• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

social doomday asteroids

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
I catch myself doing this from time to time.
If an asteroid were to head toward the earth, that threatened all life everyone would be given the option to set aside differences and get along for a moment or die. The aftermath would be a period of time when people didn't fight as much. Everyone would be united and peaceful, even if it were just a moment of time because of a threat directed to everyone.

I used to have a habit [bad or good depending on how you look at it] of doing this on purpose to friends of mine when they fought over trivial things and were too stubborn and prideful to say sorry. I would end up doing something to piss off all the friends who were pissed at each other, they'd get pissed at me and try to get me back or just talk about how much of an asshole I was. The end result was usually them hating me, but no longer hating each other.

This was usually something I did if I was moving away. I'd be hatefully remembered but at they would no longer hate each other.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
If an asteroid were to head toward the earth, that threatened all life everyone would be given the option to set aside differences and get along for a moment or die. The aftermath would be a period of time when people didn't fight as much. Everyone would be united and peaceful, even if it were just a moment of time because of a threat directed to everyone.

About 1.659 secs. Then the raping and looting and rioting would begin. Cars would be stolen, bomb-shelters besieged, government figures ripped limb-from-limb and oil-riggers sent into space.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't know about being threatened to be nice would work. It's like saying love this person or else with a gun at your head. It wouldn't be sincere, it would be so fake I'd rather die then be insincere to people I did not like. So people like me would foil the plan for everyone to get along, hate to say it, actually I don't I'm just trying to be nice, but someone would fuck it up before the asteroid hit/had a chance to turn around.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

I used to have a habit [bad or good depending on how you look at it] of doing this on purpose to friends of mine when they fought over trivial things and were too stubborn and prideful to say sorry. I would end up doing something to piss off all the friends who were pissed at each other, they'd get pissed at me and try to get me back or just talk about how much of an asshole I was. The end result was usually them hating me, but no longer hating each other.

This was usually something I did if I was moving away. I'd be hatefully remembered but at they would no longer hate each other.

I do it occasionally. Not to that extent, but I am often happy to become the target and let people blame me for something if it helps them sort their differences. It is not really that noble or self undermining or anything. Just when I weigh up the situation it is the easiest option. And unless they are attacking something pretty core, unjustified anger which I've initiated is unlikely to cut very deep. I do it less these days than when I was younger though.