice.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well I can only really speak about myself but the reason why I don't have a foot fetish isn't because society would think I'm weird and it isn't because I chose not to have a foot fetish. It's just not me. So I'm thinking it has got to do with hardwiring and ultimately instinct.
How can you be so sure that rather than your instinct being in opposition to foot fetish, that it's not instinct to be accepted?
Instinct can be at least made analogic to unconscious reasoning, which is, by definition, unconscious.

I don't see how you can see into that with such confidence.
But then, an Fi type would think they could.

No I actually meant the opposite :)
It's not all about choice, that's what I'm saying basically. Just like sexual orientation isn't about choice.
That's a bunch of nonsense. It might not be a conscious decision, but I guarantee it's a choice. In nature, there's no such thing as exclusive homosexuality. There is such a thing on occasion, but it's mostly out of pleasure -- ostensibly meditated.

How is it that the species with the most advanced conscious faculty is the one more driven by unnatural instinct?

Are you going to make some comparative claim about humans raccoons in that the industrialization and permanently alterred environment causes us to change our habits so drastically due to irreparable confusion?

Appreciate the coon.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
How can you be so sure that rather than your instinct being in opposition to foot fetish, that it's not instinct to be accepted?

Instinct can be at least made analogic to unconscious reasoning, which is, by definition, unconscious.

I don't see how you can see into that with such confidence.
But then, an Fi type would think they could.

Everyone knows what they fantasize about, inside their head, in the privacy of seclusion. Also, everyone has idiosyncrasies which they can pinpoint. I'm comfortable enough to lie about having a foot fetish, so this is how I know I'm not consciously bound to social norm.

Can you attribute any common human urge (say, like eating) to instinct rather than social norm? Where do you draw the line?

That's a bunch of nonsense. It might not be a conscious decision, but I guarantee it's a choice. In nature, there's no such thing as exclusive homosexuality. There is such a thing on occasion, but it's mostly out of pleasure -- ostensibly meditated.

How is it that the species with the most advanced conscious faculty is the one more driven by unnatural instinct?

How can a choice be made unconsciously? And how can you guarantee that, as an Ti type? :p Would you call left-handedness a choice?

Btw, I don't know if I see this consciousness/instinct dichotomy as clear cut as most people seem to do. Consciousness isn't emancipating us from instinctual bounds. Sometimes it is reinforcing them.

Mole

Permabanned
How can a choice be made unconsciously?

Well of course it can't because choice, like analysis, judgement and humour, is a cognitive function not an unconscious function.

It's interesting that in the unconscious there is no positive and negative. So it's like saying, "Don't think of pink elephant", and saying, "Do think of a pink elephant". The result is the same - you get the same image. Well, the unconsious operates in the same way.

And in exactly the same way, the unconscious cannot choose.

The unconscious can present but it cannot choose.

That is why it is vital to make the unconscious, conscious.

Because it is only in the conscious mind that we can make moral choices.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Left-handedness is a choice. Mayhap not initially, you instinctively pick up whichever one you lean toward. You choose to keep left-handedness though.. As you can easily be taught to do things other ways. My father's right handed now from a badly broken left arm, and just never decided to switch back to left handed when his arm fixed.

Instinct can only guide you.. choices are what makes us in the end. Anorexics have the instinct to eat, but they choose not to.. Maybe I'm missing your point Sy.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
None of this has anything to do with perversion.