• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Logic: The ultimate fun killer

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Because of this impassionate calculation can look like sin.

What exactly do you mean by this?

And as far as admiring stuff that doesn't warrant admiring - movies aren't by definition political messages. Everyone can take something different from the experience. But even if the message is not very noble or admirable, it's freedom of speech. People put on display whatever they want at the end of the day.

That being said, I personally feel a lot more attracted to gritty plotlines. Your topic is about enjoying movies. I consider myself a movie aficionado, that doesn't mean that I think all movies are well done or devoid of flaws though. Quite the contrary.

But I ask you : does this apply to other works of art too? Do you regard books in the same way, for example?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Whenever I watch a movie I pay attention to the first 5 minutes to get an idea of the thinking of the director. Then prediction becomes second nature to me. When it comes to logical reasoning most thick-plotted movies are a piss off as I always say in my mind "I knew they'd do this but it's really stupid cos they could have done that instead". Because of these thoughts I get the idea that movies and even pop culture in general may make me more.... airheaded. Ive never really been a movie person myself. I try avoid them as much as possible.
Even series don't get to me that much. I was only ever interested in a few series.
The anime series Death Note really got me though. It was very smart and I felt I could relate to the characters. If you haven't watched it, it is advisable that you do.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What exactly do you mean by this?

And as far as admiring stuff that doesn't warrant admiring - movies aren't by definition political messages. Everyone can take something different from the experience. But even if the message is not very noble or admirable, it's freedom of speech. People put on display whatever they want at the end of the day.

That being said, I personally feel a lot more attracted to gritty plotlines. Your topic is about enjoying movies. I consider myself a movie aficionado, that doesn't mean that I think all movies are well done or devoid of flaws though. Quite the contrary.

But I ask you : does this apply to other works of art too? Do you regard books in the same way, for example?

It means that logic (and science) in many cases are shown as something that should be stoped.
What I am saying is that bad guys have technological superiority and good guys have their hearts to guite them.

You are right movies and not political messages by definition but that does not mean that they dom't turn out to be political messages.

To some degree I do the same with books but book are much more detailed and there is no picture so it is harder to do the same. Also in books it is rare that similar events occure multiple times.
But that does not stop me from searching for holes.

However I have stoped to read novels few years go since I don't find them interesting. I read books that are professional(geological in my case), books about space and science in general and some book that are philosophical in nature. I like them since they give me something to think about.