• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do you cry?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
who cries during sex?!? :huh: sex is fun!

I almost NEVER cry- last time I cried was 3 years ago and I was shitfaced at my best friend's wedding at the time. It occurred to me that both of my best friends were moving a long ways away and that my engagement was falling apart really badly at the time (and I realized that I'm a dirty old man magnet!). I think I would have been fine had I not consumed over a bottle of wine over the time :dry:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Not what I'm trying to come off as...just my emotions do not involve crying as a reaction, regardless of it would be better to or not. (Not crying/having watery eyes at a funeral of a close relative comes off as weird to other people....)

:doh: I hadn't even read the replies to the thread when I posted. My side comment was not directed to you, or to your lack of crying. I don't think it's good or bad for people to not-cry.. everyone has their own ways.

What pisses me off is when people brag about their not-crying (whether they truly do or do not) as if crying is such a bad thing. It usually comes from guys trying to be super-macho around other guys, or when a girl is around a lot of guys and tries to act like them too hard. I don't think there's anything impressive about not crying.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Crying during sex is actually not that uncommon, whatever.

Many feelers cry when they feel intense emotion.

Crying doesn't always connote discomfort.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Crying during sex is actually not that uncommon, whatever.

Many feelers cry when they feel intense emotion.

Crying doesn't always connote discomfort.

I'm nearly lacking in Fi :blush:

Never cried during sex- though I've laughed during it plenty of times :devil:

Perhaps growing up hanging out with the guys can discourage a person from crying because if you cry you're a total pussy?

Then again, I'm a dreadful, insensitive NT, so perhaps that has something to do with it ;)

I've never seen any reason to cry if you're having fun, though I rarely have sex with someone I love either. It's like when my sis and mom cry at happy things- I just don't get it! It's happy God damn it! Laugh or smile- don't cry! Crying is what sad people do! :laugh:

redacted

Never cried during sex- though I've laughed during it plenty of times :devil:

HAHA that reminds me of the time I tried having sex with my ex while we were on LSD. The whole concept of sex was so ridiculous that we couldn't actually go at it without getting into laugh attacks.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OP asked what goes on in your head when you cry ... It's purely a nervous system response. Sometimes it surprises me as much as it surprises anyone else. It has nothing to do with thinking. It's something my body does. Emotion overload, stimulation overload, frustration, empathy, pity, art or music that's too beautiful to bear, something that strikes me as perfect...lots of things. Anything that overwhelms me with feeling.

Intentional meanness and bragging about being intentionally mean, if I see too much of it, will eventually break me down to tears but that's true sorrow, and mostly I don't cry about that, it just aches. That more causes depression over long term than tears.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I speculate that there are different kinds of sex...pity sex, break-up sex, etc.

I prefer the crunchy type.

OP asked what goes on in your head when you cry ... It's purely a nervous system response. Sometimes it surprises me as much as it surprises anyone else. It has nothing to do with thinking. It's something my body does. Emotion overload, stimulation overload, frustration, empathy, pity, art or music that's too beautiful to bear, something that strikes me as perfect...lots of things. Anything that overwhelms me with feeling.

Intentional meanness and bragging about being intentionally mean, if I see too much of it, will eventually break me down to tears but that's true sorrow, and mostly I don't cry about that, it just aches. That more causes depression over long term than tears.

:heart: +1

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What makes you cry?

HAHA that reminds me of the time I tried having sex with my ex while we were on LSD. The whole concept of sex was so ridiculous that we couldn't actually go at it without getting into laugh attacks.

My INTJ and I don't need LSD to get the giggles during sex. Mostly it's a matter of sex between two people, one of whom can''t move her left side coupled (coupling?) with a guy whose legs don't work. The things we get ourselves into--on a twin bed, no less--are...well....:rofl1:

Oh, but this is about what makes us cry.:doh: Let's see: Hallmark commercials, bagpipe music, soppy movies, if they're not blatantly cornyl.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Empathy usually triggers crying responses. When it comes to something emotionally affecting me though--say, when someone I knew died, etc... I tend to cry only when I'm by myself. I feel like I must be rigid when around people I know when it comes to situations like that. Not that I'm ashamed of my emotion.. but more that showing emotion during these times will deter people from using me as support.
+1
I want to be helpful, not a crying mess in need of comfort when other people need me to be of use. Also, it's somewhat contagious, and if you start, then everybody has license to go a-bawling. I'd MUCH prefer that they didn't.

THEANO

MBTI Type
ENFP
I well up when I feel touched by something....it can be a happy event, or a sad one either happening to someone close to me, or even a movie (or long distance telephone commercial :). I don't generally cry for myself, when I feel emotional or physical pain. I think I learned early on not to do that, though I may cry "inside"

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
You mean hard core, bawling crying? I usually cry when faced with outrageous fortune... something I never saw coming or that I thought could never happen. It's overwhelming, and I'll get on my hands and knees and shake and squeak and there are so many tears, I need a poncho.

As for just tearing up... that happens more often than I'd like to admit. There's not rule or reason for it... if I'm moved, I'll tear up.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I don't cry because I have no tear ducts.

THEANO

MBTI Type
ENFP
...metaphorically. Isn't that just called being sad?

Hmm, not to me. There is a very different emotion behind me being sad, and 'crying' in my heart. Sadness does not resolve into much positive for me. When I 'cry' on the inside, there is a release, or 'cleansing' and I can put whatever has caused the emotion aside and feel ready to go on