• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

the foundations of you & key times in your present type.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
How much of your personality your 'type' can you say finds it's roots in your early childhood.
Knowing that of course the brain evolves so you can't expect a 1 years old to be conceptualizing but Well, comparativly to all the other kids at least.

And how much has been defined by key events and decisions in your life. Why did you make those choices and why at those times?

How does it seems to be evolving ?

Are you\have you actively worked on changing or coming back to former aspects of your personality?
here, thought it could be interesting, I'll post later when I'm back from my exam and my head stops spinning from stimulants and caffein abuse :cheese:

kisses and hugs
Ur friendly thread creator and forum buddy
-EcK- :hug:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
or meditate upon it, put it in a little notebook so you're grand children will find it and think that maybe in the end you wasn't really an asshole, also had dreams and aspiration.

So they'll take your rotting corpse out of the compost heap and give you a proper burial.

It's just that I'm hearing about people changing types and so on all the time.
As far as I can remember I've always been an entp. Not always like I am now but even while i used to act more introverted because of some life events lets say I still was very different from my intp friends

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really just not understanding what the OP wants us to do.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
People who think they have changed type are mistaken.
It doesn't happen...
unless a person suffers an accident and gets brain damage...
then it can happen... but obviously, that's not the norm.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
me neither :cry:

Let me try : P

G

garbage

I've always been dutiful, resourceful, future-oriented, and logically-minded but with a strong empathetic streak.

I was also apparently pretty talkative around my immediate family and others that I was closest to, but certain events during my childhood caused me to withdraw.. so I'd mistaken myself as an introvert because of my lack of assertiveness.

I became much more comfortable with myself over time, and from there I've only become more empathetic and relaxed overall.. that began to come when I graduated with my masters degree, stopped focusing on my career, and started experiencing other areas of life.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
A quick trait breakdown.

E:
I was the nasty kid starting all the ruckus, the one you don't want to put with the other kids if you want them to sit quiet.

N:
Always been out of sync with the other kids, reading books when others' read stories about pink teddy bears (I'm not saying pink teddy bears ain't the awesomness). Had my head in the clouds, always losing things and a 'big picture \can't you see the relation between ducks and quantum physics' sort of guy. A really typical N sense of humor also (relating seemingly unconnected things, coming up with things that just aren't obvious in the context, very 2nd degree etc)

T: Used to be quite sensitive at times, I can remember crying because of people freezing in the streets, I'd always give them coins and a smile.
I'd say I had more F. But I think every kid has more F.
Fi I just don't know, but I had more Fe for sure.

P: Ow, that's the one thing that never changes. I've always been a mess, always getting excited by new things and seing the 'end goal' as something of an uninteresting potential effect of novelty.

So what changed ?
Key event: When I was a kid my parents suddently started having huge financial troubles and I went from the rich kid to the one with the second hand clothes, holes in my shoes and being brought up to fear people ringing to the door and taking furnitures away : P.
My father who's somewhat of an ExTJ just couldn't stand the loss of social status and control over his life. I could hear screams every day, and I had to be the 6 years old controlling both side so they don't start arguing.
well stuffs like that anyway.
I was always a turbulent kid but also somewhat appart of the other kids because I was what u'd call bright. The family troubles then set me on a more introverted path. Went through depression after depression, lost taste in everything including reading\thinking\going out. Spent my nights awake and slept during classes.
I think it was a way to avoid people, on the other hand I sougt socialization through video games and any activities that allowed me to 'cut off' at any times.
I can clearly see I was NTP. About the E, an entp function are Ne Ti Fe Si ideally and I just don't see the Intp tiertary S in me.
My interactions with intps were : I was always the 'leader', always more big picture\A to Z thinking. Better at dealing with people, getting out of trouble for skipping classes, sweet talks and all that social stuff.
My thinking patern've always been very messy and more people oriented than for all intps I know, especially when it comes to read people. Except for the giving coins to hobbo thing I don't think I've ever been a feeler. Kids have weaker T functions that is all.

Key event 2: I went through a romantic relation that led me to rethink what the hell i've been doing with my life. By 17-18 I simply wasn't that smart kid anymore. I was just another intellectual type. All talk no balls.
So I kicked my own ass into doing instead of thinking 'dude, I totally can do that'.

I then started to shed that protective shell I had built around myself.
After my A level i went to mauritius island with the best guy ever, my intp sidekick and that ever cheerful dude that is now a dear friend.
This is when I finished shedding my past away.

My high school years were finished, I had discovered that people just gave me the energy I never got out of 'chilling alone'. I could now be whoever I wanted to be.

How it's evolving?
I'd say I'm more of an entp as time passes.
In my 'I' years I was still really different from people such as my INTP sidekick.
I think it's a safe bet to say I've always been somewhat of an entp. I just don't see any other type fitting.

Last edited:

sade

I was pretty much like an INJ kid, as a child.
But I remember being more collected as a child, very calm, quiet, wanted to do things on my own, sometimes my temper woud flare. I was a really serious child, and curious even if the curiosity didn't include people. Sometime around 13 I remember changing, getting a softer side. And a tough shell during the years that followed.
I'm trying to shed some of the shell now though.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm.
I guess i've always been about the same. The S developed a bit more as I got older. I think I had better ability to think outside the box as a kid, but I guess adulthood can smother imagination. I have always been very observant and aware of my surroundings. I have always been a feeler. I think I was more sensitive as a child. Easily frightened. I never know between the introvert and the extrovert. The sensitivity and awareness has always made me kind of an introverted extrovert I guess. Its changed because as I get older, I can find ways of dealing with anxiety. I've always been super friendly and a people-magnet, so no events really led to the growing of my extroversion. But after a very long time of being surrounded by people, the extroversion slowly grew more and more. I was an only child but always had neighborhood friends. The P is always irritatingly present. Never had many J qualities, despite life trying to demand it, and being raised by a strong J parent.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Ah, childhood, my favorite topic.(Sorry for the rose-colored memory lenses)
How much of your personality your 'type' can you say finds it's roots in your early childhood.
All of it? I was always very empathetic to people and would be the chronic pet rescuer.I had As all over my school record, I loved my friends and was not at all the "domestic" type. I was a busybody, always running outside, "play-talking" with my siblings,(I swear, we'd just make up stories and talk for entire days. No video games, no running around for three days.). Also, people would overprotect me by hiding information from me so I used my "intuition" to know what was usually going on. Basically I lived in imagination, fear, duties, excitement, emotionally loaded situations, books and bikes. There wasn't a thing I wouldn't "stick" my finger into. Oh, and I was/am a NERD/BOOKWORM!
Now, I've been depressed for the past years and extremely confused. I became very reclusive and negative, which is not what I am in truth.
It's lessened and I can literally "feel the life coming back to me".(Sounds weird for a 17 year old but yeah...really I feel like myself again.)
What has evolved is probably the energy level, awareness of boundaries and maturity is all.
I don't feel changed a lot.