• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Were you an observer or interacter?

Observer or interactor

• SJ-Observer

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • SJ-Ineteractor

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • SP-Observer

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • SP-Interactor

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • NF-Observer

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • NF-Interactor

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • NT-Observer

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • NT-Interacto

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • E

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I

Votes: 27 32.5%

• Total voters

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
NT observer (and spy). I used to find a corner to curl up in while the adults were talking. After a time they'd forget I was there.

And that's when the conversation would get interesting.

As a matter of fact, it's still that way. The faculty around here will get into these conversations about other faculty (uni politics + egos = nasty backbiting) and sometimes I just want to say "People - do I look like a piece of furniture?" Fortunately (for them) I'm ethical enough to let it die there.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP, observer. Always have been. I like to observe people's patterns in order to get comfortable with them before I talk to them.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
depended on the situation...
most of the time i was just interactive but in a bad way >:] mwahaha

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I observed... then I zoned out into daydream land when I was a kid.

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
I often just sat back and watched when I was in a group, but if it was a one on one interaction, I would well, interact.

I still do this for the most part.

Typology

MBTI Type
epyT
Enneagram
When the conversation or interaction has nothing to do with me, I observe the HELL out of it. It's generally amusing and interesting at the same time!

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Both. But mostly interacter.

I became much more observe-y the older I got (though maintaining the need of lots of INTERACTION)

Cirrus

MBTI Type
INFJ
NF - Observer.

This is one of the only things I'm sure about with myself. XD Usually I will notice everything in a room, be the first to react to everything, and perceive everything.

People usually think I'm quiet because I'm shy - I'm not, I just observe my surroundings constantly.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely an observer when I was younger. I preferred watching, reading, and learning when I was a young child over doing anything myself. Not sure what happened.

I'm currently a fairly balanced mixture of both, though with preference toward interaction.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Socially I've been observer including answering questions. I did jump right in with gymnastics.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was very much an observer. Until I was in my 20s. And even now, is not always easy for me to act rather than observe.