• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dennis Lynn Rader (serial killer)

Sona

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Dennis Rader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is an actual letter he had written very interesting...
I find the newspaper not writing about the poem on Vain unamusing. A little paragraph would have enough. Iknow it not the media fault. The Police Chief he keep things quiet, and doesn't let the public know there a psycho running around lose strangling mostly women, there 7 in the ground; who will be next?

How many do I have to Kill before I get a name in the paper or some national attention. Do the cop think that all those deaths are not related? Golly -gee, yes the M.O. is different in each, but look a pattern is developing. The victims are tie up-most have been women-phone cut- bring some bondage mater sadist tendencies-no struggle, outside the death spot-no wintness except the Vain's Kids. They were very lucky; a phone call save them. I was go-ng to tape the boys and put plastics bag over there head like I did Joseph, and Shirley. And then hang the girl. God-oh God what a beautiful sexual relief that would been. Josephine, when I hung her really turn me on; her pleading for mercy then the rope took whole, she helpless; staring at me with wide terror fill eyes the rope getting tighter-tighter. You don't understand these things because your not underthe influence of factor x). The same thing that made Son of Sam, Jack the Ripper, Havery Glatman, Boston Strangler, Dr. H.H. Holmes Panty Hose Strangler OF Florida, Hillside Strangler, Ted of the West Coast and many more infamous character kill. Which seem s senseless, but we cannot help it. There is no help, no cure, except death or being caught and put away. It a terrible nightmarebut, you see I don't lose any sleep over it. After a thing like Fox I ccome home and go about life like anyone else. And I will be like that until the urge hit me again. It not continuous and I don't have a lot of time. It take time to set a kill, one mistake and it all over. Since I about blew it on the phone-handwriting is out-letter guide is to long and typewriter can be traced too,.My short poem of death and maybe a drawing;later on real picture and maybe a tape of the sound will come your way. How will you know me. Before a murder or murders you will receive a copy of the initials B.T.K. , you keep that copy the original will show up some day on guess who?

May you not be the unluck one!

P.S.2

How about some name for me, its time: 7 down and many more to go. I like the following How about you?

'THE B.T.K. STRANGLER', WICHITA STRANGLER', 'POETIC STRANGLER', 'THE BOND AGE STRANGLER' OR PSYCHO' THE WICHITA HANGMAN THE WICHITA EXECUTIONER, 'THE GAROTE PHATHOM', 'THE ASPHIXIATER'.

B.T.K

By the way he is an ISTJ. And look at all the errors, :shock: thats kinda freaky.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dennis Rader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is an actual letter he had written very interesting...

By the way he is an ISTJ. And look at all the errors, :shock: thats kinda freaky.

I didn't see him enough to determine ESTJ or ISTJ, but xSTJ is definitely him.

I followed BTK for years (since the early 90's?), in terms of studying the cases. He was one of the infamous ones simply because he was never caught, and then he just disappeared (like Zodiac) and no one knew whether he was alive or dead or where he had gone or if he was still killing anonymously. His crimes were hallmarks of the very organized killer -- completely thought-out and planned, methodical, precise, him remaining totally in control. ISTJ would have been a great reading for him, just based on the crimes themselves. I think that was what had intrigued me so much: He was SO thought-out and methodical in his crime.

And then, for no reason, BTK showed back up, writing letters and leaving clues. It made no sense, unless he had some insecurity that he wanted assuaged by the police -- needing to feel noticed and powerful again, perhaps. And then the slip-up by sending in a previously used floppy computer disk... it seems his computer knowledge had not kept up with his methodical nature, or else he was getting sloppy and becoming unbalanced.

Considering the letter posted above, and all of the errors in it, it would seem to me the latter (if the errors were not purposeful). By nature, BTK would not make errors like this, he would have been careful and thorough and precise in his writing of the note. I think he was slowly becoming unhinged. He probably enjoyed the glut of attention he received when captured and put on trial, so he could talk about himself -- the true love of his life.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
I didn't see him enough to determine ESTJ or ISTJ, but xSTJ is definitely him.

How often DID you see him? You guys get together for lunch on Fridays?? ;)

I wonder though - what makes you believe him to be S over N? The attention to detail? I could easily see an NT being uber-methodical & calclulating like that. But I guess his life outside of serial killing does seem more SJish in terms of employment, etc. If he had been a serial killer/rocket scientist... now we're talking NT. :D

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ISTJ? Probably, I would agree with that. All those grammatical and punctuation errors were quite irritating. All I have to say to the fact that he was caught via Word metadata is that he should have used an ASCII file on a fresh floppy. (It's an example of how lousy Microsoft is at protecting privacy.)

Anyway, I can't believe that something in the Wikipedia article made me laugh, and I'm ashamed of myself. I can't believe I laughed at a serial killer's joke, I feel disgusting. I don't know why, but it struck me as funny. Read and tell me if I'm normal for laughing at this:

Wikipedia said:
Rader also broke into a woman's home in 1985 shortly before he killed Vicki Wagerle. He waited but she never showed. It turned out the woman was asked to work late that night. A month later he sent her a package with a pair of her panties with a note: "Sorry I missed you, BTK."

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not sure if it's normal but I think it's funny too, in a twisted sick kind of way. mwahahaha

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
No wonder he wanted to be caught. He deserved to be punished for his horrible writing skills.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
He was a planner, but not an Intuitive planner. He wasn't even that bright and screwed up quite a bit. He got away with it for so long on pure luck.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He got away with it for so long on pure luck.

Hyperbole.

He did quite well when he was utterly in control of a situation / all of the variables were isolated and could controlled. (Modus operandi: Stake out a home and behavior patterns of the victim(s), isolate the home from the outside world by cutting phone lines, etc., then entering and incapacitating his victims.)

Intuitives might be able to hand much more complex and uncontrolled/unanticipated situations, because they roll with the punches and are good at applying past knowledge to new situations on the fly. Rader was too rigid and controlling. Once he stepped outside of situation he controlled (by interacting with police), his lack of knowledge of computer disks ruined him.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Intuitives might be able to hand much more complex and uncontrolled/unanticipated situations, because they roll with the punches and are good at applying past knowledge to new situations on the fly.

Applying past knowledge to present situations is specifically Si. And it's typically a Sensor who is able to handle complex situations in the environment, since they are in tune with the here-and-now and use their Judgment function to comprehend it realistically. Comprehension of things is not an Intuitive process, it's a Thinking or Feeling process.

Sensors, regardless of Introversion and Extraversion, are focused on the outer world. Where Se notices and seeks experience of all the details of the environment, Si forms a personal impression over observations. And so the Si will be more sensitive to beauty and such.

I think most serial killers are driven by the fantasy-oriented Ni function, which probably makes them hard to truly understand. The common theme of serial killers is a fantasy with power, which is very Ni.

Personally, I think this particular serial killer is an IxTP.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
I saw a documentary on him. I think he's a repressed and obviously unbalanced ESTJ. He has a need to control that I don't find as common in introverts or P's for that matter.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
No wonder he wanted to be caught. He deserved to be punished for his horrible writing skills.

You know, I just read this thread... and the first thing that came into my mind... "Serial killer? Just how many languages did he kill!?". :huh:

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I could see an ISTJ serial killer wanting specifically to integrate himself into the tradition of serial killing, which he does by dropping all those names and then inviting the media to name him. By giving him a name and publicity, they would be validating his status as a Serial Killer, as opposed to just some random dangerous nut.