• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which one of this models is closer to your picture of the world ?

Which model is closer to your philosophy of the world based on first three letters

• ESF linear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESF trigonal

• EST linear

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • EST trigonal

• ENF linear

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • ENF trigonal

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • ENT linear

• ENT trigonal

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • ISF linear

• ISF trigonal

• IST linear

• IST trigonal

• INF linear

• INF trigonal

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • INT linear

• INT trigonal

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
In MBTI there is the F/T scale.

But I want to test something that is going around my head for sometime.
I want to see how people see this since it has pretty much nothing to do with MBTI.

I am curious about which model people find closer to their way of looking at the things, not which one is more correct.

There are two models linear and triangular one.

Linerar has two ends; Good emotions , Bad emotions.
So everything is expressed as a raito of emotions and logic is a helping tool.

Trigonal has three ends : Good emotions , Bad emotions and Logic
Here there are three components and every person has a proportion of those three.

Linear model

Good emotions Bad emotions
O---------------------O

Trigonal model

Good emotions Bad emotions
O---------------------O
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
O
Logic

It looks that I can't show this model here

I made this because of some things that people (Fs) said to me..But it could be that they were just frustrated with me.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'd say the second one. But I think it's comparing apples to oranges. Logic just describes and structures things, and the emotions come into play after that point to generate a reaction. They shouldn't be placed side-by-side as if they had similar functions.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I'd say the second one. But I think it's comparing apples to oranges. Logic just describes and structures things, and the emotions come into play after that point to generate a reaction. They shouldn't be placed side-by-side as if they had similar functions.

The point is to check do peope see something that worths or do they see apples and oranges.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The point is to check do peope see something that worths or do they see apples and oranges.

Well, the reason I chose the second one is this:

I think that as far as the conscious mind is concerned... logic first structures a situation, tells us what it is, etc. This is the first step. Then, we react to our picture of the situation, which tells us what it means to us... but it's not as simple as "good" and "bad" emotions. Emotions have far more qualities to them than just being good or bad.

The second model is closest to how I see this because logic is placed at an angle to the emotions... as if to say the emotional evaluation happens after the logical and sensory processing of the events. In other words, I agree that logic is a perspective that doesn't have to be based on emotions, but I don't agree that emotions can simply be grouped into something as simple as "good" and "bad."

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, the reason I chose the second one is this:

I think that as far as the conscious mind is concerned... logic first structures a situation, tells us what it is, etc. This is the first step. Then, we react to our picture of the situation, which tells us what it means to us... but it's not as simple as "good" and "bad" emotions. Emotions have far more qualities to them than just being good or bad.

The second model is closest to how I see this because logic is placed at an angle to the emotions... as if to say the emotional evaluation happens after the logical and sensory processing of the events.
I agree with this reasoning.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Logic doesn't exist, at least not objectively. Everything is ultimately based on emotional reactions to situations - what is called logic is really an emotional response to a situation, at least from what I can tell. No human can ever cut emotions out of any decision they make, but logic is easily removed.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
People can pretend to be logical though.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
People can pretend to be logical though.

That is true but there is a difference between what a person is telling and what is actual position. The first one is more or less irrelevant.

This are not actually my ideas I just place them is a framework and now I am trying to see what will come out from this.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't really see the point of separating emotions into "good" and "bad" in the first place.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
Logic doesn't exist, at least not objectively. Everything is ultimately based on emotional reactions to situations - what is called logic is really an emotional response to a situation, at least from what I can tell. No human can ever cut emotions out of any decision they make, but logic is easily removed.

Yes, I agree. Logic does seem to be emotion's bitch. :devil:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INF Trigonal.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really totally separate good emotions, bad emotions, and logic. I mean, they are definitely three different things. But, you can experience emotions and use logic at the same time. Why not? This model thing isn't making much sense to me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Though I like when functions come linear, I dont understand the model. I voted trigonal.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Emotions aren't good or bad, they are only emotions. Only actions taken can be perceived as good or bad, and then they are weighed only by the social environment that one is in where morals dictate what is acceptable and what isn't.