• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts are LOSERS

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Are introverts losers?

Yes. Die now, all of you. :devil:

That's a jooooooke, babies.

PS. If furry-lover above is representative of E, then I might want to switch to I.

elementaltale

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I find his add amusing considering the fact that I have friends and did not have to become a complete jerk like him to do it. I don't think that he is aware that the reason that I am introvert is because I like to AVOID people like that.

I mean, who wants to be around a person who is so wrapped into themselves that they forget that you are there?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been hearing that almost my entire life. "You need to be more assertive", "you need to be more outgoing", "you need to practice being like so and so", etc. Sometimes I tried, sometimes it made me feel badly about myself. I'm pretty okay with it now and have made decisions with the assumption that I am who I actually am. The positive side is that I don't care that much what people think especially now.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
You guys are not losers, I love you all.:hug: I mean, you guys are still inferior to extroverts but we still like you none the less.:D

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
OMFG LMFAO do they *seriously* think this will work??

Lovely.

In that case, I'd move to another country or never leave my home. That sounds... *shudder*

LOL My sentiments exactly. :rofl1:

Last edited:
R

Riva

I think it's probably a book for extroverts.

Y'know, E's who miss-type themselves as "introverted" but still feel lost without other people.

i agree with this.

or it could be for introverts who desperately need to be admired or loved?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Extroversion does offer a definite social advantage.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that extroverts probably average more success in most careers than introverts, simply because they're more willing to interact with others to find opportunities for success.

I believe ENFJ to be the most socially advantageous type--I try to craft an ENFJ image in public/at work or around people I don't know and have no reason to show my real personality to.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
Just when you thought reading might make you less of a tool...

you get points simply for saying the word tool. What a perfect description of him though.

Half my life I heard negative comments about introversion and it's truly BS. Introversion is simply the way that I deal with personal energy.

But society lables it "bad."

Yes. I've always been led to believe I would fail at life forever if I am to stay the way I am. I personally see it as alot of less stress and a bit of a reasurrance that I'm stable within myself and posess my own means of doing things.

I'm a proud introvert. I have no desire to change, and you can't make me!

Of course we're losers- and I'm DAMN proud of being one!

yes. Agreed.

A little hard to swallow, but... yes, that's the kind of person I've always tried not to be, so it only makes sense. But... what if you don't even know how to jump in in the first place, because you can't even see how to get to the pool? If I knew how to jump in, I'd probably be able to figure it out from there, somehow...

I'm starting much, much further back than most people seem to think, here. Unfortunately I always manage to come across as far more well-adjusted than I actually am.

This is the point where you sit there and look at yourself and go "My god this is pathetic. Do I dislike the way I am? (y/n) Do I want to change? "(y/n)
If you answered yes to those questions (lol, sales pitch), sometimes you simply have to tell yourself that you've fallen behind. When I get all whiny and mopey, I talk to A) Myself because I'm an ass and get over it quickly, or B) my other INTJ friend who is an ass and I get over it quickly. I realized at some point that there's people SO MUCH worse off than me, in life's physical and societal aspects and within themselvs, that my issues need to be dealt with and I have to move on. I have a similar problem- I've fallen back into a but of a slump, especially with art. I need a scholarship to get into school, and art was and still is my way out. And yet I'm one of the least productive kids in the class. I can blame it on "Oh, I've had alot of new responsibilities at home like making dinner and cleaning it up and supervising my younger siblings and oh there's so much pain in my life blah blah failed family that b roke apart oh poor me", or "yeah well I'm just so tired and I can't focus at home because of the yelling and I'm not allowed to do this and this and I have this responsibility others don't, etc. etc.", when in all reality its my fault. I have to make time if it means that much to me. Maybe walk a bit faster to get home in less time, clean up early, etc. Either way at the end of the day it comes down to the fact that I live a pampered life in comparison to millions everywhere else. I have a home, I have a bed to call my own. Sure I'm definitely not the average American with a happy rich family, but I have so much compared to the rest of the world.

Some see this strategy as self-deprivation or bad for my self-esteem, when in all reality its what gets me to realize how lucky I am. Maybe this can work for you in a sense. Now this post is like a million miles long because I felt the need to quote every other person on here and went hideously off topic, but still. Not to be a hard-ass or underestimate your mental prowess (because honestly I'd hate if someone did that to me. This is more of a compliment, if anything) but, well, get over yourself. You obviously have the capacity and ability to, something it takes years for some and never for most. If you'd like not to lay there all day then go do something. I realize oftentimes mental blocks are much more difficult than real-life ones, but if you honestly want to be the person you envision, you need to get over yourself first.

And now I sound like the biggest asshole on earth, haha. Makin' friends, makin' friends...

MBTI Type
ENTP
The website wasn't half as funny as some of the posts here responding to it.

"um, actually, I think that introverts are not always losers. I am an introvert who is successful in life. I am an introvert but I am content for I have great joy and love in my heart."

"ohh this person is so mean. I am so very worried that some people will fall for his shenanigans!"

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I really think the person was just trying to make a good sales page. He's probably a regular internet marketer who couldn't care less about the topic of his ebooks.

There's plenty of disgruntled introverts out there just waiting to be marketed to.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I really think the person was just trying to make a good sales page. He's probably a regular internet marketer who couldn't care less about the topic of his ebooks.

There's plenty of disgruntled introverts out there just waiting to be marketed to.

Yes.

Then again, I have to wonder, how come I'm an introvert and people keep telling me to be less assertive, while I feel like I'm letting them walk all over me already?

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
I thought it was a riot.

"how to get inside people’s heads and make them think you’re being honest with them, whether you are or not"

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I knew that add would get here somehow. I am not a loser despite what people at school would say. There are too many narrow minded guardians and artisans.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
There are narrow-minded rationals and idealists, too.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
There are narrow-minded rationals and idealists, too.

I let the people at school go on with their own lives as they desire, yet they seemingly want to take me out of my armor. For the last time, I'm not comming out of my mental hazmat suit!

roseille

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Twenty years ago, this would have sold like hotcakes. Then came the internet.

I dislike the guy and his stupid book for a simple reason: It's a shitty scam sell. It's not original or creative. It's not good. It's something guys have been doing on TV for about a decade now. Hell, it's the basis of the Christian religion! "You are a sinner, and you're going to hell. If you don't want to go to hell, buy this book!" See? Same thing.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
I can't believe someone would write something like this. :shock:

However, I can't help commenting on some phrases. Here they are:

how to use manipulative psychology to alter the thinking of other people and make them like, respect and admire you

-Is there such a thing as manipulative psychology? Btw, people are brought up in different environments and form/adopt their own creeds/principles in life. Based on the comments posted here in the thread about your book, it really shows that you can't even make us like, respect, and admire you.

how to prevent damaging behavior like “self talk” which inhibits socially productive responses leaving you behind

-I believe that calling self-talk as a damaging behavior is purely subjective. And what do you mean "leaving you behind"? You're treating it like it's a race for who's got the most friends/who's the most popular. I'm proud to be an introvert because even if I have only a few close friends, I really have a lot of common with them(one of them is an extrovert) and that makes long-lasting friendships.

how to evoke positive responses from people, no matter what you’re saying to them

-Haha..I have yet to see the person/people who does that. :laugh:

how to remove feelings of doubt, fear and uncertainly in social situations

-I just hope that I'll see you ALIVE next time. :D

how to use people to your advantage, as opposed to having them use you

-It depends on how you perceive the word "use".

how to become popular and successful just like me and reap all that society and life has to offer

-The popular people I've known in school and in my country's history are downright humble. They don't say the things you're saying to us introverts.