• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Into which eye do you look, then?

Gauche

Well, when you are maintaining eye contact, into which eye of the other person do you basically look; left, right, switch from one to another, or you dont even think about that?..
feel free to discuss

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, when you are maintaining eye contact, into which eye of the other person do you basically look; left, right, switch from one to another, or you dont even think about that?..
feel free to discuss

I just try to make them fall in love with me.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
haha, I've noticed this before but never brought it up..... this is something carlin would've pointed out :)

I tend to look at their left eye (right in my view). I don't know why, might be due to right-handedness

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I switch.. My eyes have trouble staying still anyways, it's even worse when I'm attempting to make eye-contact.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Both. *shrug* Is it that hard? (Maybe I don't stand super-close. Or look very long.)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mostly left (their right), switching occasionally (I think).

edit: maybe it's because my left eye is strongly dominant, actually - that would make sense.

B

beyondaurora

I'm constantly shifting back and forth between eyes.

The real question is: when you're talking to someone with a lazy eye, which eye do you look at?! This has always driven me crazy! Sometimes it's hard to tell, too, which eye is the "good eye" and which is the "bad eye". I don't want the other person to know that I'm noticing their eye.

Gauche

Well, i didnt catch the hidden meaning of your post, do I

Both. *shrug* Is it that hard? (Mayne I don't stand super-close.)

Let's consider you are standing close. I guess under 2 meters you should look only into one eye, or do you look on his/her nose??:laugh:

I do it something like :ninja: said. I look into one then another one, sometimes i look them on mouth, or i just wander on their face(pretty awkward that one if they look at me as well:cheese:)

MBTI Type
INxJ
Both.

Unless, I don't want to talk or I dislike them. Which means I look everywhere but their face.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I generally don't look into both eyes unless I am "invited" by the other person. In casual conversation I am aware of my eyes moving from each eye and about the face, sometimes glancing away.

I think when I glance at others' faces what I am most aware of is the feeling state their face expresses. I make initial eye contact briefly and check out what's going on under the surface and then respond accordingly.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Guys.... you can't focus both of YOUR eyes simulatenously onto both of THIER eyes.... not geometrically possible in 3-space. To look at both you would either have to focus on the middle nose ridge, or essentially "look past" their face so your left eye looks at thier right and vice versa - this however would blur their face.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Guys.... you can't focus both of YOUR eyes simulatenously onto both of THIER eyes.... not geometrically possible in 3-space. To look at both you would either have to focus on the middle nose ridge, or essentially "look past" their face so your left eye looks at thier right and vice versa - this however would blur their face.

Details, details.:D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I keep monitoring facial expressions and bodily movements while talking to people a lot of times- keeping track of what they're feeling towards what I'm saying and doing and whether they're going to bite on what I'm trying to convince them of and such- but often while talking to people I'm trying to sell them something :doh:

While really talking to a friend I'm usually sitting beside them and looking straight ahead- it's more comfortable that way for talking about deeper issues.

I do look a person in both eyes when I'm talking though- not one or the other because that would seem unbalanced to me :blush:

T

ThatGirl

hm,

this got me to thinking actually. I dont ever make eye contact with people unless it is the eyebrows up, chin down, "You see?!" look.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Both -- at least, I've never thought about it, but I'm sure I take in both eyes at once as well as the expression in them.

Sarah

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
I seldom make eye contact; when I deliberately try to do so, I alternate between eyes.

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
hmmm...I tend to move from eye to eye to lips to nose to eye brows..really all over the face and body in general. I don't like to stay focused on eyes so much b/c I think it makes people uncomfortable...well, at least I get uncomfortable talking to ppl who only make eye contact...I think you read a person better by taking it all in vs just what their eyes are saying.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Are you asking because you heard that the left eye is the 'love' eye and the right eye is the 'aggressive' eye?