• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Power of Thought

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Here is a common scenario:

Q: Would you run down the street with no clothes for $1 million?
A: No, I wouldn't; I have too much respect for myself to do something like that.

Anyone see a flaw in logic?

If you dismiss an opportunity to make a lot of money, you don't have respect for yourself!

I'd do it for free. Depending on the street. I'd either do it for free or I wouldn't do it at all. It's all for sport. So is life. Money is a side effect, as far as I'm concerned.

As I've gotten older I've become more and more confident. I almost feel like I can do anything I choose. I'm not bulletproof -it will take a lot of hard work and a lot of balls to get it done right, but I can if I decide I want to. I can make a million dollars, I can get any girl I want. I havn't neccesarily done either, but if I wake up and decide to do it, damnit, I will. I don't believe this thought will make it happen, though, I think the only way thought can lead to fulfilling your desires is to focus it. Decide thats what you wan tto do and focus untill you get it. I like the ideas of small goal setting with the big picture in mind at PTGatsby mentioned, it sounds very good.

I'm also terribly naive, for what it's all worth.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't doubt the power of suggestion in many life situations but I was turned off by the wealth of blatent materialistic goals in The Secret. But I can't really say, I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
thinking this way causes you to subconciously make changes in your life that allow you to reach your goal

When parents send their children the message that they are capable of achieving their goals, that it is good to have goals of their own, and that life can be whatever they make of it, then their children grow up seeing possibilities and taking advantage of opportunities.

When parents fail to do that, children do not set high enough goals for themselves and they do not believe as strongly in their ability to achieve those goals.

So, thinking things like "I will have a $300k house someday." does not necessarily mean you will, but those that say things like that have a greater chance of having things like that because they believe in their future and in their ability, and make the most of life's opportunities.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Nah, none of this weirdness......hard , satisfying WORK. Yum.