• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Did N women had bigger chances to be burned as witches ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am not 100% were to place this thread.

Large number of women are burned as withces in the past. But it look to me that N woman had bigger chances to end up like this then S women.

For exmaple it makes sense that ESTJ knight is scared to some degree of a INTP or INFP "witch" since they have "powers".
There is alot of combinations so I will not name them.

Since there was no real scientific methods at the time no one could explain the differences.

Any opinions about this?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
N and T would probably both contribute to a woman not fitting well into society in those times, and therefore being judged as "evil". Both go somewhat against the grain of what is/as expected.

Can't really speculate more than that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL. Yes, probably. Even today, empathy, 'telepathy' and telling the future are still associated with modern witchcraft, which are skills more often associated with N's.

On the other hand, accusations often happened because of jealousy amongst women or powerful men feeling threatened by the woman they were accusing (for instance, coz she refused him, or because he's was a doctor and as an herbalist she was his direct competition), so I dunno how that would fit in...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was expecting bigger boobs, and I'm like if that's true I want to live in the past. but probably, i don't know. of course i didn't read the whole title just Did N women had bigger.....

S

Sniffles

Id have to no, not necessarily. Then again, witch burnings were considerably rare.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just finished a book 2 days ago: The Witch's Trinity (A Novel) by Erika Mailman. The author was inspired when she discovered an ancestor of her was tried for witchcraft twice. That said, I suspect both women in the book that were burned as witches were NF.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It would be difficult to find out... First I'd have to make a time machine. Anyone up for that? I'd help if you knew what you were doing.

As for the OP I'd say it makes sense for people to get scared by N people that opened their mouths too often before they knew why it was.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
N women might not be witches, but for some reason they seem to float in water, and weigh the same as a duck.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I have absolutely zero real historical information on this, but from my common knowledge of the subject, I would say that it seems as though women who lived alone/independently were the ones that often got accused of being witches. So whatever type is prone to living independently and is comfortable going against the grain of societal norms would be the type that got accused of being witches. I'd think that N would be the common denominator, though NF might give the person an air of alternative spirituality that is "witchy."

So, if a woman were unmarried and supported herself through unusual means (which was probably the case because there weren't too many occupational choices for them at the time), then she probably automatically labeled as abnormal or unnatural. And then when famine or some other community blight hit, they were probably an easy target to blame for having brought god's wrath. Or for having cast some spell.

But that's all speculation.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
QUIT LOOKING IN MY BATHROOM?!

...and they also take really sexy bubble baths.

I have absolutely zero real historical information on this, but from my common knowledge of the subject, I would say that it seems as though women who lived alone/independently were the ones that often got accused of being witches.

So, if a woman were unmarried and supported herself through unusual means (which was probably the case because there weren't too many occupational choices for them at the time), then she probably automatically labeled as abnormal or unnatural. And then when famine or some other community blight hit, they were probably an easy target to blame for having brought god's wrath. Or for having cast some spell.

Makes sense. I also heard personal vendettas might have played into it.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have absolutely zero real historical information on this

I'd assume the same goes for most of us. I wonder if anyone has bothered (or will) to excavate a correlation between women murdered as witches and their personality type. Clearly lifestyle and behavior reflect type. The data must be out there somewhere...

:scans the invisible horizon:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I have absolutely zero real historical information on this, but from my common knowledge of the subject, I would say that it seems as though women who lived alone/independently were the ones that often got accused of being witches. So whatever type is prone to living independently and is comfortable going against the grain of societal norms would be the type that got accused of being witches. I'd think that N would be the common denominator, though NF might give the person an air of alternative spirituality that is "witchy."

I could be wrong but at that time NF and NT mathods were quite simlar since science and spirituality were one. (I know that this is oversimplificated) On the other hand NT woman could easily be labelled as insensitive bitch. What could be a sign of possession.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Not necessarily, women were often accused and burned as witches for completely arbitrary things, such as miscarriages, adultery, bad crops, or food poisoning.

Id have to no, not necessarily. Then again, witch burnings were considerably rare.

Yeah, maybe if you average them out through all of Europe and Medieval history. The Witch-Craze wasn't everywhere, but "rare" is a poor word to use for the places it struck. For example, there were about 3,000 deaths in a single Swiss canton in a period of about 90 years (and this was recorded in their archives), and in the Trier Witch Trials, there were two entire villages which were left with only one woman each (age was not an issue here).

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
On the other hand, selling your computer would stop you from making ridiculous threads.