• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts are LOSERS

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like being an introvert. I may not have liked it in middle school, but it's who I am now. This book assumes that people are all introverts because of social anxiety - this isn't necessarily so. Many healthy introverts just get overstimulated or overwhelmed by people talking to them all the time. Introverts need space to think and feel and create. Why would I want to change that?

As an aside, several decades the word "introvert" was interchangable with "homosexual." I guess the same twisted thinking that brought us churches who were convinced they could turn gays straight published this book. I'm not homosexual, I'm just saying...

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
introverts arent loosers. people jsut dont realise not everyone is playing the extravert game. darn, 3:1/E:I ratio.

As an aside, several decades the word "introvert" was interchangable with "homosexual."

are you sure it wasn't "invert" which is an old fashioned word for homosexual.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
3:1/E:I ratio.

The statistic is more like 57% introvert, 43% extravert. The 3:1 ratio is over 60 years old. More accurate studies have been made since then, and people just haven't caught up with the new statistics. I'd imagine extraverts are just noticed more often, regardless of the reason why they're noticed.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
The statistic is more like 57% introvert, 43% extravert. The 3:1 ratio is over 60 years old. More accurate studies have been made since then, and people just haven't caught up with the new statistics. I'd imagine extraverts are just noticed more often, regardless of the reason why they're noticed.

really. i had no idea. thats interesting.
is it because of the way society has changed since then and now people are getting in touch with their introversion or was the first study just wrong?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
there is no difference between extroveryts and introverts.

Only difference between "extroversion culture" and "introversion culture".

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
there is no difference between extroveryts and introverts.

Only difference between "extroversion culture" and "introversion culture".

do extraverts practise extraversion culture and introverts practise introversion culture with slight meddlings in the opposite all being a part of that one culture?
or
would you deny that people have a preferance for one over the other. thus putting people into two groups again.

did i miss your point?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
do extraverts practise extraversion culture and introverts practise introversion culture with slight meddlings in the opposite all being a part of that one culture?
or
would you deny that people have a preferance for one over the other. thus putting people into two groups again.

did i miss your point?

:jew:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
really. i had no idea. thats interesting.
is it because of the way society has changed since then and now people are getting in touch with their introversion or was the first study just wrong?

Both?

hommefatal

OMG, what a retarded thread. Introverts just don't care about appearance. Introverts tend to be more kind than extraverts so this is ridiculous.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
OMG, what a retarded thread. Introverts just don't care about appearance. Introverts tend to be more kind than extraverts so this is ridiculous.
ofc the statement is retarded but ur interpretation of it so so so simplisticly wrong in the "ugly people are nice because everybody's beautiful inside' kind of way that I just had to say it.

I don't see how introverts would be geniunely kinder than extroverts.

I mean yeah you can state it, but then you'd have to follow through with the logics and say that's because extroverted individual tend in average to have higher social status and that introverts would then, in average, be more likely to display shows of empathy and gift giving in a behavior known to be advantageous for their survival rate (see vampire bats for more references).

In other words there's nothing more elevated about it, it's just an alternative strategy to compete with the relative reproductive advantage of alpha males\females.

H_Times_24-05-07_Kids_learn_to_think_scientifically.jpg

If kids can do it :coffee:

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
ITA...the comment that started this thread really wasn't funny, people need
to think before they open their mouths...I mean there are extraverts that do-
n't get to go out and party even though they'd want to either because either
they don't have enough money with not being able to get the kind of job they
want, things around them get too busy or other people get busy and are un-
available...it's like being antagonized to find the things you try to busy yourse
lf with to deal with that boring.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I castrated the author. Then used his balls for golf.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
If there weren't any introverts how could we tell the extroverts? We can't tell the day without the night, the white without the black, the good from the bad. etc..

TheDaringHatTrick

MBTI Type
XNFJ
Bah, I'm all for a little extroversion every now and again, but there's nothing wrong with being into yourself a bit more.

Some of the greatest minds in our fine and long history have been introverts; do you think Edison would've had patented the lightbulb if he was out picking up chicks at the local tavern? Pfft.

Out of curiosity, anyone notice how all these advertisments for these sort of e-books all look the same? The page-scroll after page-scroll of testimonials and product/self-glorifying bullshit, followed by a paypal/visa option. $99.00 for your thoughts?

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Einstein: INTP. George Washington: ISTJ. Stepehen Hawking: INTJ. Thomas Jefferson: INTP. I think I've made my point.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's probably a scam, but I hate stupidity like this. It makes both introverts and extroverts both look horrible. I hate "popular" people. And I hate that some introverts think us extroverts are all like that. Well, only a few, but still.
I'm an extrovert but I'm shy as hell. Does that make me a loser?