• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts are LOSERS

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Wow, I love the way the main page sells the book. It's brilliant, and I appreciate brilliance. It's perfectly straight to the point. This isn't going to trick anybody. People don't "fall" for this kind of thing. They're either going to look into something they want to learn about, or they'll laugh and leave the site. Everybody who is offended and talking about it is just helping to promote the book.

The Popular Guy says "While you’re living in fantasy land, I’m milking the real world for everything it offers: popularity, admiration, endless friends, sex, and success. But you don’t want that anyway, right? Lie to yourself."

Well, you're either lying to yourself or you're not. I don't see what the big deal is. You're all getting defensive. It's funny. You're making it look like he's right. (Part of the brilliance.)

The book is probably easily worth $30 if that's the kind of information you want. And I'm sure the guy has a lot of unique points that you won't find anywhere else. Sometimes bold language, straight talk, and facts are necessary for making an impact. It's his job to really make you think, but the thoughts you leave with are yours and yours alone. You're not going to believe anything you don't agree with. He gives you information that forces you to take a stance - essential for progress. Even if you'd never do anything with the knowledge directly, it would still be fun to read, and I certainly have respect for anyone who is trying to better themselves. You have to start somewhere, whether it's buying a book and realizing you make bad decisions or buying a book and actually examining everything it says to see what out of it you can utilize to improve your life. It's as simple as that.

Keep in mind that none of you have actually read the book.

Finally, someone looks at a post like this in the right way. I love how people make threads like this, and then people attack the person or get offended. I admit, I started processing what he said, but I left it in my head and then changed my thoughts. I have no use in belittling him in the thread.

I agree that's a possible ENTJ, though. The thing, I wouldn't get offended at a site like this. Instead, I'd want to pick it apart. Introversion and Extroversion are physiological. No matter how you train your mind, you're not going to change how your body reacts. You just have to make better use of the time when you do have energy.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Wow, I love the way the main page sells the book. It's brilliant, and I appreciate brilliance. It's perfectly straight to the point. This isn't going to trick anybody. People don't "fall" for this kind of thing. They're either going to look into something they want to learn about, or they'll laugh and leave the site. Everybody who is offended and talking about it is just helping to promote the book.

The Popular Guy says "While you’re living in fantasy land, I’m milking the real world for everything it offers: popularity, admiration, endless friends, sex, and success. But you don’t want that anyway, right? Lie to yourself."

Well, you're either lying to yourself or you're not. I don't see what the big deal is. You're all getting defensive. It's funny. You're making it look like he's right. (Part of the brilliance.)

The book is probably easily worth $30 if that's the kind of information you want. And I'm sure the guy has a lot of unique points that you won't find anywhere else. Sometimes bold language, straight talk, and facts are necessary for making an impact. It's his job to really make you think, but the thoughts you leave with are yours and yours alone. You're not going to believe anything you don't agree with. He gives you information that forces you to take a stance - essential for progress. Even if you'd never do anything with the knowledge directly, it would still be fun to read, and I certainly have respect for anyone who is trying to better themselves. You have to start somewhere, whether it's buying a book and realizing you make bad decisions or buying a book and actually examining everything it says to see what out of it you can utilize to improve your life. It's as simple as that.

Keep in mind that none of you have actually read the book.

Finally, someone looks at a post like this in the right way. I love how people make threads like this, and then people attack the person or get offended. I admit, I started processing what he said, but I left it in my head and then changed my thoughts. I have no use in belittling him in the thread.

I agree that's a possible ENTJ, though. The thing, I wouldn't get offended at a site like this. Instead, I'd want to pick it apart. Introversion and Extroversion are physiological. No matter how you train your mind, you're not going to change how your body reacts. You just have to make better use of the time when you do have energy.

I was actually taking a personality test a few days ago, and it asked, "Are you introverted or fun?"

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Pairing subjectively positive/negative impressions of trait to an absolute scale seems too silly to honestly comment on.

His purpose is to sell a book. To hedge his bets, he adorns his introductory page with an inflammatory call-to-action to encourage people to buy his work either to: prove him wrong; showcase different ways people can "improve" their social skills while lining his billfold.

It's a snow job, guys.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Introverts are the new black.

I'm an introvert that wears a lot of black. I'm not emo, though, I swear!

245063794_5ab866053b.jpg

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
;)
"Living in a fantasy land" really has more to do with N than anything else. That fact that this is coming from someone who is dominant Ni makes it ironic.

Being able to SEE a fantasy land does not automatically assume that a person lives in it. There's where the error lies.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Losers are the ones who think they can change their lifes by following an instruction manual...

G

garbage

Losers are the ones who think they can change their lifes by following an instruction manual...

And this guy's selling an instruction manual for losers who want to change their lives! It's a perfect market fit.

(To be fair, though, there are self-help books out there that are actually useful rather than just delusional.)

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
;)

Being able to SEE a fantasy land does not automatically assume that a person lives in it. There's where the error lies.

Would you say that you live in your fantasy land or is it just a place that you visit frequently. ;)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That book has to be a joke

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Go buy it and let us know.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

No rational introvert will fall for it. Those in distress, desperate for what they think is "the way out" of their problems might very well fall for it.

No, I'm angry that somebody is obviously preying on the personal problems of the introvert to make a quick buck.

Mole

Permabanned
Here and There

Our national hero, Ned Kelly, is a loser.

Our One-Day-of-the-Year, ANZAC Day, commemorates a defeat.

All our Explorers failed to discover the Promised Land.

Our unofficial national anthem, "Waltzing Matilda", sings of a swagman - whom you would call a bum and and a loser.

Even our sense of humour is deprecatory.

We love losers.

And you hate losers.

You openly and publicly hate losers - 'loser', in your lexicon is a pejorative word.

So you set yourselves up for the confidence men to prey on you.