• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What energizes you?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
The things that energize me are my world of ideas when I get to implement them and anticipation and the worlds of other people.

The only time I am alone and getting energized is getting ready to go out or the first rush or sitting down to study or fill out an application or what not.

Competition energizes me.

Good music.

Good company.

Good conversation.

I think the difference between levels of introversion/extroversion (and other functions) is how 'good' is defined.

I can be brought back from the dead (at least give it a good try) to spend quality time with a quality someone or some one's.

Stimulation by definition practically energizes anyone - my stimulation is mental, intellectual, and social.

Walking and talking and exploring a new city or neighborhood is very energizing.

It's not so much the number of people I'm around, it's do I feel connected to them?

When I'm visiting NYC and sitting in parks or walking around, I actually do feel connected to people and feel a part of a larger collective energy, so I find that energizing just to be there.

Sitting down, watching TV, reading a book, even foruming - it's not really 'energizing'.

Excercise by definition is 'energizing' -- I like going to the gym for the mood lift. I also love to dance - but I think dancing is something honestly equally enjoyed by introverts/extroverts, there isn't really a correlation just along those lines.

I don't know...I need a clearer definition of 'energize'.

I know I am an extrovert though because even my more solitary moments revolve around the dream or desire to interact with the world. When I watch movies, I'm daydreaming and connecting those things to my own experiences with other people and shared significance, etc. When I study, it's towards the goal of expanding my influence in the world.

But really, I think people are like this in general. Everyone feels and needs to feel connected to something or someone.

Now I'm blabbing.

Thanks. LOL.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Pretty much anything with a lot of carbon-hydrogen compounds.

I think they call them hydrocarbides, but I'm not sure.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When people acknowledge me and appreciate me, when people thank me when I make an effort to do something good. You would be amazed at how little people do this. It bums me.

Otherwise being alone energizes me.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh, dear! Hey, little Black Cat. Here's a nice, dead mousie for you. (I only nibbled just a little on the feet. Um, well. And ears.)

Sunshine energizes me!

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Music. It's like I need a soundtrack for each day. lol

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
anything new, shiny and not thoroughly investigated sparks me... the thrill of poking at something DIFFERENT and not totally understood absolutley delights me :wubbie:

wolfy

awsm
I'm not drunk any more just hungover. I reread what I wrote and I agree with my alter ego.

I am energised by people and their presence.

How does that fit in with being an introvert? You might be thinking.
Well I'll try an explain. I'll use an analogy. I think that's what it is anyway...

I'm the clown that juggles chainsaws. I do it to impress you.
Yeah, you but not you. I don't like you... but you're cool.
But after the shows over I need to go practice, think of some new throws, read a few books on chainsaw maintenance and first aid. I like that side too.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha...that's a pretty silly analogy you got yourself there. :)

LucrativeSid

Performing, improvising, competition, debating, teaching, watching some movies, playing and listening to music, and being a catalyst.

Do I seek these things out? No, not really. I spend more time doing relaxing things, like reading and writing, which I quite enjoy, but that do not really "energize" me. I can't even remember the last time I had some zest that lasted for more than 10 minutes.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Competition. It never fails to energize me. Especially when I'm losing at something.

Also - inspiration (mainly from watching or hearing someone do something unbelievably great).

Oh, and music.
There we go, I knew something was missing from this thread. This is what I agree with most. (not just saying that) It's rare, though, that I feel energized and a strong desire to do something.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Great people... music is a big thing.. Inspiring art... walking along a beach at dusk or at night is even better.. dreaming... image streaming... basically... and I know this is going to make me sound weird but anything that makes me feel alive.. in a good or bad way :blush:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not drunk any more just hungover. I reread what I wrote and I agree with my alter ego.

I am energised by people and their presence.

How does that fit in with being an introvert? You might be thinking.
Well I'll try an explain. I'll use an analogy. I think that's what it is anyway...

I'm the clown that juggles chainsaws. I do it to impress you.
Yeah, you but not you. I don't like you... but you're cool.
But after the shows over I need to go practice, think of some new throws, read a few books on chainsaw maintenance and first aid. I like that side too.

My brother is an ISFP, and my dad considers him an extravert and me an introvert. He spends most of his time by himself, but when he is in a group he's pretty wild.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What energizes me really depends on a lot of factors. After a long day at work, I cannot stand in looking at ANYONE's face or talking for about 20-30 minutes after I come home. During this time I typically "zone out" where I think about nothing, stupid shit, or something totally irrelevant to what I have been doing all day long...

Anything can be energizing or debilitating depending on my mood, my feeling, or my status at any given time. That includes, but is not limited to: books, movies, socializing, parties, being online, working, helping others, exercising (working out, going for walks, etc.), handcrafts, games, puzzles, thinking, learning new things, talking to people, observing things, etc.

More often than not, if I am really exhausted, I love to be alone or with my husband.

On the other hand, if I have too much time alone or with my husband, I go ape shit.

Furthermore, if I spend too much time with others and don't replenish, I go nuts and get cranky....

Wow, I am a really complex person....

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
Definitely nature. I love jogging and taking long walks with my dog in the forest (and I mean an actual forest, not the artificially lighted crowded jogging track a-couple-of-hectares tree-filled spots).

Being underestimated. Something in my unconscious jumps up and starts screaming "SHOW THEM ALL!"

Very quiet and physically passive alone time. I need it a lot.

silverchris9

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm energized by people. Even having a person in the room while doing my own works helps me not to be bored to death by doing solitary work. Whoever said "an audience" that's 100% right, be it on stage or off. In certain levels of exhaustion I can run on audience alone (i.e., show week, when I do a show every night and go to school for eight hours during the day. It's going to be AWESOME).

I'm also energized by knowledge, by which I mean possibility. I'm energized by knowing something new insofar as it opens up a world of related possibilities. I suppose I do have "grass is greener" syndrome.