• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Did N women had bigger chances to be burned as witches ?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nocap, dude, go be bored elsewhere.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I thought it was common knowledge that INFJs can breathe underwater.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I admit that the thread topic looks silly but if you take a closer looks is that not.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I say it was ENFPs that specialized in love potions though :alttongue:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You clearly don't know what trolling is.
Not that that matters.

I don't care if you think it's worse. The way to eliminate both, would be to stop making ridiculous threads: I'd have no reason to make "trollish" posts then.

You don't have to open the thread and troll around, no one is making you.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
You don't have to open the thread and troll around, no one is making you.

You're right. There's no ostensible explicitly stated reason for me to come in and troll (even though that's not what I'm doing).

There is on the other hand, a responsibility -- a compulsion even, as a knowledgeable proponent, to dispel the falsities inherent in a thread like this.

Are you done trolling me?

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Not necessarily, women were often accused and burned as witches for completely arbitrary things, such as miscarriages, adultery, bad crops, or food poisoning.

Yeah, maybe if you average them out through all of Europe and Medieval history. The Witch-Craze wasn't everywhere, but "rare" is a poor word to use for the places it struck. For example, there were about 3,000 deaths in a single Swiss canton in a period of about 90 years (and this was recorded in their archives), and in the Trier Witch Trials, there were two entire villages which were left with only one woman each (age was not an issue here).

3000 N women during 90 years born to a relatively small area is just a coincidence.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're right. There's no ostensible explicitly stated reason for me to come in and troll (even though that's not what I'm doing).

There is on the other hand, a responsibility -- a compulsion even, as a knowledgeable proponent, to dispel the falsities inherent in a thread like this.

Nocap, I see your compulsion, but not your sense of responsibility. Chill out.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

It's good to add humor to a post that might be viewed as an insult, then no one accuses you of being a troll.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Then where is your argument?

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Yes.

Turn your computer off, and sell it.

I would have takin this as humor. Are people really that sensative. Or are they so bored that they have to bait this little piece of opinionated sarcasm into personal lunch sandwich.

Now. Lets eat.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
pre-rational enfj are the best witches (as in: only fire can stop her from cursing people, and telling weird stuff about the rulers)

FiNe women are second best, but in a very different way.

NiFe women are pretty invisible, like chameleons, so you have to find them first.
it would be much easier to just burn an enfj.

enfp and entp might have been most threatening to gender rules.

seriously, i think ..... ....... but don't want to write any of that down.

antisocial one said:
I could be wrong but at that time NF and NT methods were quite similar since science and spirituality were one

i can follow you there, but i pick up on the reverse implication of this statement: "today NF and NT methods are different, because science and spirituality are separated."

that sentence does not work at all.

so we could just say, that all ways were more similar to each other, back then, because they were less differentiated. just because. (at the same time the ways were more radical, but people did not stick radically to one way, but mixed their ways on a mood or occasion-basis, which made their overall achievements look more similar)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would have takin this as humor. Are people really that sensative. Or are they so bored that they have to bait this little piece of opinionated sarcasm into personal lunch sandwich.

Now. Lets eat.

Reaction is relative to the rate of frequency concerning said sort of behavior.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
pre-rational enfj are the best witches
(as in: only fire can stop her from cursing people)

FiNe women are second best, but in a very different way.

NiFe women are pretty invisible, so you have to find them first. much easier to just burn an enfj.

seriously, i think .....
....... but dont want to write any of that down.

i can follow you there, but i pick up on the backward implication of this statement: "today NF and NT methods are different, because science and spirituality are separated."

that sentence does not work at all.

so we could just say, that all ways were more similar to each other, back then, because they were less differentiated. just because.

That is why I said that I am generalizing since I placed alot of things in groups that actually don't exist in.
Probably word "oversimplification" would fit better there.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
This thread about witch hunts of intuitives is turning into a witch hunt full of intuitives. I'm starting to think Ns and only Ns were the hunters and hunted back then. And all the Ss were thinking *wtf* about all this intuitive crap. Frickin intuitives.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
well, i anyone was ever burned for being a mystic, then it was an INTJ *g*

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nocap, I see your compulsion, but not your sense of responsibility. Chill out.

In case I'm misinterpreting:
I'm [the opposite of chilled out - whatever that is] because I see a problem and hope to urge the strong willed to wring some answers out of me?

Threads like this are full of false confirmations. All you've got is conjecture.
This one in particular seeks to connect an extreme religious action with a specific trait of an esoteric psychometric system.

I don't know much about the era, but Amargith seems to. Going on what she's said, there's was plenty of false representation for purpose of vendetta (and presumably to accomplish other goals). It's likely enough that a lot of the burnings where the written history indicates their honest suspicion were actually lies.

I imagine a lot of criteria weren't met before an accusation was made. There might even have been a large number of framings (a la Monty Python).

And most of this hasn't even been discussed. Amargith is the only one who's made any attempt to bring... evidence into the discussion.

Not to mention this:
degree of a INTP or INFP "witch" since they have "powers".
What powers?
I've never seen anyone with "powers" or anyone I might make hyperbole humor by suggesting they had powers, and I know plenty of intuitives.
Maybe we need to revise our idea on what intuition means?

There's very little clarity and two extremely obscure points trying to be connected.

Why shouldn't I "troll" this thread? It's a fucking joke anyway.