• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What energizes you?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
possibilities. Really, I can be dog tired, and then a thought will cross my mind: when I'm in Rome, I wonder if I could manage a daytrip to Pompeii by public transport? Then I suddenly wake right up and I'm totally energised and researching and finding a way to do it. Then when I've figured it out, I'm all hyped up and want to take on other things.

Or like, if I have an idea to do something like, suppose something annoys me like the the billionth time I go to the bathroom and find myself looking at that dripping faucet and thinking "that's it, I've had it, I'm gonna fix that!" and though I've no idea how, I'll be suddenly really energised and I'll look up how to do it, then go out and get all the stuff and set to work and get it done.

So... possibilities and making things happen. If I get a whiff of the possibility that I can make something happen, something cool or useful or whatever, then it'd get me up and running even if my battery was on zero, so to speak.

I would say people also energise me, but it totally depends on the people. Some people have the opposite effect, particularly "good listeners". I don't want someone to just sit and listen, that's BORING and gets me right down. I want someone to talk back to me and fuel the idea machine, to brainstorm and rapid fire with me, to help generate possibilities, and/or join in with me in a spontaneous project/idea/possibility. The person who does that becomes a god in my eyes lol

MBTI Type
INxJ
possibilities. Really, I can be dog tired, and then a thought will cross my mind: when I'm in Rome, I wonder if I could manage a daytrip to Pompeii by public transport? Then I suddenly wake right up and I'm totally energised and researching and finding a way to do it. Then when I've figured it out, I'm all hyped up and want to take on other things.

Or like, if I have an idea to do something like, suppose something annoys me like the the billionth time I go to the bathroom and find myself looking at that dripping faucet and thinking "that's it, I've had it, I'm gonna fix that!" and though I've no idea how, I'll be suddenly really energised and I'll look up how to do it, then go out and get all the stuff and set to work and get it done.

So... possibilities and making things happen. If I get a whiff of the possibility that I can make something happen, something cool or useful or whatever, then it'd get me up and running even if my battery was on zero, so to speak.

You just described my process. Every detail. That's exactly what works for me as well, with the addition of new theories to rip apart and understand. Or consuming info on a new subject I'm interested in.

Maybe, I'm an ENTP. :laugh:

Typology

MBTI Type
epyT
Enneagram
You just described my process. Every detail. That's exactly what works for me as well, with the addition of new theories to rip apart and understand. Or consuming info on a new subject I'm interested in.

Maybe, I'm an ENTP. :laugh:

Really? I always thought INTJ's simply switched their old battery out for a new one. :happy0065:

MBTI Type
INxJ
Really? I always thought INTJ's simply switched their old battery out for a new one. :happy0065:

Sssssh! Don't tell anyone. There could be a mass plot to steal our specific robot size batteries, and INTJs would be done for.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Music, being around people I like, nature like seeing a whale or dolphins or a huge school of fish in the wild or being in the surf feeling the force of the waves, natural phenomena like electrical storms, snow, hail, meteor showers, extreme but not lifethreatening weather basically and creating things and humour/comedy and new toys, beating the odds.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So what exactly is it that energizes you?

ass.jpg

424433_b88eedea37.jpg

4167t.jpg

059.jpg

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
*Music, definitely music. Checking out deals on NewEgg energizes me. What a dork! Going to the bookstore energizes me. Research energizes me. I love learning anything and everything new! From building computers to taking international cuisines class. General studio arts, design, photography, fashion.. anything!

*Hanging out with my baby cousins (who are getting taller than me) energizes me.
*Taking them out energizes me.
*House parties energize me. Friends who are funny & naturally high energize me. Family energizes me.

*Talking to my dog energizes me.. he talks back, literally.

.. basically, people of (all sorts), the thought of traveling, learning, and life energizes me!! The thought of how connected we are, past, present & future through civilizations & lifetimes energizes me! Night time energizes me! I also love to watch clouds roll by & imagine the pictures & stories behind it. I get energized/enamored when I gaze upon the starry skies, and drown into the pool of mysterious wonders, beauty & aw of the heavenly sky, our infinite universe!

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Learning useful things. Whether it's repairing the faulty GFCI unit in your house, or picking up Latin.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
1. Finishing projects
2. doing stuff I love
3. listening to music and rocking with it

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
wow those last few posts from you guys made me feel exceptionally sensorish. What do you guys mean by "possibilities". Like trying something new? or just wondering what will happen next? Thinking about the future exhausts me! Wondering what might happen, a new situation, a new idea. (I don't mind talking about ideas as long as I already have a grasp on it.) These things make anxiety go up for me and make me want to just crawl into a cozy bed.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...So what exactly is it that energizes you?

Well then, off the top of my head:

(1) A challenge
(2) Helping a friend
(3) Enjoying the company of a mature, well spoken, assertive, cool person
(4) Female beauty in all its wondrous forms
(5) An opportunity to do good for the common good
(6) Good live music
(7) A chance to entertain others

Gotta' go jog now!

:)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To answer my own thread.

People do energize me. Most parties, (if the people are cool), music, laughing, friends, booze, the taste of a nice cigar. The taste of a nice wine or scotch. Sushi. Beaches, nice old people, making new friends. Anything physical or outdoors. Running is physically the most effective way to boost my energy/mood. Having vacations to do whatever I want with no bills to pay, extra money to spend and basically the resources to be irresponsible. (Happens sometimes since that's what I work so hard for :) ). Getting my back cracked, showers, and coffee. Joyrides. Long drives on the highway with good music.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Music: loud, rockin and live whenever possible

Physical exercise: in small, manageable and fun doses

Positive, fun people who just 'do' things

Being outdoors doing something active

When I discover a new idea, interest or passion

Seeing passion and excitement in others

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Music, nature, writing, thinking, photographing, meditation/not thinking and focusing on the breathing/sports (escaping my head), reading, thought-provoking movies and solitude energize me.

Valhallahereicome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w7
Funny exchanges with people.

Intelligent exchanges with people.

Going to big parties and drinking and dancing.

My favorite music, played full blast.

Being on the way somewhere exciting, or leaving someplace exciting.

Good ideas.

Success.

New places and adventures.

Strange, risky situations.

And... *drumroll* this forum.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
So what exactly is it that energizes you?

I get energy from good athmosphere, interesting stuff and from people or interesting conversations. When I'm in my most energetic mood, I get energy from my own energy. It's a loop. ;)

ygolo

My termites win
Not a lot of stuff, really. I'm kinda just blah, most of the time.

I like to find out answers to questions I have, and I get a lot of motivation to find answers.
I also like to sit and ponder things. I have motivation to do that.

But neither of these things energizes me directly, it's just stuff that I am energized to do.

So I guess, it would be:
1) Having a question I really want to answer
2) Having something interesting to ponder

Other things that energize me are:
3) Having someone understand the explanation of what I've thought about for a long time.
4) Answering people's questions, if they are interesting questions.

I just realized, I'm VERY introverted.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
1. Success in any form.
2. Intreseting people.
3. Flawless victory.
4. Interesting Books and theories.
5. Physical activities.
6. Being challenged or a having challenge.
7. Loud, agitating music, with angry lyrics(that actually make sense).
8. Perfoming Idea's or applying them.
9. Good Jokes , funny people and laughter.
10. Cryptic information.